Black Metal Bassists

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DoomandHeavy, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Marduk's coming out with a new album Sept 24th!! Wonder if we'll be able to hear Devo at all on this one. :D

2. TheVoiceless

TheVoiceless

Jun 11, 2008
    New Jersey
    Does Cradle of Filth count? They have very good compositions, and I can hear the bass parts.

3. Korladis

Korladis Inactive

Their old stuff does. I mentioned Robin "Graves" Eaglestone.

4. hayngman

hayngman

Aug 20, 2002
    Wise County, TX
    Erik Tiwaz (Tyr) played on Empiricism, not Vortex. He is a registered member here.

Check out these basses.

5. SirChalls

SirChalls

Aug 13, 2013
    Eerie is a bad ass album. Barathrum is good, it's rare to find a black metal band that doesn't have really obnoxious guitars. I really really like this album because there's NO guitar :D

In general I don't like black metal. There's a couple bands that have a few songs I like. Carpathian Forest's Well of All Human Tears is cool. Naglfar's lyrics are poetic and awesome but again, the lyrics and guitars are too much. I am Vengeance is amazing by them though.

I think Dimmu Borgir is terrible. I listened to Stormblast for a minute because of this thread and was not impressed. I'll go check out that Necromantia band.

6. Hamlet7768

Hamlet7768 Here to chew gum and rock. Still have gum.

Jun 5, 2011
    I'm not a huge fan of black metal, and I don't play it, but I do like some. I mostly like stuff that gives a stark, cold atmosphere, stuff like Burzum, Ulver, early Opeth (kind of has some Black elements particularly on Morningrise), and sometimes Mayhem for shiggles. Necrobutcher has a deliciously crappy-but-great bass tone.

7. Karli

Karli

Jul 21, 2017
    Bielefeld, Germany
    Hey folks ,

I am a huge VENOM Fan! Love the Sound of Conos' Bass!!! Especialy the Bass-Tone around the "At War With Satan" (Album) and the "Metal Black" (Album - yes, right, the new one).

Is there anyone out there who can tell me something about the effects he used?

Take care
    KARLI

8. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    I dont listen to a lot of straight up black metal, but I love bands with black metal influences like Behemoth, Black Daliah Murder and Skeletonwitch

9. socialleper

socialleper Bringer of doom and top shelf beer Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Canyon Country, CA
    The bass on the upcoming Behemoth sounds pretty awesome. The track they put out sounds like they are going back more to the mid-2000s albums, which I preferred. The sort of free style of writing on the last one didn't do it for me. I wish Nergal wouldn't layer his vocals so much.
    If you think you would like blacken tech death metal, check out Inferi. The bass player is really good.

Gigas444 and Karli like this.
  10. AdamR

AdamR Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    Iferi's new album is amazing

11. Karli

Karli

Jul 21, 2017
    Bielefeld, Germany
    Here is a live Show by Gorgoroth with Kingovhell on bass. He plays a fretless all through the set.

He told me that he played fretless on the "incipit satan" album on a few tracks and went on to play it live.

Cheers
    Karli

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021