1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worship Bass Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cshanks5, Dec 2, 2011.

1. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Nice cable! I need to get one of those.

2. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    Thanks! PM me to let me know what you are looking for.

The Diaper Geni likes this.
  3. fishsome

fishsome

Dec 17, 2003
    Chicagoland Area
    So I tried something new today for worship. I used my laptop and the neural DSP darkglass suite. I play an Alleva LG 5 string and went into my scarlet solo interface into the plugin then out the interface to my noble then to front of house. This was uncharted territory for me (I tested everything at Thursday’s rehearsal) and I have to say it turned out great! Well, from what I could hear in my ears and some of the feedback from the sound guys/other musicians. The ease of use in the program is super simple. I think I’m going to continue to use it as my main rig and next I’ll test the parallax DSP. I also included a pic of my normal rig and I will say the only thing I’d want is the tuner in front of my signal chain going the laptop route. The gate inside of the program was amazing and kept me quite when I wasn’t playing.

Anyone else out there use something similar? It’s new ground so any tips you all might have? I have one, make sure your notifications are muted.

Attached Files:

johnyrocksville and JackMinion like this.
  4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I debated a set up like this. Run my bass and synth via MainStage on a MacBook. I was close, and maybe for “studio” I might, but I ended up getting a Yamaha MODX6 for my synth needs and keeping the REDDI as my DI.
    My keyboard guy uses MainStGe and it’s awesome. I guess I’m just not ready to take that leap, and I have my custom cabling from Dave all set for a synth/bass DI and wired IEM’s so....

fishsome and ExaltBass like this.
  5. LaklandLaksNADA

LaklandLaksNADA Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    I have stuff in the mail still...but this is looking like the final product for now :bassist:

the EQD represents a plumes
    Screenshot_20210221-085653_PedalboardPlanner.jpg

MascisMan and ExaltBass like this.
  6. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    My Post Recovery board!
    35DAEFA8-3760-40DF-94D8-AB198F794036.jpeg

Logic_11, ExaltBass, dwagner and 5 others like this.
  7. johnyrocksville

johnyrocksville

Feb 22, 2020
    Forgot to take a picture at church, but here is my board that I used today. I am loving the sounds that I can get. I have been getting compliments from the sound guy and WL on my tone. E799013D-30B2-48E2-A88A-1BF1058D21D9.jpeg

8. yobtaf

yobtaf

Nov 29, 2012
    SoCal
    My first time back in 50 weeks. Main campus. Saturday live streaming and Sunday 9 & 11am live service. God is good. 6A6DBBDB-DE75-49B9-BE03-47B7B16055EA.jpeg

9. Bassworship1

Bassworship1 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    This was my setup for tonight. I’ve never had better tone.
    1596EBE4-12CB-4A95-BC61-7D72BEF7D060.jpeg 773EB2EE-ED5A-4E58-8015-4D6A019450F4.jpeg

10. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    A5158CCB-2A1A-4EBC-A766-59DCBC99A004.jpeg

gzarruk, BrentSimons, tedsalt and 9 others like this.
  11. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    And my requisite shoes/bass/pedalboard shot from this morning:

20210221_095435.jpg

gzarruk, BrentSimons, tedsalt and 9 others like this.
  12. Rayjay

Rayjay If that’s even my real name..

Sep 27, 2014
    Lahaina, Maui, HI
    Shoes, Bass, Pedalboard.

It’s our version of Wallet, Keys, Phone.

13. Logic_11

Logic_11

Nov 22, 2015
    Atlantic Ocean
    Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 11.51.09 PM.png

14. Logic_11

Logic_11

Nov 22, 2015
    Atlantic Ocean
    I like your bass, what year is it?

MascisMan and ExaltBass like this.
  15. Nery Perdomo

Nery Perdomo

Feb 9, 2020
    This is my current set up. But looking to upgrade. Any suggestions for a new preamp and compressor? My cheap DI box went out yesterday so I’m in the market for one too. Also, it was recommended that I add a hpf so any recommendations for that would be awesome as well. 69566480-6122-4A06-9A08-32DFB7EFBA83.jpeg

16. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Thanks! It is a 2020

17. jacoby75

jacoby75 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    You're really asking for it, here. It's really fun spending other people's money. So here we go!

As for preamps, the world is your oyster. If you want clean, there are some good . . . but boring . . . options. If you want lovely tube warmth the likes of which will shatter windows at your church, get a Broughton SSDI. You'll be done upgrading your preamp . . . forever. It's expensive, but totally worth it.

As for compressor, I never realized how personal of a choice it can be until I spent some time in the "testing compressors" thread and tried a few different kinds for myself. But there really are differences between different types of compressors (optical, VCA, etc), and it really depends on what you want out of your compressor and how much you're willing to spend. If you like the MXR bass comp, it's a good one. It's good enough for Marcus Miller at least. But if you want to add some color to your comp, pick up an optical compressor. The Doc Lloyd Photon Death Ray is my favorite thus far for optical (at least semi-affordable optical). Or something like the CaliCB adds a little bit of color and works absolutely fantastically. My current favorite is the Empress Bass Comp, which doesn't add color unless you flip the "colour" switch, and is an awesome, versatile comp. There are a lot of great options out there for compressors these days. Hit the "testing compressors" thread for more than you'd ever want to know about compressors.

As for HPF, Broughton is the HPF king. And it really does make a huge difference. By cutting the uber deep sub lows from your signal, you can actually get more perceived low end out of your signal, and it makes your amp more efficient. I can't recommend that highly enough. Either just a HPF or his HPF/LPF.

For DI's, the SSDI has a DI out on it. But some awesome, realatively affordable stand alone ones are the Telefunken TDP, Lightning Boy, or Neve RNDI. Or there's the every-faithful Radial JDI. There's also a DI thread around here, I'm sure.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021 at 8:51 AM
  18. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I have to unsubscribe from this thread. I am totally fine with my "pedal board" and everyone loves my sound. I can't put my DI (REDDI) on a board anyway.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021 at 11:07 AM
    Dave Hill, furym and the baint like this.
  19. WhoopingHonky

WhoopingHonky

Jun 8, 2019
    If you like clean, the Tech 21 Q\Strip has a 4 band EQ with 2 sweepable mids, LPF, HPF, and a DI. I've been using the Seymour Duncan Studio Bass with no complaints.

20. GitmoMango

GitmoMango Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Anyone running an HX Stomp? I’ve got one on the way and I was looking for some tips.

MascisMan likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021