1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What is your favorite pedal on your board and why?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mplsgetscold, Oct 22, 2013.

1. mplsgetscold

mplsgetscold

Jul 9, 2012
    Basically I'm looking to expand my pedal board and I thought this would be the best way to get peoples opinions.

My favorite pedal on my board is my Fulltone OCD overdrive. It's the perfect amount of drive to add a bit if crunch, especially if you have a SS amp, and it doesn't lose any low end. I have the tone knob turned to about 2 o'clock.

So, what is your favorite and why? Any type of pedal.

2. Titania

Titania

Aug 17, 2012
    Shirley, MA
    My current favorite is my Pigtronix Disnortion. Overdrive, Fuzz and Octave in a single pedal. Every single one VERY useful and separately switchable. No low end loss, despite the fact that it's not a bass pedal. :)

3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Tuner. Because it is the only pedal I feel is a must have for live performance.

4. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    My favorite is my Fodera Model 2011 it makes everything sound much better it's the only pedal I couldn't live without.

5. My favorite is my Fuzzrocious Rat Tail. When I got it, I was on a quest for my perfect distortion sound, and it worked exactly as I wanted. Its the only time the sound in my head came out of the speakers. I used to never turn it off, my new band is a bit mellower, so it gets punched in and out as need be. I smile whenever its on.

6. I am Soma

I am Soma Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2013
    MN
    Darkglass B7K. Definitely not a plug and play pedal, but after a few hours its freaking amazing!

7. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    I like envelope filters, fun on their own, and a crucial part of a synth chain of fx. Currently I have a source audio BEF, subdecay Prometheus, DOD FX 25B, 3Leaf GR. and a Guyatone Ultron. All different and wonderful

8. Probably my Rusty Box... I use it mostly as a pre/boost for my Buster 200 and it has become a foundation for my sound.

9. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I have other pedals that are more fun, but my Fulltone Bass Drive is the one that stays on all the time. If we're deciding by hours of use and priority, it beats everything.

10. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    My AnalogMan Bi-Comp. It changes the dynamics of live performance in just the right way.

11. Runlikegregg

Runlikegregg

Dec 31, 2011
    Brooklyn
    catalinbread SFT.
    nice wooly overdrive that's responsive to touch. (i have it set pretty light)

12. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    Right now I'd say my Dr. Scientist The Elements...super versatile dirt that goes from totally clean EQ to balls to the wall distortion. I mainly use it as a mild overdrive/boost though.

13. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    B7K. Pretty much always on. My "THEMS ARE MUH TOANZ" pedal.

14. ovNomis

ovNomis

Apr 3, 2013
    A'pen Belgium
    For practice (covers from oldies, Motown, Dub, Funk, ...) My Behringer Bass BDI-21 because it has lot's of knobs that can be adjusted for imitating lot's of deep bass sounds. But it really lacks a Mid knob for live use and it looks like a cheap asian car.

Fleebag likes this.
  15. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph !! Supporting Member

PBDDI. Lots of tones, even dirt if I wanna, DI... If it served cold beer it would be absolutely perfect !

16. necropain

necropain

Aug 21, 2012
    boss space echo for me best delay i have ever used

17. Bassist4Eris

Bassist4Eris Frat-Pack Sympathizer

+1. I use the EHX Enigma Q-Balls.

18. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'd have to say my B7K right away because it gets me to where I want to be tone wise. If I didn't have that pedal, it would be hard but I LOVE my ol' DOD digital delay. Actually all my delay pedals rule. I just love delay. A lot. If I didn't have those then I'd probably say the VMT. It's so hard to pick just one! Haha

19. This:

IMG_4626.

Because it is friggin' awesome.

20. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    I'd have to say, Myco Three. Best, fattest overdrive I've tried! None come close.