1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Club Alleva-Coppolo (Part 21)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
  1. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
    I am happy IMG_20190226_001242_057.

2. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Wow — As you should be!

svtb15, KUETSUM and TolerancEJ like this.
  3. jonno1707

jonno1707 Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Nanuet N.Y.
    Guys i have a beautiful RA NYC body Nitro I plan on selling and want to give the club first shot anybody interested PM me.

KUETSUM and svtb15 like this.
  4. svtb15

svtb15 SUSPENDED

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    Some photos of the POUDAH bass.. My Sig KBP4. .Someone at the MESA thread asked to see these. I didn't want to go Off Topic so I post them here.
    I experimented with a badass bridge and a Tort guard.. I put it back to stock

Alleva Coppolo   (1).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (2).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (3).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (4). Alleva Coppolo   (5).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (6).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (7). Alleva Coppolo   (8).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (9).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (10).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (11).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (12).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (13).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (14).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (15).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (16).JPG Alleva Coppolo   (17).JPG

Edgar, Joelc73, basses55 and 7 others like this.
  5. Infidelity

Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    7F7E604E-8FFA-478B-BF2B-35A1EA3DEBA4.

I’m joining the AC club! No proper photos yet, since I just got it. I’ve been playing this LM5 since I opened it at 6:30. 3hrs went by like it was nothing. What an amazing instrument! Oh and it weighs 7lbs 7oz!

Anyone play with TH500? How do you EQ w/ the Alleva? I seem to boost the bass on the Alleva’s pre to get the tone that i like.

I'll post more photos tomorrow. Time to bust out my camera while I'm at it.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2019
    basses55, TolerancEJ, KUETSUM and 2 others like this.
  6. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK

When will you leave that bass alone... No more updates. Get the originals and leave it that way.

Edgar likes this.
  7. red_rhino

red_rhino Gold Supporting Member

Oh.. so you're the one who snagged that. That sold so fast I barely had time to develop any GAS for it! (Let alone whether to dither over buying/not buying it.) You probably spared me some agony, but somehow I was looking forward to it.

Seriously, congratulations.

Edgar likes this.
  8. KUETSUM

KUETSUM Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2007
    Hong Kong
    How do you feel the empress body

9. Infidelity

Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    Yeah, it took me a couple hours to think about it. I wasn't really keen about spending that much for a bass, but definitely worth every single penny. Most of my basses are around 7~ish lbs, so I couldn't pass. Like I told the previous owner, this was more of an experiment on what the AC hype was about. It definitely did not disappoint.

I hear no difference between ash/maple basses compared to this AC. If ever, it seems more resonant.

10. I use a TH500 with my AC EUT5. I don't think that I do anything much differently than with any other bass.
    But, i'll check and report back

Infidelity and svtb15 like this.
  11. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Man that beauty has seen some action! (Unless you just drag it behind your car on your way to gigs!)

12. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    I stopped by the shop yesterday to have some tweaks done to my LM. It was a red party.... Jimmy’s got a noticeable number of red basses in the works, including a couple of beautiful CARs, one with an unusual undercoat that made it pop more, but my fave was an LG in Dakota red done by the professor. It was the most beautiful shade of that color I have ever seen. I don’t know who it was for but that lucky bastard is in for a treat.

I didn’t take pics though, so per TB tradition, I guess this didn’t happen and I made it all up.

Edgar, rodl2005, basses55 and 3 others like this.
  13. Infidelity

Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    As promised! I will post more pics of the AC LM5 Empress I got recently.

Have a gig with her tonight, so this will be the real test!

DSC07823.
    DSC07834.
    DSC07835. DSC07839. DSC07843.

funkydanbass, Edgar, YCBass and 7 others like this.
  14. Infidelity

Infidelity

Jan 14, 2010
    Melbourne, FL
    Gigged with the AC LM5 last night. Even my band members felt/heared that the bass sounded good. I was smiling the whole entire time. Great freakin time!

I also got a lot of compliments from the crowd and 2 free drinks from women from the crowd. That’s a rarity for bass players! Must be an AC thing. :roflmao:

svtb15, red_rhino, basses55 and 3 others like this.
  15. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Similar experience for me though not anywhere near as cool...

I’ve been playing my LM exclusively since I brought her home; then last band rehearsal I decided to give some love to my former main bass for this particular band. The guitar player commented that it sounded much different and that whatever I paid for the A-C was worth it. Before it arrived I told him how much it was gonna be and he cringed. I guess he gets it now.

svtb15 and basses55 like this.
  16. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    I also wanted to share some A-C action in my band’s music video.

17. That's great! Bass sounds great and good song too.

Didn't like having to switch my ph around to watch the head stock mounted stuff..... but.... LOV-ERLY shot of the A-C head stock n logo!

Great stuff :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

YCBass likes this.
  18. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK

Im just busting Kirks testicoli. But that signature P is the best p bass I ever played. Its an amazing bass.

svtb15 likes this.
  19. YCBass

YCBass Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Thank you!

20. svtb15

svtb15 SUSPENDED

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig. Q+
    JImmy speaking of his Friend Jeff Andrews R.I.P