1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Unusual Rock Trivia?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Aberdumbie, Mar 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Kubicki Fan

Kubicki Fan

Oct 3, 2014
    Canada
    I don't care for the way he sings that song, I have this in my head, and it is the standard to which all is measured:

Fishheadjoe, Novarocker and MonetBass like this.
  2. seilerbird

seilerbird

Apr 12, 2012
    In 1965 I was a teenager living in Oxnard California which is about 50 miles north of Los Angeles. There was a dance in Thousand Oaks and the TO Recreation Center and I attended. They had an LA DJ spinning the hits and I was having a ball. At one point I went into the restroom to take a leak. I was standing there at the urinal and in the urinal next to me was a really short guy taking a leak. He broke the silence and said something to me (I forget what it was he said) and I flipped out. I recognized Casey Kasem immediately, not by sight but by sound.

Novarocker, RedVee and MonetBass like this.
  3. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Very cool! Did you make a long distance dedication? :D

Novarocker and steamthief like this.
  4. seilerbird

seilerbird

Apr 12, 2012
    Nope, this was long before American Top 40. He was a local DJ on KRLA and I rarely listened to him because KRLA was mainly static when I lived.

5. seilerbird

seilerbird

Apr 12, 2012
    During the 80s I was a construction electrician working in Simi Valley California. There was a carpenter on the job that was Belinda's father. Belinda was dating Mike Marshall, the Dodger's right fielder at the time. I mentioned to her dad that it must be cool having a Dodger dating his daughter. He looked at me like I was a disease and said 'I hate the SOB'. End of discussion.

6. seilerbird

seilerbird

Apr 12, 2012
    In 1974 I went to see George Harrison's Dark Horse tour when it stopped at the Long Beach Arena. When the encore began I decided to try and get back stage to visit with George. I managed to get backstage as the last song ended and I wandered around looking for George but did not see him. I did find a back door and walked out of it expecting to go home. As I stepped out the back door a motorhome drove past me and in the back I could see George standing there without a shirt on changing his shirt. And at that very moment a long black limousine pulled up and stopped right in front of me. The back window rolled down and Billy Preston was sitting there. He stuck his hand out and said a few words to me. In 1998 Billy played a free show at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk and signed autographs between his two sets. I bought a copy of his CD and got him to autograph it. I told him we had met 25 years earlier and asked him if he remembered me, he said he did not. I said well my hair was longer then. He said his hair was longer too back then. We both laughed.

Novarocker, GregC and MonetBass like this.
  7. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    The band Death Cab For Cutie took their name from the song "Death Cab For Cutie" by the group The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.

8. Kubicki Fan

Kubicki Fan

Oct 3, 2014
    Canada
    I am happy that I managed to live long enough that this not trivia to me.

Novarocker and rollie 55 like this.
  9. oldrocker

oldrocker

Feb 13, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Yes, I believe it was Jack playing bass on this song. I have read other interviews with jack with him talking about playing this song.

I do agree that there was probably not a formal writing session, just 3 guys jamming so writing credits were attributed to all 3.

Novarocker likes this.
  10. Some Kiss stuff not yet in here I don't think...
    Original band members names;

Paul Stanley - Stanley Bert Eisen
    Gene Simmons - Chaim Weitz
    Ace Frehley - Paul Daniel Frehley
    Peter Criss - Peter John Criscoula
    Eric Carr - Paul Charles Caravello
    Vinnie Vincent - Vincent John Cusano
    Mark St. John - Mark Leslie Norton
    Bruce Kulick - Bruce Howard Kulick
    Eric Singer - Eric Doyle Mensinger
    Thommy Thayer - Thomas Cunningham Thayer

Richland123, MonetBass and Novarocker like this.
  11. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Deep Purple drummer Ian Anderson Paice and Jethro Tull's Ian Scott Anderson share similar names.

MonetBass, Novarocker and rollie 55 like this.
  12. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes in "The Walking Dead") is the son-in-law of Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson.
    496ade24d0e8b1916b5db072463d4100.

Bob_Ross, GregC, jcburn and 5 others like this.
  13. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009

On the latest episode of AMC TV Show Ride With Norman Reedus, Norman Reedus and Jeffrey Dean Morgan take in the sights and sounds of London then roam mystic landscapes to meet up with Andrew Lincoln and Ian Anderson.

Latest Full Episodes of Ride With Norman Reedus Online - AMC

Novarocker likes this.
  14. MonetBass

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    We started recording that show, and we saw that episode. I love that Andy didn't know how to ride or shift the bike. (Not that I'd be much better, mind you...)

Novarocker likes this.
  15. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Tony’s Burrows did something that’s still unprecedented. He performed 4 times with 2 different bands on the same episodes of the British music show "Top Of The Pops" All the bands were actually studio act creations that Tony sang lead on their songs at the time. Burrows was a singer on several hit songs under different band names.

Appearing alongside Edison Lighthouse on the shows were Brotherhood of Man (1-29-70 and 2-19-70) and White Plains (2-12-70 and 2-26-70).

He also recorded and had hits with The Ivy League, The Flowerpot Men, The Pipkins, The First Class, many other acts as well as solo work.

Novarocker, steamthief and MonetBass like this.
  16. MonetBass

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    Barry Manilow's chart-topping hit "I Write The Songs" was actually written by the Beach Boys sideman Bruce Johnston.

17. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Daryl Hall used to do song writing and session work in the late 1960s and early 1970s and was loosely associated with TSOP, which was the house band at Sigma Sound which made all those Philly records. He was on what he called the B-team. If they needed an extra keyboard player or background singer, they would call him up. He was just sort of a hanger outer in that scene and was a kid was still going to school. In the midst of it, he worked with The Stylistics, The Delfonics, Three Degrees, Jerry Butler, and others.

He played keyboards on a record by a group called The Electric Indian, which was just a studio project. An album was released and had two singles, "Keem-O-Sabe" and "Land Of A Thousand Dances". "Keem-O-Sabe" was a big hit in 1969 and reached the U.S. Top 20. It also made #6 on Billboard's Easy Listening survey, and crossed to the R&B chart. In Canada, the song reached #19.

Many of the tracks were recorded at Philadelphia-based Sigma Sound Studio with many of the musicians later becoming members of the studio's notable in-house group, MFSB.

18. FZ produced this album. He sings and plays on it to under a pseudo name. Stucco Homes.
    I have liked this since it came out. 1979

Novarocker and MonetBass like this.
  19. rollie 55

rollie 55

Oct 1, 2018
    lost in space
    a frend of mine who was on tour with his band. hall and oats where on the same tour all he said to me about them was one word WAN%&*S :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

20. 11E674B8-00BF-4462-8BD7-9C8999A35151.