Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Warmoth Gecko Puzzle

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny Fila, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Johnny Fila

Johnny Fila Formerly "The Crusader"

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    OK........I just picked up an unrouted Warmoth Gecko body. I want this bass to be a 4 string, however, as most of you know, the Geckos are only 5 string and Warmoth won't make me a 4 string neck to fit the body (the necks have a tongue extension due to the angle of where the body meets the neck. Henceforth, I can't just pop a neck in).
    Does any body know anyone who will make me this special neck? or does anyone know of a neck like a Brubaker that I can purchase somewhere?
    Thanks for the help.

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    If it's unrouted, does that mean that it doesn't have a neck pocket cut out yet or what?

3. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Here's what you do... have them build you a narrow slim profile 5 neck, but just order a paddle head... so you can design your own tuner configuration...

4. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    Yes

5. Johnny Fila

Nov 21, 2004
    Elmont, NY (near NYC)
    I thought the same thing, just without pegholes drilled. Thats a little wide though no? Its still gonna be 2 7/8 at the 24th fret.