1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha Club Part II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Sep 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Bb1200s

2. Korladis

Korladis Banned Supporting Member

Thanks. I've only seen them with just the P pickup. But I'm no expert on Yamahas.

I wish he hadn't sold it. It was a nice playing and sounding bass, and whether the green finish was original or not, it looked cool.

3. Pedulla-Player

Pedulla-Player Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    I'm looking for a Yamaha Motion B (preferably -II) for my 12 yr old daughter to learn bass on. If anyone has one up for sale please let me know. I see there is one on GC's website for $399, but I called on it and it sounds like it's in pretty rough shape. I don't need one in perfect condition by an means - I just don't want one that's been abused.
    Thanks,
    Craig & Brinley

4. Limited Offer Price!! YAMAHA LIMITED MBIII MADE IN JAPAN RARE MEDIUM SCALE | eBay

Pedulla-Player likes this.
  5. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
  6. Yamaha MBII Motion B | Link's Music

7. Pedulla-Player

Mar 5, 2009
    Northern Wisconsin
    That's a beauty! Thanks! I really appreciate you keeping an eye open for me. I got tired of looking a for a good Motion B-II that was reasonably priced and actually just bought a MTD Kingston Artist that arrived yesterday. I heard the Artists were pretty light and could be set up with really low action. She hasn't had a chance to try it yet, but I did and it plays surprisingly well for a $299 bass. If the Artist still doesn't fit her I just may end up keeping it for myself and resume my search for a Motion B-II around tax return time. I just couldn't get the action set as low as I wanted for her on the SR400 that I just recently sold.

8. hi folks. can you help me find out more about my new bass project.
    i got a yamaha motion mb2, but searching online there is very few similar to it, specs/colour ect
    can you guys help shed some light on this beast please. serial number shown below
    thanks.
    IMG_2540.JPG IMG_2541.JPG

9. Hi friends,

I bought this nice BBG5 a couple of months ago and have been looking up its serial to specify the date of manifacture but according to yamaha serial number chart, its either from 97 or 87. Any idea?

Info:
    BBG5 (5 string, passive with jazz pick-ups)
    S/N: NO20144
    Made in Taiwan
    Here’s a photo below.

Thanks

Attached Files:

zbigniew likes this.
  10. 8/20/1997. BBG5 wasn't around in 1987.

11. LB-2 (LB-II)
    color: SRS - see through red sunburst
    yours was made aug 3rd. year unknown.
    1990 catalog below - although this model was introduced 11/1/87 in japan
    【中古】YAMAHA MOTION BASS LB レア  の落札情報詳細| ヤフオク落札価格情報 オークフリー
    m200094498.1.
    m200094498.3.

12. Thanks a lot. I was confused because the time range of this serial number system is 1984 to 2002 (according to website https://www.yamaha.com/yamahaguitars/ElectricandBassGuitarSerialNumberSystems.pdf), I don’t know when they first made BBG5’s and no info on the web.

Anyway, great answer. Thanks again. I love that bass. I have a 2011 Fender Jazz Bass and a 2016 Maruszczyk Jake 5a which is great but this one’s really different, even though it’s way cheaper than others.

Cheers

13. Yeah it’s hard to dig up this info. I can usually tell by a yamaha’s hardware and design the general decade in which it was made.

14. hypercarrots.
    thats great. thanks for your help