1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Damnation Audio Fan/Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Maxfenderbass

Maxfenderbass Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    A little something I just posted on IG, recorded with my iPhone, but you catch my drift. MBD into Parallel Drive

Fuzzonaut, andrew, gregmon79 and 3 others like this.
  2. father of fires

father of fires Commercial User

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Chief of Medicine at Damnation Audio
    Talk to me about that 2x15.

gregmon79 likes this.
  3. Maxfenderbass

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    81272E78-C0A7-4CBE-9FA9-2EC355A308AE.
    It’s just a little baby haha. Sounds massive, weighs 60 lbs and you can lift it into your vehicle by yourself. Unlike the monster beside it.
    Taking the Mesa rig out on tour in June because of all of these things haha.
    On the flip side, it is very expensive.

4. father of fires

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Can I get a head on shot next to the 8x10? I'm looking at these hard but I had a powerhouse 2x15 that kinda sucked

gregmon79 likes this.
  5. Maxfenderbass

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    FBE1F341-D8C4-4100-B2E0-092497F7CDF2.
    :D
    Keep in mind you need to crank the horn down to get anything decent with drive pedals.

6. father of fires

Nov 29, 2006
    BALTIMORE CITY
    Wow that's tiny. And cute haha.

So it's truly a 2-way cab then?

gregmon79 likes this.
  7. Maxfenderbass

Jan 19, 2015
    Stratford, Ontario
    Suppose to be vertical only, I am sure you can lay it flat though. No feet on the side though.

8. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    I strongly recommend the older Diesel 215s with the EVs. Sounds great with my 810 and still smaller than a lot of 215s.
    91360672-3E7B-45DC-A59C-D3C0F64D1072.

9. cdwthunderfoot

cdwthunderfoot

Nov 29, 2015
    Kenosha Wi

Thanks for reminding me that I want a subway 2x15.

... and probably a WD800 to go with it.

10. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Woof. That looks “cute” but also bite your face off cute. Love it & fully want one!

Maxfenderbass and donahue like this.
  11. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Hey, shout-out to @father of fires for excellent customer service! The status LED on my ~2-year-old MBD-1 died recently. I asked Jeff whether that was a user-serviceable part and he said "Just send it back to me." A week later my MBD-1 comes back, working perfectly. No drama, no red tape, no angst, just a smooth satisfactory transaction with a vendor who clearly supports his product and customers. Thanks!

kevk, speedball3, gregmon79 and 8 others like this.
  12. donahue

donahue Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Anyone have any more Parallel Drive Clips? I need more until mine arrives.

riotriot likes this.
  13. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I know! Can’t wait till mines done.

donahue likes this.
  14. andrew

andrew Supporting Member

May 20, 2000
    Vancouver BC/Pacific Northwest
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Spector, Regenerate Guitar Works, Tech 21 NYC
    FYI @johnk_10 has a long thread in the amp section about his 215 cab builds using the Faital speakers (which I think is the speaker used in the new Mesa cabs). Inspired by John's cabs, I had LowDownSound build me a 215 cab using these drivers. Mine is the same size as the Barefaced and Bergantino 610 cabs. Sounds killer, and it weighs 49lbs.

15. donahue

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Parallel Drive out for delivery!

16. donahue

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    The pedal is awesome, the low clean blend is just like the awesomeness found on the MBD and Bloop, however this pedal reaffirms an opinion I wasn't wanting to lock on to, but now will: I don't like Rat-anything with bass. It sounds really good on low gain, but high gain Rat, Bass, and Me do not mix. I believe I will modify the Drive side to replace the Rat Circuit with the TS style circuit. I am definitely a TS guy. I do know that.

Nothing against the pedal at all. It's actually a genius design especially that the blend has a gain and level control. That is pure gold. I just can't dig on the Rat style tones like I was hoping I would.

17. handofseven

handofseven Soaking up the cathode rays...

Mar 23, 2010
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    I will attest: That LDS cab packs a serious whallop.. and I still can't believe there are two 15" speakers in there!

andrew likes this.
  18. I am with you, Justin chancellor makes it sound awesome and I do totally love the blended rat tone but the few times I tried I couldn’t make the rat tone sit in my bands mix too well.. actually just recalled that was blended cos it was in the source audio aftershock pedal hmm glad the mbd1 just works so well as my Grindy distortion tone then!

donahue likes this.
  19. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    Selling my Contour Preamp if anyone’s looking for one.

Maxfenderbass likes this.
  20. donahue

Jun 10, 2015
    Oregon
    Shout out to Jeff. Had a small pedal issue. Jeff fixed it promptly and for free. The icing on the cake: he shipped them back Priority packed as if they were purchased brand new, swag and all. Excellent service! Thanks