1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Your favorite Roscoe?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by rob_the_bassist, Apr 16, 2006.

1. I'm completely new to Roscoe instruments, and i was wondering what are your favorite Roscoe models n setups. Preferably for a 6-string bass but it doesn't matter

2. Calling all Roscoeheads - Calling all Roscoeheads -

Gard, Bassmanbob, JPJ, James, brian, bunnybass, emjazz, joker, and all those that are too numerous to mention:

ATTACK!!!!:hyper:

3. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Ahem!!

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Well , my favorite Roscoe would be an LG3005, but for 6 strings, Id go SKB3006. Swamp ash body, flamed redwood top, birdseye maple fingerboard, demeter preamp.

5. WOW, that was the most responsive thread i've posted. thanks, keep the posts comin'!
    !

6. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Here's my favorite Roscoe.

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I thought that was funny the first five times I saw it...

8. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    Drooool....
    vo8vh3.

9. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    yeah, i never got to contribute to the other "show your roscoes" type threads though. was just trying to catch up. :D

10. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Not mine, but:

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Courtesy of Blueberry hill bass (no affiliation)

11. +1000000000
    i like the color combo of the first one better, but something about that second makes me drool even more.

12. those are all very nice basses but can you list what model they are n what are the components of the bass (pickups, wood, top wood, neck)

13. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    Wow what a nice bass!
    I really dig this one at blueberry hill bass
    [​IMG]
    And this one...
    [​IMG]
    Mine has the Demeter pre, and it definitely smokes. I don't think I have played a smoother onboard pre. It's crystal clear and the bass and treble boost/cut is very natural and smooth.

14. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan

Jan 17, 2002
    NorCal
    My skb-3006 is my favorite...until i get a couple century sigs :ninja:

Specs:
    Body = Spanish Cedar
    Neck = Maple/purpleheart/maple
    Top = Super crazy buckeye burl
    Fretboard = Spalted purple heart
    Pre-amp = Bart 18v 3-band

stairbuck.

15. wow the blue one is really nice...and that one above me! i was in the middle of typing this post and another roscoe pops up on my screen hah

16. Akito

Akito

Dec 1, 2003
    Spokane
    If you look on blueberry hill's site Jay has the basic info listed for each bass.
    Here is the description of mine. It's got bart soapbars, and I am waiting on some custom knobs from Roger at THG (thanks again Gard for the extra wood!)
    SKB 3006, 3-piece ebony top (w/sapwood), grain-enhanced swamp ash body, wenge neck stringer, ebony fingerboard, 3-band Demeter preamp, custom 12th fret inlay, diamondwood nut, black hardware

17. Ahem times 2!!

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    The one funk slap posted is an SKB3005 with a cocobolo top.

19. cuebill

cuebill

Nov 26, 2005
    Bluefield, WV

This is also my favorite type of wood top for Roscoes, highly figured Cocobolo. In fact this is what I am ordering my pair in. I'm trying not to talk too much about it in order to keep my anxiety level down, but I know Gard is probably tired of hearing me give him changes every 2-3 weeks for the past 2 months. :bag:

Just waiting until Keith gets some body wood blanks cut before I make an official post with the "obligatory picture" that we all want to see. :p

20. My favorite SKB-3006 model has been Exhibition Quilted Maple/Ash body/Wenge FB/Demeter pre. A close second has been the same specs but with a Maple FB.

Attached Files: