Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Behringer.......

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 14, 2004.

1. Hey yo people...

I was looking in the behringer catalog (after being pleased with my thunderbird Bx108) i was looking for a high powered amp, and one of the stores 2 hours away have a deal for a Rack Bass V-Amp and a Europower EP1500 power amp for just over $1000Aus.....

Just curious if anyone has one of these setups and would be worth investing in.....with a trace elliot 4x10 or 2 of course...

cheers heath

2. redwood

redwood

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Yes, I run the same setup (with a compressor added for fun).
    Surprisingly, I usually use the Trace 4x10 speaker model with my presets. I find it has the best punch of any of them.
    Go for it! You really can't go wrong for the price (as opposed to what alot of TB'ers will tell you about Behringer stuff) :bassist:

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I play with a guitarist that has been using the guitar version of the V amp for over 3-4 years. He plays 3-4 nights per week. It has never failed him.

4. bassic1959

bassic1959

Jan 16, 2003
    I use the EP1500 and it works perfectly. I use an Ampeg SVP-Pro as the pre. Played many gigs and practices without a problem. The only issue is it is heavy.

5. AdamRuckus

AdamRuckus Guest

Mar 21, 2003
    Gold Coast, Australia
    If you can, spend the extra ~$100 AUD for the EP2500. Many more watts, more headroom, better resale value.

6. I have a peavey MARK3 150w head...would it damage the head if i ran a line from the line send to the power amp?

Cos im either gonna get a trace elliot quad box 600w @ 4 ohms or a ACME low b-4 About 1000w @ 4ohm.......just so i can use my head until i get a alembic or whatever preamp

cheers

7. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland

Or how much money you have to spend.....

8. It had to happen eventually...

9. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    ahh...a Behringer thread... :bag:

10. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    How is he being unethical?

11. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    You'll find out, believe me, you will find out,.see how this thread is one page? Most behringer threads are over 3 pages, with about 25% of the posts actually relating to the question asked. This is due to the fast that some people believe behringers policies are wrong.

It is one of the most annoying things about TB, and some people have come across as VERY unprofessional in some of the threads.

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  12. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    Let me ask another question. Whose sense of ethics are you talking about? Behringer's or the guys in this thread discussing the possible purchase of a Behringer? Calling Behringer unethical is one thing, but I would hesitate to imply someone is unethical for making a legal purchase from a music store.

13. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego
    Who cares, maybe someone does about ethics but you know what, I have a really nice 2500 and didn't have to blow my bank book. What is in a name even if the design is so similar to somone elses. THis is why there is a court system. LEt the two parties hash it out. In the mean time buy the amp you'll be pleasantly suprised at the quality of the amp in comparison to the cost!

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  14. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland

In every behringer thread.

EDIT: Also, that someone, seems to be you.

15. redwood

redwood

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Don't encourage him :crying:
    Can we get back to the topic :help:

16. redwood

redwood

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    Maybe not, but you sure seem to enjoy perpetuating the insanity.

17. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea Bob,

You DO pile-on every chance you get... hehe...

18. sdguyman

sdguyman

Jan 31, 2003
    San Diego

Back to the original question: Yes this set up will work just fine and will not damage the head as long as you are using the line out from it into the power amp.

19. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Well, some people DO care about ethics, and don't mind being informed when they are dealing with an unethical company.

Perhaps heath the great would like to make an informed purchase. Maybe he doesn't really care if Behringer steals the plans for quite a few of their products. If he doesn't, that's his call. But don't blame the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I'd like to think that MOST people care about ethics, but that's probably a little optimistic. Apparently, there's at least a few right here whose ethics are directly related to how much money stays in their pocket. If you're offended by that statement, you have only yourself to blame.

20. redwood

redwood

Oct 3, 2002
    Buffalo, NY
    But don't blame the messenger just because you don't like the message.

I don't blame the messenger, I'm just getting a bit tired of listening to the same rants.
    We get your point.
    Start a Behringer cheats, lies and steals thread and leave it there!
    I have more ethics than most people, I'm just a realist.