1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vintage Modified Telecaster® Bass Special

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheGreatSealof, Oct 13, 2013.

1. TheGreatSealof

TheGreatSealof Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Deptford, NJ
    I have posted this several times with my review. Alas, no responses.

I would greatly appreciate any reviews.

2. ggoat!!!

ggoat!!! Banned

Apr 6, 2008
    Lousy-Anna
    What are you talking about?

3. bkbirge

bkbirge

Jun 25, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Steak n Shake
    My review:
    I find your post short and to the point yet full of many unclear layers like the old onion in my 'fridge.

4. The 1997 Chardonnay from Chateau Bogart blends caramelized oyster undertones with a uplifting spearmint aftertaste.

5. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2009
    So Cal
  6. TGLbass

TGLbass

Aug 20, 2010
    I think it is better to Rock than to strike an Eagle Spear Moon.

A Telecaster bass is not for everyone.

7. ggoat!!!

ggoat!!! Banned

Apr 6, 2008
    Lousy-Anna
    I'm sure they are built well with nearly expert finishes (as most Squiers nowadays exhibit) but I'll be damned if that ain't one fugly beast of a bass.

8. Disagree 100%. I think it's quite nice looking.

9. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the winged monkeys show up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    I dig it.

10. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    The 2011 VinBon had the finish of wet cardboard. So we ate the box it came in with a chase of east coast tap water.

11. Dave Curran

Dave Curran Lilduke

Jul 27, 2013
    NEPA
    Love it. Fit/finish was perfect, good hardware. nice old p-bass sounding pickup. 32" scale 0 neck dive, nice neck not too fat/narrow. I have chromes on it now, action is 4/64 - 3/64 .012 relief in neck. Only thing I've done is file the nut as the slots were a little too high and the chromes were tight in the slots and I didn't want to crack it. Oh it's the lightest fender 4 string I've played.

Attached Files:

12. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    Hmmm.... looks like a tele body with a bass neck. Mr F never made those. I think it looks silly.

13. Head's too small.

14. Its a very nice, well built bass and looks really great up close. Fit and finish was great. My only complaint was the weight on mine was a couple ounces shy of 11 lbs, way more than I want to play for any length of time. Others may not mind. The weight can vary quite a bit. I've seen them listed with weight as low as 9lbs 5 oz. There was an earlier thread talking about this bass. If you look around i'm sure you'll find it. Several people had this bass and liked it a lot. I've tried a couple other Squier VM basses and they were really nice. The quality to price ratio is outstanding.

15. GBassNorth

GBassNorth

Dec 23, 2006
    SoCal
    I have one. Like it. What do you want to know that wasn't already posted on previous threads?

16. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    What does yours weigh? Others complain it's over 10lbs.
    How's that 3-switch--what it do?

17. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    It's like an ASAT except hideous. How about no. Not my cup of tea at all. If you want one, more power to ya, but for me? No thanks.

18. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the winged monkeys show up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for taking the time to read this thread, and making your comments!