Dingwall Owners Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Jan 7, 2008.

Tags:
  1. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    If you received the incorrect item, why not just have Payson exchange them for the correct item?

2. They are Medium scale Nickel for 5 string made for the super series 5338480C-6A41-40B7-B9D7-9ABEA2C252DC.jpeg these are the ones I normally use for my 37” Dingwall CF07263E-4272-4560-B6CD-962C2B15FF6C.jpeg I ordered them on my iPhone. So I very well could have been my fault. I’m not blaming Dingwall saying they screwed up the order. Just frustrated. I went ahead and ordered 4 packs of the correct strings. Taking extra time to make sure I ordered the right ones. I’m gonna try a set of the medium scale strings on my fender. If they work then I’ll just use those on that bass for a while, if they don’t work I guess I’ll sell the other three packs

BurningSkies likes this.
  3. AB Nate

AB Nate Supporting Member

May 28, 2016
    Just send em back if it’s their mistake. If it’s yours surely someone will take em off your hands around here.

johnsonabq, Waltsdog and Nephilymbass like this.
  4. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    A lot to agree with here. I could have said the same thing.

That said, I was at my local L and M this eve. They are the Canadian “chain of power” but they are the best store in town with the best staff.... whattdya do?
    It was nice. Picked up a head in for repair and chatted for a good 45. this store used to carry smith, Warwick, and some other decent gear.... they actually still do no wand then.... but that mostly means expensive fender or musicman.......
    Or Dingwall!!! But they are scattered. Pretty regularly there is a Chinwall on the wall though. Anyone currently looking for a 4 string combustion or NG?

either way, I go I pretty regularly just for the chat and maybe a deal on something used.

floofmusic likes this.
  5. VolverseLoco

VolverseLoco Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2018
    Las Vegas
    Chinwall? Lol.. is that a Dingwall that was currently being made in China but somehow never made it back to the USA for final assembly?

6. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    Chinese Dingwall. Not the most pleasant term really.

Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada for final assembly.

7. LowD

LowD

Apr 3, 2021
    Vernon, BC Canada
    Got my Combustion just recently from small local shop (https://www.wentworthmusic.ca/vernon). I was in a hurry to get a new bass (after house fire became bassless) and always wanted to try Dingwall. They had one Combustion dinging on the wall and Rick (store owner) brought it's own D-Rock to try. So I actually had the privilege to try two totally different necks - can't be more appreciative. Ripped the 'Made in China' sticker off from the back of the neck of Combustion and I'm happy Dingwaller now :thumbsup:
    Sound is deep and playability is great! Here is the 10 min sample of yesterday NINJAM jam where i tried different sounds (the whole session was more than 1 hour :bassist:

8. Congrats -it already sounds like you are bonding well with your Combustion!!!;)

Andyman001, AB Nate and LowD like this.
  9. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

Mar 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    Nice, I love my Combustion and I have a D-Roc on the way. How would you describe the difference between the necks?

Andyman001 likes this.
  10. LowD

LowD

Apr 3, 2021
    Vernon, BC Canada
    Combustion neck felt same as my MusicMan Reflex neck (and same as Stingray I believe). D-Rock neck is more rounded, felt like Gibson to me (Rick said it's more like P Bass).

11. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

Mar 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    Good to know, thanks!

12. AB Nate

May 28, 2016
    The necks have the same specs

Bass Specs | Dingwall Guitars

I personally have experienced variance though from one production bass to the next.

Waltsdog likes this.
  13. Bozendoka

Bozendoka

Mar 13, 2011
    Minnesota
    Fair point. My Combustion is a v1, too, I thought I read that the necks have gotten thinner. Anyway, I guess I'll find out for myself hopefully soon.

hybass likes this.
  14. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    I'll trade with you for a couple sets... I have sets of long scale on hand and don't have any shorties right now.

15. If you have the long nickel I’d be happy to do that

Andyman001 likes this.
  16. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Yeah, I just checked my stock and I'll even trade for all 4 if you want. Yep. they're nickel/steel long scales. Lets discuss by PM.

Hoarders, bass string edition:
    View attachment 4245292

Actually some additional ones since I took this picture...I have some Newtones and I bought a handful of extra-long scale 6's to try on my BTB Fretless.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  17. Sounds great

18. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Since it won't let me edit/add a photo...

IMG_0183.jpg

19. NaH

NaH Supporting Member

Mar 14, 2010
    That would last me quite a while. :laugh:

LowD and J R Knots like this.
  20. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    I'm 'frugal' with strings, cleaning them a few times before changing them out, but I also seem to kill them pretty quickly while playing live. That's not as mucha problem anymore but what with 4 of the longscales and one of the medium scales, not bad to have some strings on hand.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021