1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Club Sandberg (part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Wow that sounds like a nightmare. I’m hoping since it’s really only one string that’s all it is. I imagine yours was out of tune across all of them. With something that major with an instrument of that cost I would probably lose a lot faith in that brand. Actually I have had a similar(well not that bad) with Rickenbacker. Got a 4003 where the truss rods were not installed properly so they didint work correctly. They corrected it but I later sold it. Left a bad taste.

Jughead6 likes this.
  2. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    Vol/blend/treble/bass

Vol is push pull, in pull it’s passive and it’s vol/blend/tone

Only thing I may have wrong is the Treble/bass order. But that should be obvious!

3. Here is my Forty Eight. It's a very nice rockin instrument
    feone.

4. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    Good looking bass.
    How would you decribed the tone as compared to a PJ?

5. taught

taught

Jan 5, 2015
    Hungary
    Guess what!
    I contacted Sandberg about my broken bridge saddle and they were kind enough to send me free replacement! I didn't even ask for it, I asked if I could BUY those separately (and not the whole bridge). I have never experienced this level of customer support in real life.

Wisebass, TB24, Wolford and 5 others like this.
  6. They're the best in the business!

Great news.

7. Obrad Lacarac

Obrad Lacarac

Feb 22, 2011
    EU wanna be
    I got my new Sandberg with slightly twisted machine head from German dealer. After one email to factory, they sent the replacement one immediately to my house address.
    They're really the best in the business!

8. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    All of this plus a million

9. Sorry, I've never owned a PJ :D
    But the neck pickup is very p-like and I often use it on its own. The bridge pickup is very thin sounding (even thinner than a bridge pickup on a jazz). Combined they provide a very nice growl and it sounds great with distortion.

Roy Vest likes this.
  10. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    Northampton UK
    I read somewhere that the 48's are P/MM configuration under the pickup covers.

11. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    That is correct

mortvest, Obrad Lacarac and kasbrey like this.
  12. Jamie Hale

Jamie Hale

Jul 16, 2019
    This reminds me of support I had from Taylor Guitars, a few years ago. A friend removed and lost my truss rod cover on a guitar that was pretty rare. Fairly plain, but unusual wood combination. I contacted Taylor to ask for a cover, and because they didn't have the exact original type, they sent me six in different woods. Better yet, for a 10 year old guitar, they overnighted the package at no cost! I have now had it for 22 years, and will never part with it.

So, I was debating between a Sandberg VM5 and a Maruszczyk Jake with a P/MM style combination. I ended up going with the Sandberg, and get it in about a week, and made the decision after reading about your experience.

Can't wait!

13. That's the kind of feedback that Sandberg would love to hear! Holger, are you listening?

TB24, Obrad Lacarac and Wisebass like this.
  14. Cuzzie

Cuzzie Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2016
    When you are happy with the guitar, email him and say one of the reasons why - he would love that

TB24 and Wisebass like this.
  15. Wisebass

Wisebass

Jan 12, 2017
    Lost in Space
    Hi taught :)

I love to quote myself! :D

Great to see that I was right! :)

greetings

Wise(b)ass

TB24 and taught like this.
  16. keatz

keatz

Jan 19, 2011
    Woohoo!!! Just purchased myself a Sandberg California II VM5 RedBurst. My Warwick Thumb 5 is getting to heavy for me and the neck dive and thick neck is doing my wrist no favours. I'm so excited. Now the shipping wait begins. Does anybody know what strings and guage it will be shipped with?

TB24 and Jughead6 like this.
  17. Stainless steel roundwounds come standard. Probably 45-130 but others may know more. Sandberg market them as their own strings, but I am led to believe they're made by GHS.

keatz likes this.
  18. Juan Lauda

Juan Lauda

Sep 14, 2008
    Sydney
    I had exactly the same problem and our Australian distributor supplied me with one aged nickel saddle to replace my existing one. It was a perfect match!

Jughead6 likes this.
  19. Mammoth_Bass

Mammoth_Bass Check out my band Mammothor!! Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Sandown, NH
    Hey guys, this beautiful VM just showed up on Reverb. I really don’t need it at all but love the look. I’m a little skeptical as the price seems awfully low. Any thoughts? Someone go buy it so I can save some $$ :)

Sandberg California VM 2019 Matte Black
    Sandberg California VM 2019 Matte Black

20. Number please. :)

Today my brand new Sandberg California VM5 Supreme finally arrived, in cream white with pearl pickguard. I've been suppressing GAS for this one for ages, playing with Sandberg's configurator until my face turned blue, until I stumbled upon this really good deal and no longer managed to restrain myself. No regrets so far. :)

IMG_3720 (Edited).JPG

I've just been playing with it for an hour or so, and everything that's been said here about Sandberg basses is absolutely true. I've got a Stingray 5 that I absolutely love, but this one blows it out of the water tonewise. It can do really in-your-face punchy as well as clear singing highs. And probably much more once I get to know it a bit better, which I hope to do later tonight.

-- Also: first post, hi all! I've been a lurker here for quite some time but decided this was a good opportunity to start mingling. :) Thanks for the various tips and good advices I've already gotten from you all so far (like buying a Sandberg bass)!

MuttThud, Wisebass, Benko and 4 others like this.