1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your Best 410 Cab Poll

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ryevick, May 16, 2011.

1. Acoustic B410

9 vote(s)
    1.7%
  2. Aguilar GS 410

33 vote(s)
    6.2%
  3. Ampeg SVT-410HLF

72 vote(s)
    13.6%
  4. Ampeg SVT-410HE

27 vote(s)
    5.1%
  5. Ashdown ABM 410T

8 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. Avatar B410 Neo

29 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. Bergantino 410

75 vote(s)
    14.2%
  8. Epifani 410

32 vote(s)
    6.0%
  9. Fender Bassman 410

5 vote(s)
    0.9%
  10. Gallien-Krueger 410 Neo

19 vote(s)
    3.6%
  11. Gallien-Krueger 410MBE

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  12. Gallien-Krueger 410RBH

16 vote(s)
    3.0%
  13. Genz Benz Uber 410

36 vote(s)
    6.8%
  14. Hartke AK410

5 vote(s)
    0.9%
  15. Hartke VX410 VX

2 vote(s)
    0.4%
  16. Hartke HyDrive HX410

35 vote(s)
    6.6%
  17. Markbass Standard 104 Neo

15 vote(s)
    2.8%
  18. Mesa Powerhouse 410

50 vote(s)
    9.4%
  19. SWR Goliath 410

56 vote(s)
    10.6%
  20. SWR WorkingPro 410

4 vote(s)
    0.8%
  1. ryevick

ryevick

Dec 19, 2009
    Pick the best all around 410 to use in a single cab setup.

Looking for bass that measures on the Richter scale, clean mids, highs and nice punch.

There are only 20 slots and I'm already remembering ones that I forgot to add (Eden XLT, etc) and the last slot should have been "other"... oh well...

2. I voted 410HLF, because that's the one on this list that I've used in a live setting. I personally loved the tone and would like to buy one.

IMO, IME, YMMV.

3. spaz21387

spaz21387

Feb 25, 2008
    Portland oregon
    I voted swr but when I think swr I think pre fender owned swr with those amazing pas drivers. the eminence loaded swr cabs just didnt do it for me.

10cc likes this.
  4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I use an Avatar B410Neo. I have little experience with everything else on the list. Some I haven't even touched, actually. Take this post for what it's worth...
    I love my Avatar. I love the tone and sound stage it sets up. Sure, it's not a fEarful, it's a typical 4x10. But, with that, it does what I want it to and expect it to without difficulty. It's well built, the tone is what it is (it's a 4x10 :eyebrow:), and best of all, it meets a price point that I can handle. A lot of my gigs my 4x10 either turns into a stage monitor, or most times, turns into a stand for my rack! However, this cab is still used extensively for jams, home practice etc. It's survived a lot, and hasn't complained one ounce. Also hard to beat is the weight. It's easy enough for me to pick this thing up and carry it up/down two or three flights of stairs. Overall, I love this cab, and unless my gigging situation changes to something else that this cab somehow falls short, I can't see me using anything else.
    The only thing I contemplate changing is instead of one 4x10, getting two 2x10s for a dual mono setup. That's just a pipe dream though, and the more that I think it through and play with the idea, the more I feel that the 4x10 is a better fit for me.
    I do have to say, all of the cabs on the list are good cabs though. You'll find followers of each of those with the same loyalty as I have for Avatar. I'm not sure what the point of your OP is, but if you're looking for a 4x10 for yourself, I'd have to say try all of the ones that you can, and start seeing if one stands out among the others. Some will be hard, if not impossible for you to try out, so you may end up taking a leap of faith. I did on my Avatar. But I'm glad I did.

5. babebambi

babebambi

Jan 7, 2008
    YTZ
    seriously,
    no Eden or BagEnd?

6. shadow_FIX

shadow_FIX

Feb 23, 2010
    Aguilar GS410 did it for me. Your results may vary.

7. ryevick

ryevick

Dec 19, 2009
    I should have put the last answer as "other"... oh well...

8. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    California
    I couldn't vote. No Eden xlt

9. marklaforest

marklaforest

Feb 5, 2010
    Ottawa
    Eden XLT, and I've tried many. Only drawback is that its heavier and slightly larger than most other 4x10s. But most things that sound better are!

10. ryevick

ryevick

Dec 19, 2009
    Well, I have some time before I'm going to be able to buy or test cabs so this is basically just a brain probe but mostly a product of boredom :p

11. ryevick

ryevick

Dec 19, 2009
    dang it!!! i knew i'd forget one!!! i was going to put eden in and forgot arrgh!!! :scowl:

12. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Ah, gotcha. Well, good luck once you start the hunt. Maybe you'll be lucky like me and find one you can be happy with on your 2nd try (my first try was Ashdown cabs).

13. ryevick

ryevick

Dec 19, 2009
    yep, you can't change a poll once it's posted... eden xlt was suppose to be in there for sure...

14. I'm a big fan of the Genz Benz Uber 410.

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    What's your budget? These cabs are spread across a fairly big price range. Strong preference for lighter weight or no?

Also, there's more than one Bergantino 410, although the AE410 is going away.

16. ryevick

ryevick

Dec 19, 2009
    I know there are more than one of some of the cabs that I listed... limited space so I compressed. I'm not positive on budget just yet and it will probably be flexible and of course the lighter the better but if there would be a huge difference for a few extra pounds I might consider it.

17. harleyboy

harleyboy

Jan 8, 2007
    One you didn't list...Hartke 4.5 XL!

18. I love my Ampeg 410HLF but I voted for the Genz Benz Uber 4. It's about 40 lbs lighter. That's reason enough. Both sound great however and I use them both regularly.

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Yeah, the Eden D-410XST would be up there, as would the DNA DNS-410. I really like the DNA cab. I played my Heart-Rock through one at Bass San Diego the other day, and it really kicks butt. You didn't specify which Bergantino 410, but the AE410 is real clean but, so far, lacks a little booty. It seems to be "loosening up" the more I play it, though.

Anyway, in the list you provided, I went with the Aguilar GS410.

20. Orange SP410 for me. Epi 410 comes second.