Warmoth

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by khedspeth, Feb 3, 2009.

1. I just visited Warmoth, they have a new website and what appears to be a price increase. I can't recall exactly but it seems all the bodies are more expensive than just a few days ago. Is it just my memory or did they increase prices?

2. I don't think prices went up, but then again I only checked a few bodies.

And for the record, I think the old site was better, and took way less time to load. :rollno:

3. just did a look at the google cache'd pages and on the P-Bass and G4 the mahogany bodies both went up by $25. Walnut is up by $40.

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Yes, their body prices increased. Now they're more expensive than USA Customs.

5. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    Wow I just noticed this. Get this, a Maple/Brazilian Rosewood neck used to be $203, but is now $280. There goes my plans for a new Maple/Brazilian Rosewood neck...:crying::crying: I guess I will just get a Maple/Indian Rosewood neck.

6. Mushroo

Mushroo Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Massachusetts, USA
    Probably the price increase is to cover the cost of redesigning the website. :)

7. i know, i almost ordered a mahogany/walnut G4 body last week. With the new prices, i may have to rethink. For the record, i don't like the new website either.

8. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Inactive Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Very small price increase - I recently spec'ed out a bass build using a Warmoth bodies (recently as in 2 weeks ago) - Swamp ash dinky J body is up by $5 whole bux... Birdseye maple neck up $10... I have live with that.

Web site looks better, though. MUCH better in the body paint section - yow, makes me want to buy one! (isn't that the point?)

9. The maple precision body I have been eyeing jumped up from 165.00 to 205.00.

10. yow, their prices have gone up! boy i'm glad i ordered my wenge/brazil neck a couple weeks ago... the price has gone up by almost a hundred bucks!!

i wonder if the showcase bodies also became more expensive.. i had my eye on one of them.......

[EDIT] nope they haven't.. or at least not the one i want

11. poppinsmac

poppinsmac

Aug 10, 2007
    Yepp, prices went up - this has been much talked about on the Warmoth forms for a while now.
    Us bassists are lucky, we got off easy - some LP guitar bodies went up quite a bit.

In other news, I hate the new site design.

12. topcat2069

topcat2069

Dec 2, 2007
    Palm Springs
    Zonds!!!.... I'm glad I pulled the trigger on my Swamp Ash and Quilt Maple G-5 body and my Rock Maple and Rosewood Bound and Blocked G-5 Neck !! btw I've reiceved them both and they look and feel GREAT !!!:hyper:

13. madisqbu

madisqbu

Oct 2, 2006
    Estonia
    but from now on, I'm not putting any warmoth together, no point - price is the same as sadowsky

14. Nidan

Nidan

Oct 31, 2008
    Duluth , Ga
    I ordered mine a couple of months ago Koa top/Mahagony G4 for $200

There are still a few good ones with reduced prices in the showcase.

Per one of the guys who works there on the Warmoth forum , these are the first increases for bodies and necks for 3-5 years.

15. I want your Koa top/Mahagony G4 !!!!

16. WarThumb

WarThumb

Dec 13, 2005
    Norway
    Oh my.. The Norwegian krone fell from 5kr/$ to 7kr/$, and now this.. My Gecko 6 fretless project price has gone up by 63% in a few months!

17. yeah the new website sucks, that black and weird lettering is quite unpleasant to my eyes. And on top of that they lost my account information, I can't log in at all. Another victim of the marketing department.
    I did not see the prices go up in the showcase, where I buy most of my stuff anyway.

18. well hope I did not come out too harsh, just disappointed in the website design. Still love Warmoth and their customer service has been nothing but good to me :smug:

19. Agreed that the new website design isn't so good. It makes everything look cheap and cheesy. The old website had more of a nice, here's some handcrafted stuff vibe.

20. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    <grin> OK, I guess I'll weigh in with a few comments here.

- The new site is the (visible) beginning of a number of major advancements at Warmoth. It is still a work in progress, with new features on their way. Please bear with us as this was just the first step. My personal thanks for your patience.

- Some folks don't like the new look, but we've received equally as many positive comments. Some absolutely gushing. The overall site structure is still there though. This should help mitigate the shock for some.

- Yes, pricing went up. We don't take annual increases every calendar year as is common in this industry. As has already been noted, most products have not seen increases for 3 years and some products not for 5 years. In that time, material and labor have gone up consistently. It ultimately became necessary to raise prices. Products with greater labor and material costs went up more, other products less.

FYI, you can see additional new site info at: http://www.warmoth.com/Pages/webfaq.aspx

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021