AudioKinesis Cabs Part VI...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thor, Jun 3, 2013.

1. SemiDriven

SemiDriven Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Way looking forward to pairing the AK H1203T (8-ohms) with the H1855 (4-ohms) tomorrow for an outdoor gig tomorrow! :bassist:

Just need to remember to double-check that the Mesa Subway D-800+ ohm switch is set to 2-ohms!

PS...also looking forward to Duke's C112T ordered cab arriving sometime in the future! :woot::bassist:

Wangopengo, nutdog and wave rider like this.
  2. MIMike

MIMike

Jan 1, 2013
    West MI
    A gig? Good for you getting to play out someplace.
    With that rig, if the wind is blowing right, I might be able to hear you across the lake over here.

SemiDriven and nutdog like this.
  3. DennyOnBass

DennyOnBass Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2003
    Traverse City, MI
    Hey Mike, I'm north of you gigging at Lake Ann Brewing Company up by Traverse City tomorrow night using a pair of Hathor 1203's, so don't get confused if that AudioKinesis sound seems to be coming from the wrong direction. ;)

SemiDriven, nutdog and wave rider like this.
  4. SemiDriven

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Tomorrow's forecast this side of the lake: Hot, Humid, and a little breezy. Might have to crank it up a bit so you can hear it. :D :bassist:

5. MIMike

MIMike

Jan 1, 2013
    West MI

OK, you guys will have to send me your set lists so I can tell you apart.
    You are both rocking double Duke cabs, that’s awesome!

SemiDriven and wave rider like this.
  6. SemiDriven

Sep 2, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Well our gig neighbors yesterday heard Duke's creations loud and clear! :bassist:

As will our outdoor gig neighbors on Sunday! :woot:

Kudos @DukeLeJeune!

IMG_0080.jpg

7. DennyOnBass

Dec 18, 2003
    Traverse City, MI
    Finally got a nice clear pic of my rig while setting up for a concert in the park in East Jordan, MI, manhole cover capital of the world. Love this rig!

48F3C464-99FA-444C-BAE9-4BDAC76FF476.jpeg

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
  8. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I was going to say to watch out, but was slightly disappointed to note not a single manhole or manhole cover in your photo. Behind the rig, perhaps? (Watch out!)

Shuttle 9.0 -- haven't seen one of those in a little bit -- and do I see that you have all three filters engaged? Not sure I ever ran (my Shuttle 12.0 -- which I don't have anymore -- or my GBE 1200, which I do) that way, but I can actually see it sounding good with the Hathors. Nice, compact stack, too! (And congrats on getting out to play!)

DennyOnBass and staccatogrowl like this.
  9. MIMike

MIMike

Jan 1, 2013
    West MI
    ^

Next time you DO step on a manhole cover, check it out. East Jordan Iron Works is all over the place.

DennyOnBass likes this.
  10. DennyOnBass

Dec 18, 2003
    Traverse City, MI
    Yeah, I’ve actually attempted to replace that old amp a couple of times, including most recently with an Aguilar AG700, and nothing has sounded as good to my ears. It’s still running like a champ after a recent overhaul.

I had the bass and treble filters engaged at the time I took the photo, but not the mid. I tend to run the rest of the EQ flat, save for a little bump in the lower mids. I don’t always have the high engaged, but this was a power trio and I wanted a little more bite.

Despite being right next door to the office of the place that makes those manhole covers, there were ironically no manhole covers in our general area. But take a good look at the next 10 manhole covers you see and tell me what’s stamped on them...

MarkA likes this.
  11. noahw1

noahw1

Jul 22, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    great amp. If you’re serious about replacing it check out the Genzler Magellan.

12. DennyOnBass

Dec 18, 2003
    Traverse City, MI
    I’ve been good since I had the Shuttle serviced and got it back into gig worthy condition. I’ll definitely check out something from Genzler when I’m finally ready to put the Shuttle to bed, and I’m also contemplating something like a Quilter bass block and expanding my preamp pedal collection for a wider pallet of sonic options.

Michael Vee and noahw1 like this.
  13. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Michigan
    Anyone selling a TC 112 cab?

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021