1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sadowsky!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Dec 23, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Kevan Campbell

Kevan Campbell Bergantino Artist, Vibe9 IEM Artist Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Very cool post and nice looking bass! I’m a bit jealous though, the shop dogs didn’t seem to like me too much (probably smelled my cat on me and could tell I’m a cat guy).

mmbass21, kevk, kobass and 1 other person like this.
  2. I had a great time visiting Sadowsky HQ last November while on vacation in New York with my wife. I also had the pleasure of meeting Roger. Perhaps I was star stuck or something. It completely slipped my mind to ask for a photo with him. My wife mentioned it when I already exited the building.

I’m not sure when, but one day I will order a Satin Series Modern 5/24 with an ash body/maple fingerboard finished in Sage Green Metallic.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  3. Dave Hill

Dave Hill Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    That’s awesome. If you play with a light to moderate touch, you can get the action LOW on a Sadowsky.
    Congrats.

4. soflbass

soflbass

Mar 2, 2013
    S Florida
    That's a great story. Lots of respect for Roger and his staff. Congrats and enjoy your new bass!

5. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    Congrats, Rev!

kobass, Reviresco and soflbass like this.
  6. soflbass

soflbass

Mar 2, 2013
    S Florida
    So, a package arrived from Sadowsky today. Installed my new pickguard and a set of GHS balanced nickels (stainless strings too bright for me). Boom! Exactly what I imagined when I saw this bass. Personally I prefer the new one better than the white pickguard that it came with.
    20190713_165255.

7. soflbass

soflbass

Mar 2, 2013
    S Florida
    Also have to mention that there is no route under the pickguard of the metro express basses. Should have taken a picture.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  8. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Roger is definitely among the very best. An uber-professional. Great story—Enjoy that beautiful bass!

Sadowsky, soflbass, Reviresco and 4 others like this.
  9. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    Last night during soundcheck!!

5C0D90C9-6EE9-466C-B3A8-5B37B5CE5C82.

10. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    awesome!

PeterH and flewis like this.
  11. DJDanny

DJDanny Supporting Member

Sep 22, 2013
    My setup for last night's event. IMG_3586.

Low84, LeonD, Todd Larson and 21 others like this.
  12. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    Beautiful — and inspiring!

DJDanny likes this.
  13. DJDanny

Sep 22, 2013
    Thank you Joel!

14. PeterH

PeterH

Dec 31, 2015
    NY
    Woah! That's a drool-worthy bass! What's the deal with the fingerboard? Two different woods?

DJDanny and kobass like this.
  15. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    In my latest edition of 'Can He Survive off of Bottom-Shelf Kibble, Cheap Beer and Sell Off Enough Gear to Beat the 6-Month Financing':

I did a thing ...

5740 Full. 5740_2.

Rosewood, ziracote (not a finish upgrade at the car dealership) and sweet, rich, supple mahogany.

16. DJDanny

Sep 22, 2013
    Thank you so much Peter!
    Fingerboard is sprayed in black to create the strip pattern. (Looks like two different woods!)

PeterH likes this.
  17. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    So I'm quite bummed that I'm leaving NY today and won't have time to make it to the shop. I really wanted to compare a verdine white to a satin jazz.

I've always liked the tone of other people playing j basses but never liked it when I play one. I had a Kiesel JB5 and was never comfortable with it. I typically play closer to the neck pickup and change my attack for different tones but I couldn't find a sweet spot on that bass.

I really want a second sadowsky because of how much I love the neck on the NYC PJ I picked up and I plan on thinning the herd to do this. Just not sure which direction to go without trying them out. Part of me wants options by having a J but I've always been a P bass guy and the PJ always suits my needs.

Anyone have some advice? I know this is extremely subjective.

18. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Gear Reviewer - Bass Musician Magazine Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    Can I just say, the WL single coils in my limited edition Metro are some of the best sounding pickups I've heard. They sit in the mix so incredibly well, are basically silent, have all the punch of singles, but none of the thin-ness. Just a killer bass and I'm so glad the previous owner splurged on upgrading from the HC's to the WL SC's.

groovin_bassman, Sadowsky and PeterH like this.
  19. gustobassman

gustobassman I'm only here for the after party.. Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    I'm glad someone bought that. I was on the fence, I almost snagged that one about two months ago but decided on a fresh build. I want to hear a clip when you get it!!

ElMon likes this.
  20. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK

I ended up getting rid of the ash/maple, ash/ebony and mahogany/ebony Modern 5's I've owned.

But ...

The satin series I had a while back with an alder body/true RW board (not Pau Ferro like normal) was one I should've held onto.

Really intrigued by this 'darker wood but mid-focused Modern 5 pickup placement' concept.