1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Worship Bass Pedalboards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cshanks5, Dec 2, 2011.

1. murmur70

murmur70

May 3, 2017
    Indiana
    I had a Zoom B3 when I was looking at the Stomp. The way I justified it for myself was they Zoom new was ~$300 and the Stomp was $600. I did buy the Stomp and I decided that the Stomp is more than twice as good as the Zoom at least as far as quality of the effects.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
    mtb777 and furym like this.
  2. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    Yeah, and it fits on the Nano with my Rolls and Tuner. :D
    Still not sure I want to go down that road, but it's cheaper and more compact of course to go HX than individual pedals, and allows for more than one setting of each pedal which could be a thing. I did just get that Yamaha MODX6 synth so I'll probably ease off the spending for a bit and I'll probably realize that I don't really need effects as I've gotten by for years now. :meh:

mtb777 and furym like this.
  3. After almost a year and a half of tinkering, I figured it is a good time to post up an update to my pedalboard. Haven't used it in a worship setting yet but I am looking forward to that day!

20210224_090728.jpg

JackMinion, mtb777, zontar and 5 others like this.
  4. My usual setup looks more like this:

20210221_105807 (1).jpg

FunWithBass, mtb777, gzarruk and 2 others like this.
  5. Bassworship1

Bassworship1

Jun 20, 2013
    Jackson
    Man I love that Warrior. I've admired it on Instagram lol.

mtb777 and ExaltBass like this.
  6. GitmoMango

GitmoMango

Sep 5, 2019
    mtb777 likes this.
  7. Rayjay

Rayjay If that’s even my real name..

Sep 27, 2014
    Lahaina, Maui, HI
    Darkglass Hyper Luminal Comp in the mail, can’t wait to check it out! Considering getting the Backbeat as well - we have Buttkickers but our drummer only wants bass drum in his mix (no bass guitar) which is weird to me, snd we share a mix.

8. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    My church has a Buttkicker that I've used for years.... but when I got a BackBeat there was no looking back. I much prefer the feedback on my back rather than at my feet and the fact that the Backbeat moves with me meaning I don't have to stand in one approximate 3x3' radius. You can feed in your IEM mix using the audio in so you can control your mix more than with the ButKicker. I do consider the BackBeat to be a game changer. It's just more flexible.

mtb777, MascisMan, Rayjay and 2 others like this.
  9. Rayjay

Rayjay If that’s even my real name..

Sep 27, 2014
    Lahaina, Maui, HI
    Brandon Aaronson is raving about his and giving me GAS!!

mtb777 likes this.
  10. I really love it too haha. It plays great and just looks outstanding!

That is a Bassics BPA-1. A shop on Reverb was selling them for half the price (B-Stock) and I was able to grab one before they sold out.

Here is a pretty cool review that I read a while back. Also here is the Bassics website.

GitmoMango, mtb777 and Bassworship1 like this.
  11. MTN.bass72

MTN.bass72 Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Blue Ridge, Ga
    How does the Empress compare to the Cali 76cb?
    I had one of the bigger Empress way back, if memory serves me, it was very clean. I remember really liking it, but don't remember much past that, and didn't have it when I got my Cali

mtb777 likes this.
  12. ExaltBass

ExaltBass Gold Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2006
    Twin Cities, MN
    I love the LED metering on the Empress! Yes, very clean. I am quite impressed. The Cali76 CB is a killer pedal, and it has a bit of it's own sound to it. The Empress seems more neutral so far. I have only used it at church a few times so far, and had the Cali76CB since it was released. I would be happy with either one, but the metering won me over! :thumbsup:

kevk, MTN.bass72 and mtb777 like this.
  13. jacoby75

jacoby75 Supporting Member

Mar 11, 2010
    Coldwater, MI
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Guitars, DR Strings
    I love the Empress’ metering. It helps me match levels when switching basses. Very cool.

14. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    If I went to a compressor again, I think (even though the Cali gets a lot of love as does the LA-1A) I'd give the Empress a try.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    MTN.bass72 and mtb777 like this.
  15. mtb777

mtb777 Serving bottom for the Most High. Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2010
    Sunny South Florida
    Whew. Warrior is gorgeous.

just_chill likes this.
  16. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Some similarities, some differences: Testing Compressors: Cali, Smoothie, Empress, Diamond, Keeley, FEA, Darkglass, Doc Lloyd, JHS & more | Page 278 | TalkBass.com

Also worth looking at the MKII: Testing Compressors: Cali, Smoothie, Empress, Diamond, Keeley, FEA, Darkglass, Doc Lloyd, JHS & more | Page 287 | TalkBass.com

MTN.bass72 likes this.
  17. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I like that the Empress can be set to be "always on" at power up. Very cool feature. And not overly expensive. $250 isn't bad. Hmm...

ExaltBass likes this.
  18. I'm torn between the Empress and LA-1A. I really like that the Effectrode has a boost feature. I know you had an LA-1A for a while. What did you think of the boost on it? Did you find it useful?

19. Treblefree

Treblefree

Apr 8, 2016
    Yesterday - 4 songs; 4 different pedals used. A first for me. Felt a little creative.

This is Amazing Grace - Darkglass Vintage Microtubes as usual (and a pick as usual also) - Perfection for this song. I actually ran it a little higher breakup than I normally do where the audience could definitely hear the grit on it.

Chain Breaker - EHX Microsynth, full guitar, about 1/3 both octaves, square wave less than 1/8, Both filters about 75% (same), no resonance or delay. Just subtle shimmer effect on top to make the song bigger and it really worked.

Never Once - dUg pedal (DPX-3 Tech 21). Don't freak - No drive/crunch engaged only the green lights, no reds. Just used the high compression and full smoothness this pedal adds with unlimited sustain. Lot's of whole notes on this tune. Really had a nice foundation.

Made Me Glad - MXR Bass Chorus Delux with crossover engaged so when I"m playing in the higher register in some spots and some fills, it sings a little.

I really enjoyed this set.

TrevorR, MTN.bass72 and just_chill like this.
  20. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    Eastern North Dakota
    I never used the boost. I liked the LA-1A a lot. I just didn't think it was as effective after I got my REDDI. Too many tubes?? I kind of miss compression but I'm not sure yet. Everyone seems to really like my sound with just my bass and REDDI. I have debated putting my tuner, Rolls and a compressor on my Nano and using that with my REDDI.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021