1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Everybody still loving their X2 wireless?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cb56, Jul 18, 2007.

1. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I'm ready to buy a wireless. Is this still the best one for bass between$350-$400?

2. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    nobody?

3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

Logs on to find out. It's about time for me a new wireless, too!

dcr

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    no complaints here after 5/6 months

5. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just ordered one yesterday. Found one for $300.00 used sparingly. :hyper:

Really looking forward to this piece of gear.

6. lonegroover

lonegroover

Jul 16, 2006
    am playing a wireless as tone is that close to cabled. No regrets after around 4 months.

go for it

7. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    well, a possible gear trade has caused me to put this purchase on hold. If the trade falls through I'll order one.

8. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Oh, one more thing. Since the x2 is a digital wireless, do I still need to worry about what channel the other wireless users in my band have? They all have traditional wireless units, guitars and vocal headsets.

9. sincity

sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    Connecticut
    Just played my first gig with the X2.

I am super impressed with the X2. Sound quality was superb, no loss of low end, no delay when I was standing 50' away.

This was an outdoor gig, and the freedom to move about and sound check the band as well as my tone was worth every cent.

Also, setting this unit up was incredibly easy.

10. I've had mine since January and gigged with it at least 30-40 times. Absolutely no problems and no complaints.

I was not willing to spend for a top-dollar wireless, but this one performs like a top-dollar one but at a fraction of the cost. This distance and line-of-sight "limitations" are not concerns for me because I do not move out of line-of-sight and do not venture more than 100 feet from my rig. The five channels is also not a concern for me because we don't normally perform with more than one other band.

It has been one of the best purchases I've ever made.

11. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Last time I set mine up, it didn't work. The batteries were brand new, so I don't think it was that. Haven't had the time to trouble-shoot since then.

12. Mine didn't work once because I inadvertantly switched channels on the transmitter. Another time it didn't work because I didn't plug the cable into the transmitter. It's not working now because I'm 27 miles from home.

:bag:

13. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    ok, ordered mine. Should be here in a few days.

14. Mo' bass

Mo' bass

May 4, 2000
    Netherlands
    Too bad the X2 is illegal in The Netherlands. It's on the frequency of one of our mobile phone networks so I'm not even gonna try..

Oh and this is not a link too.

15. ;)

16. rob2966

rob2966

Oct 19, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    Just ordered myself one, AMS has them on for $300 new, couldn't say no to that. Been finding the cable between the bass and pedalboard really annoying lately. Add to that the benefit for soundcheck and overall "fun" on stage and I think it is a no-brainer. Will see if I can convince our guitar player to get one as well :).

Hopefully will be here in a few days.

Later
    Rob

17. BFISHER1970

BFISHER1970 Supporting Member

Dec 14, 2005
    Pensacola, Florida
    Thanks for the tip on AMS! I just ordered one also:smug: 3 easy payments of $99.99
    sweet!

18. CBBass123

CBBass123 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2005
    Texas
  19. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    What the heck!!! I ordered mine sunday from AMS and it was $349. Why I oughta send it back when I get it tomorrow and re order it for $50 cheaper.

20. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    Thanks for the heads up on the price drop folks. I called AMS and they said they would credit my paypal acct $50 in the next 3-5 days. Well see if it happens or not. If not that could affect future sales:ninja: