1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Dingwall Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Jan 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. graphics1988

graphics1988 Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Same. Lol.

2. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    The last sentence sums it up perfectly, we put a LOT of R&D into the Payson sets. Designed specifically for fanned Basses. Makes all the difference in the world.

Happy to have you on board.

BassikBrad, spiritbass and Iv@N like this.
  3. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm not on FB either, but you can still watch the video there as Dingwall's page is public.

graphics1988 likes this.
  4. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Add me to the no Facebook list

5. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    I do creep the public page though regularly

6. RHA III

RHA III Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Da U P eh!
    Me neither!

7. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    [​IMG]

Man - I keep drooling on this one in the classifieds. The only thing I might have done is make it all transparent orange, though I do like the color scheme. Everything else is spec'd just how I'd like it.

Then again, I was drooling on this one too (though this one is about mandolin frets and candy tangerine):
    s-l1600.jpg

I'm sure I could find a few others while I'm at it...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020 at 10:45 PM
  8. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    I bet you could....
    I know I could.
    I’m really trying hard not to though

NaH likes this.
  9. packrat

packrat Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    Wasn't that the AB that was hanging around at bassdirect for ages and looking off next to all the more recent prices? I got to play it at the london bass guitar show last year and it felt great.

Dingwall ABI 5/3, Three tone fade, Wenge neck five string bass Dingwall Bass Guitars:: USA Warwick, EU, USA, Fan fret, Neo pickups, maple neck: for sale, UK EU On offer, London, Manchester, Birmingham

B>

MDH bass likes this.
  10. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Yes, I do recall seeing this on the bassdirect website. Dunno about the prices.

11. packrat

Mar 6, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    I've linked to the bassdirect sold page and the specs and grain match. Looks like the seller has it listed for his purchase price.

B>

12. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Or just under if he paid shipping. Probably pretty close. So what was "off" price wise compared the others? Lower than expected?

13. packrat

Mar 6, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    This was a passive AB that had been around in the bassdirect stock for a while so it looks surprisingly cheap next to the other recent ABs that were also in stock. There was some discussion about it in this thread. Can confirm from first hand experience that the actualy bass is fine.

B>

14. eloann

eloann

May 14, 2012
    Switzerland
    You can set up a "virtual adress" in the US then ship stuff to yourself. I use Stackry which has been reliable. They ship tons of packages so they get discounted rates and use that to make a profit.
    Just be sure to factor in import taxes (at the very least ypur country's VAT)

CameronJohnson and Iv@N like this.
  15. packrat

Mar 6, 2017
    Sydney, Australia
    This arrived this week in trade for a non-Dingwall. My Super PJ5 is being shipped as we speak. It's going to be a good month (in shades of blue)

sp4-pj-supersonic-blue-wbw-maple-maple-ed.jpg

16. 20200215_133106.jpg
    She's back! To stay, this time around.

17. Ryno1330

Ryno1330

Jan 14, 2020
    Here are some pics (sorry the best I could do last night). It was an angled and straight plug both that I tried. I agree and I was really scratching my head that the sound would cut out in passive mode. If I would flip the switch back and forth a few times eventually I would get sound in passive mode.
    And after playing more I've noticed I that the buzz is in all modes except series bridge neck (that is silent). Either way I'll see what my local guy can figure out also - thanks.

18. Tankdave

Tankdave

Dec 2, 2009
    Wilts, UK
    Sure sounds like the switch to me.....

19. Ryno1330

Ryno1330

Jan 14, 2020
    I would agree but the strange this is after getting in the cavity and moving things around the switch is fine now but the buzz persists.

20. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    Passive was likely the difference in price (or maybe cause it wasn't moving, who knows). I always like to get active (probably cause it helps for resale), but I usually play passive. I just wish that passive was down on the push/pull.