1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Azola EUBs Megathread

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by basss, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Looks good. Who is it made by? You don't mention .

2. Max George likes this.
  3. dylanjohnson

dylanjohnson Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    I hope you got a great deal on that bass because you are sure working hard promoting it here on TB.

Francois Blais likes this.
  4. With all due respect:
    You love it so much that your nickname is the name of the product?
    Have you done something else here than promoting this instrument?

Regards,
    François

5. I meant contribution.

6. I'm definitely interested to read what you've written about strings on EUBs.
    Where are these posts please?

But, as far as I can tell, you've joined TB only nine days ago, taken the name of an instrument that the promotion seems to have been your main activity, so, forgive me, but that looks quite commercial to me.
    I think you should read this: Commercial User Policy (CUP) | TalkBass.com
    And in particular the section about non-acceptable posting behaviour.

That said, welcome aboard, M.TravelBass.
    It'd be nice to state your real name as well, if that's possible.

Regards,
    François

Max George, mikeGJ and 59jazz like this.
  7. dylanjohnson

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    A previous post on TB referred to your endorsement. It seems to be gone now. My mistake?

8. mikeGJ

mikeGJ Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Grand Junction, CO
    I, too, saw the post about you being named an endorser. It appeared on the same day as several other posts of yours, which also gushed about your (revolutionary, best-ever) traveling bass.

My impression of your bass was that it was a nice EUB, inspired by many other hollow body "stick" basses, very much like an Azola or Eminence, but hardly new, revolutionary or the first hollow EUB we have ever seen.

I too, felt you were on the verge of being "commercial", and your chosen name being co-incident with the product name of your bass re-inforced that impression. After reading those first three posts I thought "spoken like a paid endorser".

So, enough about your bass, OK? You profited from your relationship with TravelBass, and you are trying to pay for it here, with your frequent mentions of its superiority, whether or not you realize it.

If not in direct violation of Talkbass commercial policy, your postings would seem to be at odds with the spirit of those policies and the general non-commercial flavor of Talkbass.

Francois Blais likes this.
  9. dylanjohnson

Jul 9, 2002
    Morro Bay, CA
    Looking for a Lightning Bug. Let me know if any of you are looking to sell one or are interested in trading for an Eminence.