1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Yamaha Club Part II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Sep 6, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ERIC31

ERIC31

Jul 1, 2002
    Maricopa, AZ
    That's gorgeous! Never seen one with a single humbucker like that. =)

rtav likes this.
  2. 20140803_000537.
    Theres my Trbx 305. I love that thing.

3. Midas

Midas

Sep 7, 2007
    Germany
    Endorsed by LeFay basses Notable Members Current Visitors Recent Activity New Profile Posts Rules/FAQ Giveaways
    I play BBs for many years now. Recently changed the hardware of my BB1000MA from chrome to gold. Changed the sound, made it even more "dry" . My bass for recordings. That bass made it onto nearly any CD I've done.
    bbtotal.

acebase62 likes this.
  4. Justice4trance

Justice4trance

Sep 20, 2013
    Singapore
    image. Added a TRB 5ii today. Love my TRB1005J - it has just been with me for less than a month but it sounded sweet during my latest series of gigs that I decided to have another Trb ..
    The plan now is to have the TRB 5ii using roundwound. The previous owner installed Aguilar OBP 3 and runs on 18v. I will like to set up and service this new acquisition and then test it at a band practice and gig ...
    Yammies seem to be an addictive thing!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2014
    tuba_samurai likes this.
  5. Here's a relatively obscure Yammy model for yah!
    IMG_00121_zps14a6cbe8.
    IMG_00111_zps6aae9757.
    IMG_00051_zps9a50ce46.
    Picked this up the other day from Kijiji. Seller inherited the bass from his recently passed father.
    Fun little bass to play. It'll be interesting to see audience reaction (if any haha!) when I gig this thing!
    Fishheadjoe

6. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    I'm jealous. Those are difficult to get, outside of Japan. One of my two main influences played one for awhile, before settling on vintage non-reverse thunderbirds.

7. Doing a google search, the only reference I could find was Vintage 60, which didn't seem right. Looks interesting, though.

8. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    That's a Yamaha SBV. Probably the SBV-500

*it has a guitar counterpart called the SGV

9. Yah, it's a SBV500 alright! Pretty much the only reason I picked it up at the time, was indeed it's relative rarity. Once in my hands and set up properly, it's a great little bass!
    P/u's are pretty darn strong for single coils. Both p/u's on full, it has a huge J-bass tone.
    Bass is a re-issue of a 70's design, with this one built in 1990, based on serial number.
    Fishheadjoe

10. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    image. Add me to the club! I bought this bass 3 weeks ago and I love it.

rtav and tuba_samurai like this.
  11. TakisK

TakisK

May 12, 2014
    Loútsa, Greece
    Yamaha people!!!! Does anyone kbow how the trbx305's neck conpares to the rbx5A2's neck??

12. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    I can't give a straight comparison but the TRBX305 is a narrow neck compared to some 5 strings out there. It's a compound neck profile with the neck width thinner on the D-G side. It's very comfortable.

13. TakisK

TakisK

May 12, 2014
    Loútsa, Greece
    Thanks!!

14. acebase62

acebase62

Jun 29, 2010
    I posted in the BB club thread, but here it is again.

Bought it used last year, installed Dimarzio Area J 5 pickups, new 500k volume pots, .022 cap on tone pot, Jazz knobs, and D'Addario EXL 170 5 string set.

It plays well and sounds good to me, and it was a great bargain.

Attached Files:

TitaniumRx and Evangion like this.
  15. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I posted this in the RBX club, but here it is again: RBXJM2x2 - my second John Myung signature 2 bass guitar! THE TWINS!

I picked up the second one Dec 31 from ebay - got it for a mere $400 + $40 shipping. YOWZUH!

[​IMG]

16. MickyD

MickyD

Jan 10, 2015
    Australia
    My first base - still in the arsenal

Also my first post on the site!!!

Still love this thing - so versatile for a cheaper weapon and able to dial in really nice tone and detail with my Trace Elliot GP12SMX / Sovtek 4x10

The good old Yammy RBX765A

image.

17. TitaniumRx

TitaniumRx

Aug 3, 2012
    Welcome:)

Ponsonby Britt likes this.
  18. LowEndOperative

LowEndOperative ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    I had TWO of them at one time about 10 years ago. Best looking green bass ever. It'd kick with black hardware!

MickyD and TitaniumRx like this.
  19. MickyD

MickyD

Jan 10, 2015
    Australia
    Agree - the finish is superb

And with my Trace Elliot head, I have a lot of that bright green going on ha ha

Ponsonby Britt and TitaniumRx like this.
  20. jperala

jperala

Dec 1, 2008
    Finland Espoo
    TRBX504
    _img1280.

MickyD and tubatodd like this.