1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Vox T-25 Bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steamboat Willy, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Steamboat Willy

Steamboat Willy

Mar 2, 2009
    One of these has come up for sale and i'm interested in it but its about two hundred miles away so I can't easily drive over to check it out.

Does anyone have any experience of these?

I'm just getting back into bass after a long absence and want a good practise amp with vintage tones. The AC30 is the best amp I've ever owned for six string guitar so I'm hoping this will be a good equivalent for bass. I know it's solid state rather than valve but it's got the looks for me so I'm hoping its got the sounds as well

2. Steamboat Willy

Steamboat Willy

Mar 2, 2009
    anybody?

3. tallboybass

tallboybass Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2003
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    I played through one at a music store once and was very impressed with the warm, fat tone. Not sure if it would be loud enough for a band situation though.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Never played one but I've yet to play a single 10" cab that I liked. They just don't have a lot of oomph. The head may be great in it, but single 10"s just don't get the job done with the low end enough for my tastes. For practice maybe that's not important, though. Still, I'd probably pass on the drive and look for something closer. For what you'd spend on the drive, you could save that money and buy something closer to you that's a little beefier.

5. it's a practice/bedroom amp not a gigging amp.

Paul

6. mav

mav

Jun 10, 2003
    I have one.
    It's a pretty cool practice amp, good tone and the bassilator is a bass boost. It's loud enough for a small cafe gig.
    It's a practice amp not a giging amp.
    Sounds good with guitar plugged in too!
    HC has some reviews.

7. DWLANG

DWLANG Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2013
    Bartlett, IL
    I had one a few years back, with a really nice dust cover that had the "Vox" logo stitched on gold thread. Sadly, I traded it in. Wish I would have kept it as a practice amp or for small coffee house gigs. It looked great w/ my Höfner basses...and sounded pretty good too

8. Made from 2000 to 2002, so it's at least 13 years old. Listed for $275 (MSRP) or around $200 street. Looks suitable for practice and maybe small acoustic gigs. That 200 mile drive will cost (gas) nearly as much as that amp is worth used. The shipping cost could be as much as the amp. OTOH, if its what you want, make the drive, and plan something special for the trip.

9. Wow! Yet another six year old Zombie thread!! :(

@AstroSonic betcha didn't look at the OP date! I didn't either. :rollno:

10. BTW Steamboat Willy last logged in on March 18 2009.

11. Got to watch for those zombie threads!