1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Your Christmas (bass) Wishlist

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trayster2, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Trayster2

Trayster2

Aug 13, 2012
    Palm Coast, FL
    It's a tough time of year- so much shopping to do yet it seems like every music store has the best sales and the biggest inventory. What is at the top of your wish list this year? I decided to "pass my GAS" & went with lessons, & a subscription to Jon Liebman's website.

Mantis Tobaggan and JimmyM like this.
  2. LowEndOperative

LowEndOperative ✓ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ Supporting Member

Oct 8, 2013
    Michigan
    Since I've gone from active to passive (not I, but the bass), a pedal preamp. Looking like next year for that.

3. rumblejunkie

rumblejunkie

Nov 19, 2011
    Falkirk
    My biggest wish (although itll never happen) would be a Dingwall or a mint condition Cort Curbow . I know they are worlds apart in price but Im not greedy lol , and to be fair any Dingwall would suffice .

Gizmot likes this.
  4. Ghastly

Ghastly

Oct 18, 2015
    Mill Valley
    5 string Gibson reverse Thunderbird, 5 string Fender surf pearl P/J P bass w/blocks on fingerboard, Original vintage '51-'52 Precision bass

P. Aaron and ColinLP like this.
  5. el_Bajo_Verde

el_Bajo_Verde

May 18, 2016
    USA
    Honestly...for the first time ever... NOTHING!

perhaps just a new hard case for my guitarron. They're very fragile instruments

Helix and MetsMan75 like this.
  6. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Not for the holidays, but I have an upcoming "milestone" birthday, which I might be able to leverage into a bass...or two. I want a G&L LB-100 and a JB-5. I'd start with the LB-100, because I miss having a straight-up P-bass with a maple fretboard. But maybe I should join an active band first!

audreycashin likes this.
  7. audreycashin

audreycashin Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    long island, ny
    You do realize you're on Talkbass :roflmao:
    Nobody needs a band to acquire basses!

8. Manichga

Manichga

Aug 13, 2013
    Australia
    Im not gassing for anything except for my husband to start a builders course to build me a bass. Its our combined xmas gift. He does the course and i get the bass - win/win. He wont start until at least february so ive got time to decide exactly what i want.

9. MetsMan75

MetsMan75 Supporting Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Same here....actually decided to massively downsize today. I'm buying a house and due to the style of it, doesn't have a crazy amount of storage for my crazy amount of basses so gives me a good reason to sell.

10. I went and got myself a Rick as a Christmas present to myself. But I GAS for more Ernie Balls. Love the quality of them!

Mertle72, monsterthompson and nixdad like this.
  11. grillman

grillman

Dec 15, 2014
    G&L Kiloton. I've been gasing on it since it was announced. Still not released where I live ....

12. Not a bass, but I picked up a Carvin BX700 amp with the Black Friday 20% off sale for $359. I'm good on basses ... for now.

Brother Goose likes this.
  13. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'm actually good. Maybe a Phil Jones briefcase under the tree......

audreycashin and nixdad like this.
  14. This is all I want for Christmas (Marta, not the bass):

15. five7

five7 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Denver
    MM stealth sterling 5

16. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I picked up a Barefaced Big Baby 2 this past Monday. Now the only thing on my wish list is a 2nd BB2.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  17. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Banned

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    My Christmas present to myself will be a new set of pickups to upgrade my main bass (a black, visually modified, Ibanez Mikro), namely a J/P set of EMG Geezer Butler, plus a new set of saddle screws, since I ruined the slots of the old screws by using a wrong sized screwdriver to adjust intonation.

Though I will most probably have to wait to just the other side of this year before my present will arrive.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2016
  18. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    This...

instrument-47-1.

... or, that...

78d22948806a25edde02b4de313541b9.

... decisions, decisions...

19. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008