1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

2019 Gear Purchase Plans

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RichSnyder, Jan 13, 2019.

1. RichSnyder

RichSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Columbia, Md
    I think I only have two major purchases planned for 2019. A Fender Precision from the Mod Shop and a Mesa WD800. I've always wanted a walnut or mocha brown P bass. I almost stole one from college - inadvertently. I was in Jazz band and they had an unplayable P bass in the music room. I borrowed it at the end of one year planning to get it back into playability, but it went into the storage space in my apartment and out of mind. Got a phone call at the end of the year - "bring the bass back". Oops. But it was honest. I guess the morality question would be if they hadn't called and I was moving out of the apartment, discovered it, would I have taken it back? Anyways, I still want a brown P bass and yeah, I realize that Mod Shop is a bit of a ripoff.

Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 4.24.31 PM.

2. joelns

joelns

Mar 10, 2014
    I have one thing on my radar right now. I'd really like to get an Electric Stand Up. Feeling nostalgic from my high school days when I played standup in Jazz, blues, and rockabilly combos.

3. Dub56

Dub56 Supporting Member

May 28, 2005
    D.C.
    I started off 2019 by placing an order for a Moollon P Classic IV! Build time is around 5 months, it'll be something fun to look forward to :thumbsup:

That's my only planned purchase. Maybe a short scale at some point later in the year if I ever find the right one.

Wisebass, Pbassmanca and RichSnyder like this.
  4. dxb

dxb

Dec 25, 2016
    No plans. Gear usually just follows me home. ;)

5. One of the best colors in my opinion. Mocha/walnut

6. saabfender

saabfender Banned SUSPENDED

Jan 10, 2018
    Indianapolis
    I like Fenders that color. My first one was a mocha Jazz.

Rather than having no plans to buy anything in 2019, I have plans to buy nothing.

7. I just bought a 5 string from a fellow Tbass member, next a Berg Forte, HD112, Cbass, Yamaha CP4 or MODX8 and hopefully I will be done. Can I borrow some money from one of you folks?

Pbassmanca likes this.
  8. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    The only real major purchase I'll have in 2019 is I have a 2nd Zon Legacy Elite 6 on order due December 2019.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  9. Well I got my high-dollar purchase out of the way when I bought my USA Jazz V in December, so besides the Rumble 40 I bought yesterday it'll just be strings, parts for a Squier I'm putting together and maaayyybbeee a preamp for my Jazz. Maybe one jazz, maybe both. Depends how I like the first one...

Pbassmanca likes this.
  10. xxe7x2dvs4olevrfrhge.
    GK-MB-Fusion-800-full-620x138.
    dm3xmiwgsw9w14ufgl9c.

Something like this.

I had a very slow 2018 gear wise.

Should have a bit more gig $ coming in 2019.

11. Basehead

Basehead Now with even more synthy goodness...

Jan 3, 2008
    New York NY
    A Genzler rig for me...oh and that upcoming envelope/synth pedal from Source Audio.....and possibly a P bass. I know I'm forgetting a few things

J-Bassomatic and Pbassmanca like this.
  12. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    I have a couple of Mike Lull P4s on order, that's it. If G&L reissues the El Toro I'll grab one. Maybe a used CLF L2000 with ash body if a light one pops up for a price I can't resist...

[Edit] Oops! I just remembered that I have an EBMM HH4 Sterling on order as well.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  13. Backbeat rumble back, Kiesel Zeus multiscale 4 string, back up class D affordable head. Harley Benton, Bugera, something along those lines. Likely in that order. Maybe an affordable tube preamp/DI as well. 2018 didn't yield me any new bass gear, but it was a good year for acquring various live sound and recording gear.

Pbassmanca likes this.
  14. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    I planned on buying an F-Bass VF4. The one I had in my Reverb watch list finally went on sale. Someone else grabbed before I could finish the checkout process. Now it’s in the classifieds here at a substantially higher price. Oh well. Maybe another will come up that checks off all the boxes.

GlassToMouth likes this.
  15. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I just bought a Modulus Quantum 6 off of the classifieds. My first bass purchase of 2019.

upload_2019-1-13_19-50-49.

When I get it, my next purchases are going to be black hardware to replace the gold.

16. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    I’m hunting a used Darkglass Hyper Luminal. Just waiting for a deal.

Other than that, I’ll probably sell a few things. If it’s not getting used, out it goes.

A cash windfall or a great deal on used Dingwall NG four string would be the only way a new bass happens. And I’d sell one if the NG was a keeper.

Solarmist likes this.
  17. lz4005

lz4005

Oct 22, 2013
    The only thing on my radar is a lighter weight fretless to replace the one I have now that's too heavy and neck-dive-prone for me to play a 2 hour gig on.

Wisebass likes this.
  18. I hope to do the two things I was going to do before my band leader passed away this summer:

1. Get my Genz Benz Shuttle 9 serviced.

2. Spitfire tort guard for my Fullerton era Jazz.

19. I might try and sell my B3K so I can get a B7K Ultra ... that's my fave -always on- pedal, and those Nolly NG Dingwalls you mentioned sound spectacular with the DG Tone Capsule.

20. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I'm sitting back and waiting to see what comes of this conversation. Something is cooking in Andy's big brain. ( @agedhorse ) I can smell it.

Favorite Mesa Boogie Tube Bass Amps

It's a pretty cool thread if you have the time.
    Lots of new (and old) ideas in this spitball session. I think whatever is cooking will wind up with some of both.