1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. It does kinda look like Home Depot in here don't it. Like if they decide that we all had to live in sheet metal sheds.

Gone, gone, house of wood...

GonePlaid and Stumbo like this.
  2. richwag

richwag

Dec 14, 2018
    Yep, I have a Broughton HPF. Does a nice job with my 500c. I have it set somewhere around 60 to 70hz.

I too felt that 500c starting sounded flabby from the open A down. The HPF cleaned that up nicely.

3. richwag

richwag

Dec 14, 2018
    Yep, mine's never off with any of my basses.

4. Perfect! This is what I wanted to hear! Thanks!

GonePlaid likes this.
  5. Which Broughton model HPF did you go with? I noticed they have a couple different models.

GonePlaid likes this.
  6. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016
    Happy Fender Friday!
    Rumble 800 HD with 4 210s.jpg
    Rumble On!

Thundar, JPDsma, LazerCrazer and 5 others like this.
  7. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    Fellow Stage/Studio owners, what presets have you been digging and how has your experience been with making your own?

LazerCrazer and randini like this.
  8. I use the KGB800 preset or the Basic Showman as a starting point for most everything. I use the Motown preset for a couple songs, mostly Low Rider. I've really been digging the Ready Freddie preset I pulled down off the app. Think it's a Freddie Washington upload, maybe by him, maybe by Fender. Oh, and I like the Love of Money Preset for... well you guessed it. The Funk Envelope and Bootsy Funk presets are really squishy and mamma told me not to play my bass underwater so I'll probably make my own envelope filters. I did play around with the filter parameters a little.
    Haven't settled on a preset for slap yet but I don't get slappy with it except for if I'm playing Shakey Ground without a drummer present. Can't remember what I was using for Living in the Past by Tull but I think it was probably the Showman. The Shimmer bass preset is fun when you're showing the amp off.
    I'm sure there's lots of nice distortion for the overdrive junkies but I usually just scroll till the humming stops.

GonePlaid likes this.
  9. I just ordered the $95 one. I will let you know how it works for me in a week or so.

Stumbo, GonePlaid and JPDsma like this.
  10. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

I probably haven't mentioned it (more than 99 times, or so) but, I really, really, really love the #9 "Deep Rumble" preset!!! It's got a real solid attack with a rich, creamy deepness that resonates with my soul! I also really like "Three Days", "Roundabout" and "Rubber Soul Fuzz", and most of the others, too. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to spend any time tweaking or makng my own presets yet. :whistle:

LazerCrazer, GonePlaid and Bluzlvr like this.
  11. postalflunkie

postalflunkie Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2013
    Westerville, Ohio
    I found that most of the presets that I just wanted to like, but couldn't fall in love with came alive just by changing the speaker cab and/or compression settings. But my favorite so far came from the Tone app downloads called "Alembic F-2B". This preset with my active bass can pull off anything from Jaco to dub just by fiddling with my bass.

12. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Check out this cool practice amp review. Go Rumble!

13. jdshimkoski

jdshimkoski

Jun 26, 2019
    Question for you all,

I was just at a music store and came across a Fender Rumble 200. I was planning on getting a 500 but this one was too good of a deal to pass up.

Now that I’m at home, I’m having slight buyer’s remorse as I worry the 200 won’t be able to hold up in a loud band situation at a medium sized venue (without PA support). Its crazy loud here but its hard to tell without being in the actual situation.

For all of you veterans of the Rumble 200, how has it held up for you all? Do you need the 15” extension cab in that sort of situation? Does the 200 even work in that situation?

Thanks in advance!

14. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Cool! Bass Buzz head-to-head comparison of:
    Acoustic B15 . . . . . . . . .$110 . . . 15 watts . . . 10" speaker
    Eden EC10 . . . . . . . . . . .$200 . . . 50 watts . . . 10" speaker
    Ampeg BA-110 . . . . . . . $180 . . . 40 watts . . . 10" speaker
    Hartke HD75 Hydrive . .$250 . . . 75 watts . . . 12" speaker
    Fender Rumble 40. . . . .$200 . . . 40 watts . . . 10" speaker​

Stumbo, chupacerveza and GonePlaid like this.
  15. I ran into the same problem. I had to turn up the 200c too much with my band. It was barely loud enough with a loud band.
    I now use a peavey 210 cabinet with mine and I got another 200c without the head (essentially another 15) to try. I like the 210 cab with the 200c. The 210 with the 15 of the combo seems to be a bit fuller more to my ears. It is much louder with an extension cab because it allows the full 200 watts to be used.
    Get an extension cab, it will wake that sucker up.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  16. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Chillin' n Grillin' on the Best Coast
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    The 200c can really punch above its weight with an extension cab.

If you Add a HPF to protect the speakers and remove the sub-sonic mud, you'll punch like a 300c and move up another class! :thumbsup:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  17. jdshimkoski

jdshimkoski

Jun 26, 2019
    Which Fender Rumble cab makes the most sense with the 200?

The obvious one is the 115 but it kills me that it isn’t matching dimensions.

How is the Fender Rumble 210 cab with the 200?

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  18. You will get a ton of different responses. It is all in your ear. I would have bought a rumble 210 cab if I would have found one at the time locally. I recommend trying to find the rumble stuff because it is lightweight. I like the cheap peavey sound with the combo, but it is heavy. My goal for this rig was lighter weight. The peavey blew that, but I like how it sounds. I would still like to find a rumble 210 to try with it. Try multiple cabs. I sometimes play my ampeg v4 412 cab with my rumble and I like it also. Just try to play a bunch of cabs with it.

19. Thanks. Funny, that’s the same one I was going to order. Yes... PLEASE let me know your thoughts on how it works for you.

JPDsma, Aaron Houts and Mcboomport like this.
  20. jdshimkoski

jdshimkoski

Jun 26, 2019
    Thanks.

GonePlaid likes this.