Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1200 Watt Mesa - Bout Time!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bridge Cables, Jan 20, 2006.

1. Bridge Cables

Bridge Cables Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    Boogie is showing a Big Block Titan V12, 1200 watts at 4 Ohms, definitely 'bout time! No pics on the site yet, I imagine they will run it in the same chassis as a Big Block. That impedance switch has me curious! ;)

BC :cool:

2. Like anybody needed a bigger, louder Mesa. Because the 400+ and Big Block, you know, couldn't get loud enough. I can't wait to see it.

3. Aaaaaaaahhh maaaaaaaaaahhhhh Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad! And just when I decided to get the Genz Benz GBE1200! Damnit!

4. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    Yeah Indi, seems like a lot of crowd likes the overhead. I'm sticking with my 600 w and 150 w tubey and that's good enough for what I'm doing. ;)

BC

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    If this ends up being a "1,200w Walkabout", I just may have to add another amp to the stable. :D

6. Bridge Cables

Mar 23, 2003
    Southern N C
    Tom, I thought that might draw you in. It will be too much overhead for the extra headroom for me. Let us know how it sounds when you get your copy! :hyper:

BC :cool:

7. I didn't mean to sound too sarcastic there, I loooooooove Mesa gear. I honestly have no idea what i would do with 1200 Mesa watts, other than scare soundguys and break windows.

8. Man, that thing would be super loud. Total overkill.

9. illidian

illidian

Jul 2, 2004
    I'm wondering how standard the impedance switch will be in the next few years. This is the second time I've heard about it, the first being with Genz-Benz's GBE1200. I think Tom needs to help us out with a clash of those two titans! :p

Who said things are moving digital? Some of us still want those big heavy-hitting watts that only large amps are able to provide.

10. Jeff A

Jeff A

Oct 22, 2005
    CT

What do you mean? Did I miss something? :)

:bassist:

11. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    now IIRC, the big block 750 has one clean channel and one overdrive channel?

The V-12 is showing an 8 button footswitch, buttons for channel A, channel B, channel A OD, channel B OD, Input A, Input B , Solo, and Mute

I hope you can have diff overdrive settings on each channel........a mild subtle grit, with a switchable badass distortion sustaino goin too......

G.A.S

12. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    It looks like its actually two BB750 preamps in one amp from the listed specs on Mesa Boogie's page.

Also, 3 rack spaces, not two.

I spoke with my regions sales rep and he said they wont be available till around May, but they will be taking orders. Thank jeeebus, otherwise Id break down and oder one today.

13. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    You would need at least an 810 @ 4-ohm to match the wattages. Now all i need is a truck.

14. SnoMan

SnoMan Words Words Words Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Oh my.....

The thought of running one of these with a 310212......:eek:

15. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    Ok, I've had to reread the specs on this several time....

Is there anything this amp does not have???

Two independant switchable channels, each with switchable overdrive

Everything has level controls including the FX loops and DI out.

Front and rear tuner outs...

2ohm capability

Just curious to hear what the price is going to look like now.

16. danomite64

danomite64

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida

Yeah, it doesn't have 6550's. I'm sticking with my old school 400.:bag:

17. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Me want.............me want! :bassist:

widdly widdly widdly

18. SnoMan

Jan 27, 2001
    Charleston, WV
    This isn't real until I see a picture. :mad:

I want to drool over this...but I can't allow myself to do that until I see it! :spit:

:cool:

19. You could just weld four 400s together to get a realistic 1200 watts. Now that would be an amp! But only the country bass players could use one because you'd need a 3/4 ton truck to haul it to the gig.

20. Cougar207

Cougar207

Jun 17, 2005
    St. Charles, MO
    I really wish Mesa would start putting footswitchable FX loops on their bass amps, like their rectifier series guitar amps.

Two blendable preamps = :) :bassist: That's the thing I like most about my m2000.