Zoom MS-60B Firmware Update 2.0 (June 2017)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Alib8, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Alib8

Alib8

Aug 16, 2014
    Hey everyone, I just saw this on the Zoom news page:
    Firmware Update: V2.0 for MS-60B (dated June 02, 2017)

"The MultiStomp MS-60B, Zoom’s versatile bass effects pedal has just been given a firmware update. Firmware Version 2.0 adds 84 new effects in addition to the 58 effects the MS-60B already has."

I was just trying to decide between a Zoom B1on, MS-60B and the MS-100BT when I saw these news. I was leaning on the MS-100BT as all the downloadable effects have been made free.

It seems like MS-60B is now up to date on all the newer effects that are on the Zoom B1on/MS-100BT, so there is there any reason to not prefer it with this new firmware update, in terms of available effects and sound quality?

Old list: https://www.zoom.co.jp/sites/default/files/products/downloads/pdfs/MS-60B_FX-list_English.pdf
    New fx list: https://www.zoom.co.jp/sites/default/files/products/downloads/pdfs/E_MS-60B_FX-list_v2.pdf

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. waveman

waveman

Sep 25, 2008
    Awesome! My favorite bass pedal ever! I have two of them and a MS-100BT (which I can't load other effects on because I don't have the right apple device).

3. lakefx

lakefx

Sep 14, 2012
    Eugene
    Awesome! Looking through the list, the Dual Comp and addition of dry blend to a couple of the dirt models are particularly exciting.

andruca likes this.
  4. Johno Dunn

Johno Dunn Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2007
    Carpinteria, Ca.
    YAY!!

5. BassikLee

BassikLee Commercial User

Feb 13, 2004
    Starke, FL
    Owner: JLA Custom In Ear Monitors
    Way cool!! I still use my MS60B, into a Rolls PM-351 as a mini wired ears rig. These updates are awesome

troy mcclure and MrWolf14 like this.
  6. MS-100BT freeing up all the algos is news to me. May have to finally pull the trigger on one of those... :thumbsup:

The MS-60B update makes that unit equally compelling.

Throw in the towel and get the magic trifecta of the aforementioned two and the MS-70CDR?

Hmmmm...

andruca likes this.
  7. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    Don't forget the ms-60b is mono in and the MS-100bt is stereo. If they get turned into the same boxes, the 100 wins by this hardware default. Luckily I already own both.

8. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    they updated the firmware of the MS-70CDR too.

Ricky Caboverde likes this.
  9. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    How do you use a stereo-in? I understand the concept of stereo-out for modulation, but I don't get the in...can you use it to plug two basses in or something?

10. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    No. For your bass it would make no difference. It is more for if you want to use the Zoom after an effect that has a stereo out. Say you have your own favorite stereo chorus and want to add some Reverb from the zoom. USing the MS-100bt allows you to keep the stereo image intact. It is just more of a true multieffect device.

andruca and Ricky Caboverde like this.
  11. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    I use both all the time (and a b1on) when I am recording.

12. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Awesomesauce. I really, really, really didn't expect that to happen.

Finally, a TS model. I always felt that was a huge omission in the original firmware.

andruca and Ricky Caboverde like this.
  13. Ricky Caboverde

Ricky Caboverde Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Now with compressors, octavers, 2-band parametric EQ (LPF, HPF), and synths, to say that I am elated would be an understatement :hyper:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    TheEmptyCell likes this.
  14. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    The first thing I'm going to try after the update is "The Bomber".

rdcpedals likes this.
  15. Awersumsauzages!

16. gfen

gfen

Aug 21, 2014
    lehigh valley
    stayed at a holiday inn, once...
    This was unexpected. Guess I gotta take it off the shelf and see what's new!

17. warrplayer

warrplayer

Apr 16, 2008
    Charlotte, NC

Maybe make that the last thing you try right before you die. ;)

18. DDXdesign

DDXdesign formerly 'jammadave' Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 15, 2003
    Vegas
    If you're not kidding (as in, you didn't hear about this "effect" from the B3), you're going to be sorely disappointed. =0)

OzzyGreg likes this.
  19. okcrum

okcrum in your chest

Oct 5, 2009
    Verde Valley, AZ
    RIP Dark Horse strings
    This update appears to preserve user settings, but I'd recommend a backup using Zoomlib before updating. Zoomlib 1.01 works fine with the new firmware.

LowLund likes this.
  20. telecopy

telecopy

Dec 6, 2009
    USA
    Thanks! I never think to check on updates. Big help.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2022