1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Unusual Rock Trivia?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aberdumbie, Mar 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Son of Wobble

Son of Wobble

Mar 8, 2010
    Great, now I'm starvin', Marvin

Novarocker likes this.
  2. Michedelic

Michedelic MId-Century Modern

What about the Pete Best Band? Ringo’s All-Starr Band?:laugh:

Novarocker likes this.
  3. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    I’ve been on a Roky Erickson kick lately, and I recently read that Stu Cook, bassist for CCR, produced and played on a couple of Erickson’s tracks.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    Novarocker likes this.
  4. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    "Tears Are Not Enough" was a 1985 charity single recorded by a supergroup of Canadian artists, under the name Northern Lights, to raise funds for relief of the 1983-85 famine in Ethiopia.

Joni Mitchell later spoke to writer Iain Blair about the recording experience: "I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was literally starving when we did the session 'cause my yoga teacher had sent me to a psychic dietician who, while rubbing her chin and swinging her arm around in a circle, had diagnosed a lot of food allergies. The result was, predictably, that I was hardly allowed to eat anything, so by the time I arrived with an apple and a rice patty, my poor stomach was making all these strange noises. Then we get in the studio, and the engineer says he can't record 'cause he's picking up some weird rumbling sound coming from my direction. And, it was all pretty ironic, considering the subject matter!"

At one point during the recording process, David Foster also had Neil Young re-record his line after singing the word "innocence" flat, to which Young famously quipped, "That's my sound, man.

5. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    David Bowie (Real name David Robert Jones) started his musical career using the name Davy (and Davie) Jones. However, in the mid-1960s, there was confusion with Davy Jones of The Monkees. Bowie renamed himself after the 19th-century American pioneer James Bowie (/ˈbuːi/ BOO-ee) and the knife he popularized although his pronunciation uses the BOH-ee (/ˈboʊi/) variant.

6. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    All four of Queen’s members had degrees and education in something other than music.

Guitarist, Brian May, has a Ph.D. in physics and astronomy
    John Deacon, the bassist, has a Ph.D. in electronics
    Roger Taylor, the drummer, went to medical school and became a dentist
    Freddie Mercury had a degree in graphic arts.

Thankfully, they all decided to dedicate their lives to music, instead of their impressive professions.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    As of 2018, Eric Clapton is the only artist to have been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three times - once as a member of the Yardbirds (1992), another as a member of Cream (1993) and finally as a solo artist in 2000.

RedVee, FilterFunk, MonetBass and 2 others like this.
  8. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Warren Entner was a singer, songwriter, organist, and guitarist for The Grass Roots from 1967 - 1974 playing on numerous hit songs. After departing from The Grass Roots, Entner went behind the scenes of the music business and became a successful manager. Owning his own firm Warren Entner Management, Entner managed a number of successful hard rock artists including Angel, Quiet Riot, Faith No More, Rage Against The Machine, Deftones, and others.

GregC, FilterFunk and MonetBass like this.
  9. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    At the first Grammy Awards, held on 4 May 1959, Domenico Modugno beat out Frank Sinatra and Peggy Lee for the Record of the Year, with “Nel Blu Dipinto Di Blu (Volare)”.