Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. vancamp

vancamp

Jan 22, 2008
    Oregon
    Sure... the FX Send will have all the voicing from the preamp.

GonePlaid and chupacerveza like this.
  2. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    Yes.
    There is also 4 cable method to go in front and use the effects send and return.

3. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Huh? Please elaborate!

Aaron Houts and GonePlaid like this.
  4. Michael B

Michael B

Dec 16, 2015
    Lowell, MA
    35E9D33B-1D79-44D0-BB4A-2CC1023273A0.jpeg
    The Helix and other multis can be setup so you can assign some effects in front of the amp and others in the effects loop.

5. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Shazam!
    PSX_20190802_143447.jpg

6. JakobT

JakobT

Jan 9, 2014
    Oslo, Norway
    I have little to add to what my Rumble Club brethren have already stated. :)

7. Rizillin

Rizillin

Jul 2, 2012
  8. So before I post a photo and ask for a number...I must ask a question about fan noise on the Rumble 200. Because I never heard a fan on the 500 and I can hear this one. It's not at a level where it's problematic in terms of sound (I don't think), but it's a little worrisome to me.

9. jdshimkoski

jdshimkoski

Jun 26, 2019
    I don’t recall ever hearing a fan on my 200c when I had it.

Then again, I always had the volume up decently loud to where I wouldn’t have been able to hear one anyway.

10. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention Rumble Stage and Studio fans:

Rumble Stage 800 owner @Droopy_TX has taken up a labor of love and expanded on the written Presets List to include ALL the parameters for all the stock presets in a user friendly spreadsheet and in easily referenced PDF files!

The files are in a Dropbox folder linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page in the Tone App Support section. And here are the Usage Notes for these files:

The Fender Rumble Club is introducing a tool to capture locally (i.e. outside of the amp storage and Fender Tone Cloud) the parameters of presets created on the Fender Studio 40 or Rumble Stage 800.

The tool is essentially a standardized template created in a MS-Excel compatible spreadsheet. The template provides a listing of the parameters for each amp model and effects module for quick and easy transcription. To illustrate its use, a complete listing of all current stock presets created using to template has been included.

The current version of the template spreadsheet, the stock presets spreadsheet, and PDFs illustrating the spreadsheet content is stored in the following Dropbox folder:
    Dropbox - FENDER_RUMBLE - Simplify your life

The Dropbox folder currently contains these four (4) files:

RUMBLE PRESET TEMPLATE (STUDIO 40_STAGE 800).xlsx
    The main spreadsheet containing the "preset builder template".

RUMBLE STOCK PRESETS (STUDIO 40_STAGE 800).xlsx
    The spreadsheet containing all of the Studio 40/Stage 800 stock presets documented using the "preset builder template".

RUMBLE PRESET TEMPLATE - PARAMETERS.pdf

PDF file showing the contents of the "preset builder template" spreadsheet.

RUMBLE PRESET TEMPLATE - STOCK PRESETS.pdf

PDF file showing the contents of the stock preset spreadsheet.

PRESET TEMPLATE BUILDER INSTRUCTIONS
    The instructions for using the "preset builder template" spreadsheet are simple:
    • Create a preset on the Rumble 40 or 800 as normal, using either the Tone App or the amp front panel.
    • Open the RUMBLE PRESET TEMPLATE (STUDIO 40_STAGE 800).xlsx file in a compatible spreadsheet application (e.g. MS-Excel, Apple Numbers, Google Sheets, OpenOffice Calc).
    • Duplicate the ‘Preset Template’ worksheet to create a new worksheet in which to document a new preset.
    In the new worksheet:
    • Name the new preset, and indicate the preset slot number, if desired.
    NOTE: Each amp and effect module uses 2 spreadsheet rows to contain the parameter label, and a field for its value.
    • For each module in your, move or copy the 2-row entry for the amp and each effect module into the the appropriate position in the MODULE section (PRE-FX, AMP, POST-FX) to represent your preset’s signal path. If use more than one instance of the same effect, simply duplicate any entries as needed.
    • Once you have populated all modules in your signal path into the MODULE section, you can either delete the rows for the unused modules for a clean look, or leave them there if you think you might change the preset.
    • Walk through each of the parameters using either the Tone App or the front panel on the amp, and manually transcribe the values of each field to the template.
    • Once you done entering the parameter values, save your work.
    NOTE: The order of the fields in the template is based on the order in which they appear in the Tone App since most people will be using the app. However, the parameter order varies between the app and the amp’s front panel. Also, some screen variances have been noted between the iOS and Android app versions. Be careful when transcribing the data. If you are not seeing some of fields in the app, be sure to check to see if you need to scroll the screen. If you are still not seeing some of the data in the app, you can always get to the parameters from the amp’s front panel.

Rumble On!

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    HalfStep, ivorytower, Bluzlvr and 8 others like this.
  11. chupacerveza

chupacerveza Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Thanks Droopy_TX and G-Dog!

Aaron Houts and G-Dog like this.
  12. chupacerveza

chupacerveza Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Curious how the 800HD fits in to the class and ICE/SMPS amplifier scheme... I’ll bet it’s been discussed but can’t find it immediately. Thanks for pointing it out if you know.

Fender Rumble Club

treyandres and Aaron Houts like this.
  13. MCF

MCF

Sep 1, 2014
    US
    Best hundred dollar amp on the market IMO. Gets plenty loud, but Not sure I’d play out with it.

Aaron Houts, pcake and GonePlaid like this.
  14. I do an open mic night regularly where the stage amp is a Rumble 40 (I think). Full bands with drums. It is not loud enough for that situation so it's hard for me to imagine that a 25 would be (and this might even be a 25. Not sure). Big stage, LOUD stage, and it just doesn't cut through.

OTOH I am playing with my new 200 and...I think I really like it! I think I like it way better than the 500 although that may just be me wanting to like it way better than the 500 lol! But it just has a very satisfying thump and clarity to it. And I don't need a dolly to schlep it out to my car -- que milagro!

The fan is less noisy today. I can barely hear it now. About the only thing I can come up with is that this amp sat in a house for a couple of years and was apparently never played (the seller told me this and I believe her. It's spotless). Maybe it just needed to blow the dust off or something.

15. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Thanks, chupa, but it's all @Droopy_TX on this one. A technical Herculean effort. @Gravedigger Dav and I offered encouragement and support when consulted. But Droop had the vision and energy to start it, and then push it above and beyond to the current fully informational and usable state.

Thank you, @Droopy_TX !
    Rumble On!

16. dougjwray

dougjwray

Jul 20, 2005
    A follow-up to my post about the 500 head cutting out when I turned on the overdrive...
    Well, as G-Dog suggested, I had both overdrive knobs all the way down.
    The amp is fine.
    The repair guy is disappointed.
    I'm an idiot. (But I did save money, thanks to G-Dog!)

Giffro, Aaron Houts, Rocker47 and 7 others like this.
  17. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    But an idiot with a heavier wallet.:thumbsup:

18. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Whew! :jawdrop: Well, thanks, dougie, for confirming that "mute switch" tip! Sorry you had to get the repairman's hopes up, but glad it worked out for you!!

Thanks go to @bassliner50 for posting this idea to the Returned My Rumble 40 thread!

PS: I can't believe this "trick" has been available for 5 years and is just now coming to light!? So I've added it to the Rumble Talks section of the Rumble Club Wiki page.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2019
  19. acostaa

acostaa

Aug 3, 2019
    Don’t mean to hijack ongoing discussions, but I resolved an issue I was having with my 500 combo. Top 10” speaker began producing a noticeable buzz that resonated through the baffle. Particularly low C and D#. Tightening or loosening screws on speaker and throughout combo did not help the issue. Was considering adding acoustic foam to the back of the baffle. As an experiment I laid thin strips of loop velcro (not hook!) between each of the speaker screw holes and the speaker cutout. I then laid the speaker back in, with speaker now laying flat on the velcro strips and screwed speaker back in. It worked! Can hear no more resonant hum, and deep notes feel tight and solid. Reading previous posts about this centered on defective speaker and/or rattle coming from other parts of the room, etc. In my case speaker was creating resonant buzz through a weaker part of the combo. Velcro strips eliminated most if not all of the resonance. Hope this helps others. Cheers,

20. *ahem* Here is my Rumble 200. May I have a number please?

IMG_7996.JPG

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021