1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worship Bass Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cshanks5, Dec 2, 2011.

1. MascisMan

MascisMan Supporting Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I have a set of custom molded Alclair CMVKs. Best investment in gear I have ever made.

2. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    For me it goes in cycles. I'm in a less is more cycle right now. At the moment, I really like the sound of basses just plugged in straight. I'm playing:

TC Polytune - SFX Thumpinator - Broughton LPF - Becos Comp - Out to my Amp.

kevk, SteveC and MascisMan like this.
  3. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Yep, I'm currently:

Tuner --> REDDI --> FOH/IEM

I think for church this is all I need.
    My effects debate happens more for my cover band.

Wfrance3 likes this.
  4. theduke1

theduke1 Supporting Member

Dec 22, 2010
    Manitowoc WI
    On my pedal board the only effect is a Zoom CDR, which is set to a smooth jazz delay
    I play fretless in church, but only use it when needed like when we have no drums.
    So I would say I play straight up most of the time
    I have never been an effects guy, guess I’m old school
    Duke 4F0CB675-AA78-4126-A19D-32E20AF757F5.jpeg

5. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    So if I can get past the menu/programming part, an HX Stomp, tuner, and Rolls would fit on my Nano. I just need to set a couple presets for songs with chorus, filter, and drive. Have a default with an always on compressor and bam.

furym and GitmoMango like this.
  6. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Using HX Edit makes it a lot easier and faster.

7. GitmoMango

GitmoMango Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2019
    Why not just the tuner on the Stomp?

JKos and MascisMan like this.
  8. murmur70

murmur70 Supporting Member

May 3, 2017
    Indiana
    This is true but once you get the hang of it, creating patches on the Stomp is not bad either.

9. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Yep or if you are wanting the 3 button for stomp/snapshots, a 2"x2" MIDI Baby would work great to trigger the tuner (and 2 other functions)

10. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Agreed. But I think HX Edit makes it easier to see and learn all the options and settings. Once you know they are there, adjusting them on the unit isn't too bad. I just have a feeling that, jumping right into the unit, a new user is unlikely to realize all the settings available.

murmur70 likes this.
  11. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Even simpler (non-MIDI and passive) is a simple two button footswitch plugged into Exp 1/2.

GitmoMango and MascisMan like this.
  12. Nery Perdomo

Nery Perdomo

Feb 9, 2020
    According to a few guitar playing friends it’s not as “accurate” but who knows lol

13. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I suppose I could just use the tuner on the stomp if I went that direction, but I have the space and I like the dedicated tuner option. Maybe frees up a button on the HX? Idk.

It’s still a $600 pedal for maybe 3-4 tunes a gig. I’m not in a hurry to do it, just thinking as I get a little jealous of all your fancy pedalboards.

They show up a lot used, which may or may not mean anything. Idk, I really like my simple bass to REDDI to FOH set up.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021 at 5:56 PM
    GitmoMango likes this.
  14. MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    Sure if you buy new. I see some go for as low as $450 used on Reverb.

15. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Yeah, not much on reverb right now.

16. Sonicblaze

Sonicblaze Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Brand new for $480 shipped w/ no tax at Prymaxe. I know some people hate the company, but they've never done me wrong. It's where I bought mine during a 25% off sale

Attached Files:

SteveC and furym like this.
  17. Kenneth92

Kenneth92

Aug 13, 2018
    Honestly the zoom B3N is a solid alternative, that can also double up as practice unit it does not sound as good as the hx stomp but it has a lot more friendly user interface plus drum machine. I recently spent the whole last month comparing the 2 side by side and I’m pretty happy with my B3N, also Marcus Miller has a B3N on his board so take that as you will also.

SteveC and furym like this.
  18. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I'll check it out. Thanks.

I have explored the Zoom option as well. I debated it a few years ago. Like I said, I don't use effects much so I don't want to spend too much, yet I want a bit of quality. I am running a REDDI tube DI.

19. furym

furym

Aug 31, 2014
    Carthage, NC
    I would look at the Boss Core also. It has more blocks available in the processor if needed.
    Low budget option: Zoom B3N or Boss GT-1B. I have both and prefer the Boss.
    Edit to add: Low budget but not low quality if you spend some time with it to figure it out on either of them.

20. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    It's gotta fit on a Nano with my Tuner and Rolls PM50s for my IEM's. That doesn't leave much room. I can put a CIOKS power supply underneath.

ExaltBass likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021