1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Dingwall Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Jan 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. NDBD! Picked up a Ferrari Green NG2 to give me a proper backup until 2019, when Canada Post will make all my dreams come true! :D

New Green Bass.

2. Is it weird that I'm already considering a 4-string AB as well? :D

3. pbass6811

pbass6811

Nov 10, 2008
    Indy, IN
    Not at all, my man! I'm primarily a 5-stringer, but I've been playing more 4-string lately, and I've always wanted a 6-string, so I went ahead and ordered 4 ABZs-a 4, two 5s, and a 6! I'm 95% sure I'll probably sell one of the 5-strings(I didn't think that part all the way through. It seemed like a great idea at the time...LOL!). I originally ordered a D-Bird Standard for my 4-string, but the more I thought about it, the more I wanted an ABZ 4.

I really thought I'd be ok waiting for these, because I've got awesome basses to play now, but seeing all of the killer Dingwalls that are getting posted is really giving me anxiety...Thanks, guys. LOL!

4. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Mar 6, 2005
    日本/Alyeska
    Love it. So used to seeing Dingwalls in pristine condition but this looks cool and it would be great to see more road-worn examples.

BurningSkies likes this.
  5. Not at all! I love Sheldon's 4 string basses, even in the longscale platform. For a while, I found it easier to sing and play using a 4 string with a drop D tuner. Now I am just playing 5's because I can. :smug:

6. Man, when those 4 drop, it's going to be like Christmas on steroids!!:hyper::bassist:

AB Nate and pbass6811 like this.
  7. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Belfast, UK
    I'd love to add a 4 string to the collection at some point. Actually, two 4s: a long scale for detuning anywhere from D to B standard, with 3 pickups of course (if a sweet deal on a Combustion 3X came around when I actually have money again [like that'll ever happen], I'd probably get it refinished to match my SP5 or maybe go for a sunflower yellow to match my super cool vintage Schwinn Breeze bike) and a Super J for standard tuning.

I think before I buy another bass, however, I'm going to slowly rebuild my pedalboard from the tiny collection I have now, then invest in a really nice electric guitar, and then something like a Kemper, Axe FX, or Helix; and then expand my home studio; and then... and then... and then...

But first I've got to finish my PhD. I'll be back in the US in September, and heading to Los Angeles and Nashville over the next year, so I'd love to get together with any Dingwallers (Dingwallians? Dingwallists? Dingwallites?) around those parts.

nismaniac and BurningSkies like this.
  8. I might just buy an NG2 4 as soon as I can afford it... possibly an NG3 4, even.

BuffaloBob4343 likes this.
  9. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Yeah, I was going to say that. People should put up their well played Dingwalls. I also have a voodoo prims that shows a serious amount of play wear.
    8DB4B661-7435-49E1-A2A8-8CE1FEF8F2EC.

Last night, Roanoke VA:

D6CB11A6-4473-4510-8C52-DC508BD020D3.
    E0A293AB-428B-44DA-B839-CAEB863C09E2.

10. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    PhD. in what field?

There's always a 'money sink'... :cool:

11. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    PhD in funky beard and bowler.

12. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    The rest of it looks completely mint, but some heavy playing by the original owner did this:

20180607_150941.

nismaniac and S-Bigbottom like this.
  13. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Belfast, UK
    Close. Since shaving my head again the bowler is a touch large. Gotta have it steamed to get it fitting again.

I’m doing a PhD in Ethnomusicology. My student profile (https://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/happ/...chStudentProfiles/JacobPosega-studentprofile/) outlines the details of my project,albeit it is more refined now since actually writing my full on proposal.

14. Merovign

Merovign

Dec 25, 2015
    Singapore
    Just got my ng-3!

A little bit confused to how the pickup control on the ng-3 works. can anyone shed some light on that?

nismaniac and TheEmptyCell like this.
  15. packrat

packrat Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Australia
  16. tree_trunker

tree_trunker

Mar 17, 2017
    Texas
    nismaniac and Merovign like this.
  17. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016

If it has the standard(not d bird) rotary selector then yes

Merovign likes this.
  18. Forget about all the damn pup selector nonesense, we need to see pictures!!:D:hyper: SO we can drooldrooldrooldrooldrool!

Merovign likes this.
  19. Merovign

Merovign

Dec 25, 2015
    Singapore
    Thanks! A little bummed at the lack of series with the bridge/middle. Is there any way to do it like so:

1) Bridge
    2) Bridge Middle series
    3) Bridge Neck series
    4) all 3
    5) Neck

Also, PICS and sorry for the potato quality.

edit: does anyone have any idea for a shorter strap? I currently have mono big betty with the tail end knotted up to make it even shorter. I'm a pretty short guy (5'6/1.7m) and i usually swing it pretty high up.

Attached Files:

20. The only way would be having a luthier reroute the pickups, adding a 5-way switch. It's a very simple fix if you want to do it.