1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dingwall Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Jan 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    huh?

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I was hoping he'd come back to fix it :D. I haven't a clue. I'll answer with, uh, 42 :D

3. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    damn

6 er......

4. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Depends on if I find a trade I want to do with it. I'm 99% sure I'm not going to do the trade I spoke about before, so I'm just quietly keeping my ear to the ground to see what pops up. It's an amazing bass, don't get me wrong. It'll take something pretty cool to top it and get me really wanting to trade. I love playing it, I just slightly prefer the Z neck profiles. But I'm in no hurry.

Edit: Just to be clear so I don't get booped with another infraction point ( :rollno: ), no, this isn't me trying to circumvent the For Sale rules here.

5. johnsonabq

johnsonabq Watch out where the huskies go... Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'm convinced that my Dingwalls sound killer through Bergantino amps. I'll probably only use the HG410 cab but it's nice that I have a full stack option.

the-rig2.

6. Charlzm

Charlzm

Mar 25, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I ordered a 10th Anniversary Combustion with the 3 pickup and pau ferro fretboard options back in the beginning of this year.

Anybody else here order a Combustion with the pau ferro option? Have you gotten it yet?

AB Nate and BassBH like this.
  7. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    To follow up on my post from earlier now that I’m somewhere I can spend a minute typing, here’s what I ordered:
    • 4-string Super J
    • Gloss pearl white finish (not Ducati)
    • Tort pickguard
    • 3X FDV pickups
    • Glockenklang preamp
    • Series/parallel switches
    • Black hardware
    • Satin finished maple neck
    • Birdseye maple fretboard
    • Non-matching headstock
    I’m very excited about this. After playing the Super PJ at The Bass Shop in Seattle along with @Selta I was convinced that this is the direction I want to go. Not apples to apples, but close enough. I don’t really want to play anything but Jazz basses these days, and for my taste this seems like the pinnacle.

8. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    SWEET!!! The Super series really are all that. :cool: The tort, bird's eye, and pearl white will pop!

9. Green Knight

Green Knight Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2016
    Hi everybody, i have a 2008 Super J5 I've been on the fence about selling, but now I've decided I want to keep it but convert it to a Super PJ. The only web store I've been able to find that stocks the P-Tone is in the UK. Are there any in North America? Thanks in advance for considering this query!

Applejacks and Peter Lufrano like this.
  10. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Thanks. I think it will work really well aesthetically... and ergonomically... and sonically... and... :smug:

11. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

Dec 15, 2007
    White Salmon, WA
    When I converted a Super J to a PJ, I bought the P pup directly from Dingwall. Along with a new pickguard.

The body was already routed, so installation was pretty straightforward. I drilled and tapped a couple holes and wired it up.

I changed the bridge pup to series while I was at it.

If your super doesn’t have series/parallel switches, (mine didn’t) you can easily rewire both to series. This moves you about 75% in the P tone direction.

Or you could have switches installed.

Green Knight and Peter Lufrano like this.
  12. Peter Lufrano

Peter Lufrano Blues. and nothing but the Blues. Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Berkeley, CA
    you should be able to purchase the P pickup directly from Dingwall. The pickguard will be a custom job however as Dingwall informed me they do not have these any longer.
    Or you can contact Mo at the Nordstrand shop and he can handle to entire conversion for you.

13. Green Knight

Oct 18, 2016
    Tough decision. There's a Valenti PJ kicking around for only a little over what it would cost to mod my existing bass. If anyone is interested in a 2008 Super J5, let's talk! #firstworldproblems

14. Green Knight

Oct 18, 2016
    Annnnd I bought the Valenti PJ. The Super J5 must go to someone who loves aggressive jazz basses and will gig the hell out of it! Or hang it on their wall, I'm not picky.

For Sale - Dingwall Super J5 minty

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Selta and Peter Lufrano like this.
  15. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Anyone here have the price/options sheet handy and can DM it to me?

Edit: Got hooked up quickly. Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Peter Lufrano likes this.
  16. Wyvern

Wyvern

Jul 6, 2019
    Pinellas, FL
    Well, I had a first failure today, right before service my combustion decided to pop then go silent, I had to find a sweet spot on the volume knob that worked, popping as I was scanning, passive mode didn't change it.
    Need to bring in my backup for 2nd service. Bummer.

17. xnewyorka

xnewyorka Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2006
    NYC Area
    Did the pot receive a sharp blow? Maybe something bumped into it, even while inside of a gig bag during transport?

18. jdwilliams

jdwilliams

May 16, 2010
    Las Vegas NV
    I joined this club over the weekend.

IMG_3492.

19. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    GregC, EMoneySC2 and singlemalt like this.
  20. spiritbass

spiritbass Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Ashland, MO
    Congratulations! The Laguna Seca blue is sweet - I have a four-string NG2 in gloss blue. :cool: