1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any NAMM bass rumors yet?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Hevy T, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Mark Ambler

Mark Ambler

Nov 18, 2017
    London, UK.
    Microbass and scottm like this.
  2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    My first time going this year Thursday-Saturday. I got Media Passes with a friend of mine (we do a podcast called Gearbuds). Looking forward to checking it out!

3. Mark Ambler

Mark Ambler

Nov 18, 2017
    London, UK.
  4. Heavy Blue

Heavy Blue

Nov 11, 2017
    Prairie Canada

• I would love to check this out. Maybe give the Fender Bassman 100T a run for its money without the unnecessary complexity (and cost) that the 100T has.

kjp360, Lowendtech and GrapeBass like this.
  5. OllyW

OllyW

Oct 10, 2017
    Stourbridge, UK
    Sascha Erni, HughC, fauxtoe and 3 others like this.
  6. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it Supporting Member

I’ve heard from several reliable sources that Fender will be releasing a package available for US and mIM guitars and basses called the Fender Ultimate Custom Kit. Apparently it consists of upgrades, decals, official papers, etc. Again, just a rumor but it sounds awesome to me.

wraub likes this.
  7. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

For a second I thought it was going to include 3 different grades of sandpaper and a small wood chisel.

Lowtonejoe, ak56, mikewalker and 2 others like this.
  8. Smooth_bass88

Smooth_bass88 Groove it Supporting Member

Hey, for all we know it does. Maybe the Fender Ultimate Custom Kit contains items you can use to ‘relic’ your own instrument. Gonna be awesome I bet!

wraub and mikewalker like this.
  9. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    From what I've seen on Instagram, there will be new stuff by Darkglass and Source Audio.

TonyP- likes this.
  10. jblock

jblock Supporting Member

Mar 20, 2004
    CT
    But no mention of the 1x8 or 1x10 ext cabinets. I hope that doesn't mean they are going away.

11. Holdsg

Holdsg Talkbass > Work Gold Supporting Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Alta Loma, CA
    I've been 5-6 times in my life. Not going to the show this year.
    But will for sure attend several of the nightly events, such as the TonyP show at the Tsunami Hang @ JT Schmids.

NAMM has always been a highlight of the year for me, because I just flat-out love gear.
    I love meeting the guys that make the coolest bass and keys gear on earth, the ones that have become my heroes.
    Some of them will be there this year, others have retired and won't, and that's the way it goes.

NAMM is a great place to connect with other musicians, friends, TB acquaintances, and aging rock stars (if that's a thing you're into, not me). That's a cool feature that you don't get many other opportunities to do.

NAMM also is a big old pain in the arse because of the crowds, the noise, the NAMTRAXX virus, and especially due to the GAS it inevitably creates and the wait that ensues afterwards. Because NAMM stands for (Not Available until Mid May).

And its just not bass GAS, for me personally.
    It's bass GAS, and keyboard GAS, and PA GAS, and mic GAS, gadget GAS, you get the picture.

But, for one week a year, it's the center of the music universe, so you gotta love that.

12. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    You have a great attitude Gary...I always look forward to seeing You my friend.

I think we should have a GTG the night I'm playing.
    Devon will have some amazing basses and I will be grabbing one and playing it during the last song of my set.

Holdsg likes this.
  13. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    California
    This. Exactly this. Well said!

Holdsg likes this.
  14. City

City Supporting Member

I heard Glarry leased the entire third floor. lol

Axstar, Ben Rose and Smooth_bass88 like this.
  15. Hevy T

Hevy T Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Lethbridge, AB Canada
    I would so love to see a trans blue fender jazz with maple fingerboard and mother of pearl big block inlays

hypercarrots and 12BitSlab like this.
  16. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL
    @SBMM Sterling by Musicman HH SUB series

17. fauxtoe

fauxtoe Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2018
    California
    I was wondering when they were going to make an HH version. That's something I'll for sure give a demo to (if possible) just to see how it sounds. I'm planning to buy a Stingray Special 4HH, but it's good to see they are expanding the line.

18. The folks at the Harmony Central forum do a pretty good job of covering the show and posting pics overnight.

NAMM is fun - huge toy-store for gear-heads.

19. hypercarrots

hypercarrots

Jan 28, 2009
    los angeles
    vyrifu33xknlpncifrpf.jpg

20. tubatodd

tubatodd Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Birmingham, AL