1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ampeg Cab Setup Opinion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SVTDOUBLEBUCK, Oct 2, 2009.

1. 410HE on top of the 115E

61.0%
  2. 115E on top of the 410HE

12.2%
  3. Carrots on top of roots

17.1%
  4. Roots on top of carrots

9.8%
  1. Alright so I have an all ampeg setup in which I love a lot! I have a 4-pro, paired with an ampeg 410HE, and a 115E cabinet, obviously both are 8 ohms, now my question is how would you stack them? I normally put the fifteen on the bottom, and the 410 on top, because thats how I've always seen bass players with this combination do. But the 410 is obviously larger, and looks kinda funny on the fifteen, do any TB'ers put the fifteen on top of the 410? Or keep the fifteen on the bottom? I eventually would like to get rid of the 15 and get another 410he, to move some more air around. But what would you guys recommend and why?

2. barboom

barboom

Sep 23, 2008
    Ottawa, ON
    But the carrots are the roots! :bag:

3. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    It probably doesn't matter as they most likely cover similar frequencies. The 410 might put out more lows than the 15 though.

4. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
    i would think that the 4x10 is the louder (i.e. more SPL) of the two cabs, so i would put the 15 cab up top, closer to ear level, so you can hear it. but actually, i wouldn't use the 15 with it at all, as its going to get the same power to its single 15 as all four of the 10's.

5. Z-Bass

Z-Bass

Apr 22, 2004
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Convention is to stack the 4x10 on top of the 1x15. That's the way it's typically done/seen. Although I think it would be interesting to try out the opposite. Certainly no harm in trying both ways and seeing which one appeals to you more. I remember seeing some Epifani NAMM video in which they have been recommending the 1x15 on top/2x10 on bottom configuration. The 4x10 on top/1x15 on bottom configuration probably stems from PA system setups.

6. speedkills

speedkills

Jan 10, 2008
    California
    This.

7. UncleBalsamic

UncleBalsamic

Jul 8, 2007
    UK
    Yeah, another 410 will serve you better.

8. Get 2 410HE

9. I run a SWR stack with a 115 on top of a 410 and i love the sound as opposed to the opposite. You can feel the bass a lot better and it sounds a lot bassier to. By the way id keep the 115 don't trade it in for another 410 I tried that and theirs just no comparison.

10. thombo

thombo Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    i'd put the cab that i like the sound of more closer to my ear.

11. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    UP Untell this week i was running and SWR Goliath III 410 and SOB 115 With The 115 On the Bottom....IMHO I think it looked beeter have the bigger speaker on the bottom....and for the fact that the 115 did not have as low of Frequency Rating was all the more reason to put it on the bottom to get it to couple with the stage and extend the Low Frequencies of it better!!!!...But yeah Just this Week I went and bought a New SWR Goliath IV 410 and yeah it is on the bottom....and well I love The 810's Way Better the the 410/115 setup!!! ...Thats My 2 Cents worth!!! Cheers Mate!!!