1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Which One?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kbaxter26, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Got a choice between two I love equally. 1992 Fender Jazz Bass Plus or 1990's Geddy Lee Jazz. Opinions? Both same price!!!

Attached Files:

2. Freaky_Styley

Freaky_Styley

Jun 8, 2014
    Geddy Lee seems more beautiful in my opinion. It has that classical jazz bass body and also it has a pickguard so you can change it and modify it if you want to.

3. Jefff

Jefff

Aug 14, 2013
    Chicago
    Block inlays are a deal breaker for me.

4. Osztertag2112

Osztertag2112

Jan 27, 2013
    Geddy all the way! All in all a great bass

5. Id get the Geddy. As a side note the block "inlays" arent actually inlays. They are painted on "markers".

6. LowEZ

LowEZ Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Central NJ
    Black block markers are a deal breaker for me. To me they cheapen the look of the bass. The Jazz Plus has a cool 90's vibe and you will probably be the only one on your block with one.

7. Picked up the "Geddy Lee" today. Not really a GL though, its an American Standard with a GL looking neck. These inlays are NOT painted. They are real inlays. A little tweekibg if the set up and BANG she us perfect!!!!

Attached Files:

8. OldDirtyBassist

OldDirtyBassist

Mar 13, 2014
    The Plus Deluxe basses were built like tanks, and had a bunch of great tones to pick and choose from. That's the one I'd pick, especially with the beautiful burst finish. This was Fender's high end era. You lucky guy!

Wait till you hear the passive settings...

9. Hey, anyone who wants the Plus, I still have it on layaway $550 plus shipping and it's yours!!!