CWB Five Flavor Discount

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Thor, Oct 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassGen

BassGen

Mar 15, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    It feels a little "unofficial" to post in a new release of the thread without the Deej posting (I almost typed posing - typo or Freudian slip? You decide!) first. But I was typing the following in the old #4 thread but by the time I hit post the thread had been closed.

So here is what I was saying.

There is a nice quality of people frequenting this thread. I do tend to lurk more than post but I do appreciate the people that are here. If a GTG ever gets planned I would definitely try to make it there. I like the sense of humor that everyone here seems to share and the honesty and comfort level.

On that note, Deej we're well over 1,000 posts on # 4 . The mods will soon lock the thread so #5 must follow soon. What will it be? Chick vs. Chick with bass Five Finger Discount? Chick vs. Chick with bass a Fifth of Scotch? Chick vs. Chick with bass Five is better than Four? We wait in sheer anticipation!

2. Too good! :D

3. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    Slick Chick:
    jsl02.jpg

vs...

Slick Chick w/bass:
    slick1.jpg

JOOLIE, JOOLIE, JOOLIE!!!

I love her either way, myself.

4. She is beautiful either way, but I love her look in "with."

5. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    +1

6. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    Slick Chick w/band:
    JULIE,+ADE+%26+ERIC+SEP+2007.png

vs...

Slick Chick w/bass:

[​IMG]

JOOLIE! JOOLIE! JOOLIE! :bassist:

7. Tat2dHeart

Tat2dHeart Only two strings away from an attitude problem.

Julie's awesome either way - and I love that she plays barefoot.

8. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    I love the barefoot deal too. Does anyone know what that black strip is between her bridge and pickguard? I keep wanting to ask her...and anytime I get a chance, I forget to ask...

Edit: Just asked her...waiting hopefully for a reply

9. Tat2dHeart

@ WackoStu - The Lakland is amazing. I played at least 20 basses on Saturday, and the minute I heard this one, I knew she was going home with me.

@ dave64o - You could try holding out on the picture of the 'wick, but if I think you're going to enjoy the spoons, that wouldn't be the punishment you get. :p

That would have been an excellent thread name. It's a great song with a catchy little bassline - if you haven't heard it yet, check it out - Choking Victim - Five Finger Discount - YouTube

10. Tat2dHeart

She doesn't use it every time - I've watched a lot of her videos and only seen that on one or two, which leads me to believe that it might be another mic - like the lavalier kind used on cellos. I don't see that on the latest Adrian Belew Power Trio vids that she uploaded - and it's on some, but not all of the Paper Cat videos. But when you find out, let me know, too please? I'm curious.

11. presenting more evidence that Jello is actually a gremlin

Attached Files:

12. and just to stay on topic, here's a cwb pretending to be a rock star

Attached Files:

13. Tat2dHeart

That's a gorgeous pic - I SO wish I could get stuff like that when I'm on that side of the camera, but not to be.

14. Aww...thank you....but really, that is one of over 400...of which about 15 came out okay. So the key really is to take A LOT and every now and then you get a fluke. Even that one has reasons that I don't like it, but they're minor.:p

15. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Hot chick? Check.

Hot bass? Check.

Hot outfit? Check.

Hot Chick is holding hot bass? Check.

Hot bass matches hot outfit? Check.

Hot boots? Check.

Brick wall? Nope.

Train tracks? Nope.

Fence? Nope.

Hot chick? Check.

A perfect 10 for 10. Proof that FM is a 10! :hyper:

16. THand

THand

Jun 9, 2008
    Just found out, and PMing in 3,2,1...

17. If I'm ever in FL I'll bring a cam and get IT for you. :p

Oh, and your b & w cwb was amazing. You should repost that one.

18. :p Thanks. And to make it a little more rock, that was at about 8 in the morning after staying up all night...lol :smug:

19. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Hmmmmmm... something better than spoons?!?!?! :D ;)

BTW, that's a gorgeous Lakland you've got. I really miss mine (in my avatar and profile picture). The Dingwall is pretty, too. I've never tried playing one but it looks fun.

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.