Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Gotta agree with the 500c suggestions. I loved the one I had and the only reason I returned it was to upgrade to the 800 Stage. Honestly, if you don't already own a mountain of effects pedals the 800 is well worth the extra $200 bucks over the cost of the 500c but if you're looking for a great sound that's simply ready to play out of the box then the 500c is probably your best bet. The Stage isn't as complicated to play around with as a lot of reviews make it out to be but there is a very real threat of falling down a signal chain rabbit hole and spending more time playing with effects than you spend actually playing. That being said, I can dig a trip down the rabbit hole.

2. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Lmao! Good one!:roflmao:

RedVee, Giffro, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  3. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    I am currently living most of the time in a house I own in an oil producing area. They pump it here, refine it in SoCal or NoCal, and sell it back to us at an outrageous price.

4. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    :rollno:

GonePlaid likes this.
  5. Also, Australian made instruments and amps are by their very nature "boutique" and thus expensive.

Let's get the word out to our international brethren. Tell me that these Cole Clark Long Ladies don't look nice....
    Long Lady Bass Guitars | Cole Clark Bass Guitars

RedVee, Giffro, LazerCrazer and 2 others like this.
  6. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Can’t beat it at that price.

EatS1stBassist, Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  7. Man, I could get down on that.
    Need two batteries to get her excited?

8. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    If that’s the case, order a Rumble 40 from a vendor who ships for free, as most do. You can easily justify the $200. It’s by far the best “practice” amp available for the money. Rumble 25 is also a great choice at $100; I like it more than the 15s I’ve tried for only 20 bucks more than a new 15. Little extra headroom....

9. CallMeAl

CallMeAl

Dec 2, 2016
    Ithaca Ny
    Thanks! I knew there was a lot of love for the 200c here, but also not really surprised at all the 500c recommendations either. Not really into FX or amp models... built in compression would be nice, does it have a HPF?

anyways, I like the simplicity. Plug n play, P bass and a rumble baby! :bassist:

10. I don't have one... yet! GAS...!

Giffro and LazerCrazer like this.
  11. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Seems to me I've read it does have a built in HPF, freqs unknown.

12. Axstar

Axstar Inactive

Jul 8, 2016
    Scotland.
    I finally gigged my Rumble last night! Friend's wedding, with no PA support. Bass, acoustic guitar, and trad Scottish instruments. I had to leave my amp at the venue overnight, but was able to retrieve it today. The venue was a Jesuit hall, so there were lots of Jesuit people milling around today. I felt like I was on some sort of secret mission sneaking around this maze of corridors to get my gear back.

My Rumble 100 fits in my car nicely.

[​IMG]

13. It has everything. A simple compressor with low, mid, high and max settings for a quick fix. A full compressor with considerable control over gain, threshold, ratio, attack and release. Simple parametric eq, global eq presets for quick room adjustments, a couple 7band EQ options. Amp and cab emulation. Multiple chorus, trem, flanger, etc. Envelope filters, step filter, pitch shifter... a whole pile of fuzzy distorted stomp box emulators for the drive junkies. You see where I'm going with this. It's a lot. The only thing I'm even still dead set on getting for my board is an EHX Attack Decay. Probably more for guitar anyways though. I'm all kinds of GASsy for a 3 Leaf GR2 but my hopes aren't high.

I've said it a couple times though, the V3 Vintage amp preset sounds dead on the 500c I had, best I can tell. A decade of sheet metal machining takes its toll on a fellow's ears though. You get a lot of features for the additional cost of about one good pedal.

Has anybody shot them a message regarding this yet? I haven't bugged them too much yet. They might still answer my messages.
    Unlike my guitarist...

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  14. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    I'm fairly certain someone in the club knows the answer-just not me.:sorry:

EatS1stBassist and Giffro like this.
  15. More relevant to the 200c vs 500c predicament though, I'm a go big or go home guy. It takes a lot more power to push the low end around a room than it does to melt brains with guitars.

16. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Giffro, GonePlaid and LazerCrazer like this.
  17. I remember reading through that while you guys were still unknowingly influencing my purchasing decisions lol.
    Any designs to add a Stage/Studio category to the talks page? I think I recall it being mentioned once before.
    I'm a chatty Kathy.

GonePlaid likes this.
  18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Can you be more specific about what you'd like to see? Or, you can PM me to discuss one-on-one.

Giffro and GonePlaid like this.
  19. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Can you be more specific about what you'd like to see? Or, you can PM me to discuss one-on-one.

GonePlaid and LazerCrazer like this.
  20. Sure.

GonePlaid likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021