Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Other Forums Do We Participate In?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Ike Harris, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    During this slowest of months, I find myself wasting untold amounts of time at the computer, and came upon a comment today by someone who said he, like myself, also takes part in 3 other forums such as this. I wonder, out of curiosity, what other forums talkbassers use other than this one, which is chock full of great advice, humor, and questions asked and answered by a wide range of players and other interested parties.

I'll go first: I also check in with Tubenet(tuba toters), trombone.org, and brickboard.com(Volvo=brick). I have several other interests but I can't imagine going to a board for every one of them, I do try and have a life too. I'm interested in what you guys check out, I might take a gander at some myself.

Ike

2. John Sprague

John Sprague Sam Shen's US Distributor

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Sales Manager, CSC Products Inc.
  3. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    MIMF (The Musical Instrument Makers Forum). That's about it.

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Sadly, the only other forum I can stand is pickuptruck.com. I have to say I have saved myself $100s reading there. Just last week, after an hour of searching, I replaced the sending unit in the truck myself for $200.

The lowest repair bid I got was $750.

5. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
  6. Monte

Monte

Jan 9, 2001
    New Albany, MS
    I visit Ratebeer.com forums often, and BamaBoard during football season.

When I have a day job, checking things on them sort of goes by the wayside.

Monte

7. bluemonk

bluemonk

Dec 17, 2002
    Michigan
    Mine tend to be music oriented:

fenderforum.com
    line6.com

8. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    I spend a ton of time over at the Dudepit...lotsa fun folks over there. I'm a daily surfer of most of the gear classifieds sites as well.

9. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I have recently been getting into the homerecording.com forum. Lots of cool people there.
    I have also messed around on a couple of other forums like Harmonycentral's recording forum and the bass forum there but they move kinda slow.
    There is no place like TB. Of any forum that I have been on I can honestly say this place feels like home.

10. Nice to see a fellow archer on the DB forum. :hyper:

I jump between 3 or 4 expensive hobbies. Dirtbike racing, hunting (archery), and music. Whichever one I land on, I go full out-till i'm burnt' out. Then I jump and start the circle again. Unfortunately, I havnt been that interested in the DB lately...but...deer season is finally going to end this weekend. Time to get on with my life and get back in shape for racing season. Also just found out that my main clubbing band is getting back together. :eek: ....did I mention that the 05 bows are hitting the stores... :bag: I'm a mess.:rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno:

11. John Sprague

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Funny how the rest of your life comes to a stand-still when it's whitetail time ain't it? I hope you had a good season Mr. Farmerdude! Monte here hunts 'em also, I think we're it for TB.

12. I shot at a 150" buck at 30 yards and missed. :crying: Ended up with a nice 120s and a 140s.

What kind of bow are ya shootn'...uh playin...,yea I mean shootn?

[​IMG]

13. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    That used to be me, too, ex-cheesehead that I am. I think all Wisconsinites are born with a deer tag pinned to their backs (ouch). That seems like a million years ago now, but I used to get the fever just like everyone else. Fishing was the real biggie for me, though.

14. Contra|Brett|

Contra|Brett|

Oct 6, 2004

15. Nope. I am also a hunter/gatherer. Deer and ducks mainly but I have recently started chasing turkeys-more addictive than dope and almost as addictive as the big fiddle.

16. John Sprague

Mar 10, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    The hunters are coming out of the woodwork!
    Nice bucks Farmer, I'm envious! I'm shooting nothing special, a golden eagle evolution, which is a single cam split limb jobby, at 66#. It's performing real nice though. Bows are like basses, it's all in the setup/tuning. It sounds like you have your eye on something new, what are you looking at?

Steve, we have a month-long spring turkey season coming up in May, and the boss and I are thinking of taking up gobbler hunting with the bow. Is there a shortlist of must-haves and must-learns that you would recommend to get us up to speed?

17. mje

mje

Aug 1, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I host a non-profit web site and forum for my favorite outdoor activity- paddling folding kayaks:

http://foldingkayaks.org