Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Hey Guys, Has anyone using The Stage 800 at a gig used the di out on the amp ? When I used my Rumble 500 I wasn't the biggest fan of the di out on it and was using a .MXR M81 Preamp..I would like to go post EG to get my sound coming out of the PA...Thanks

2. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    i'm using the send on my rumble 100 into a Two Notes CAB M and it sounds great thru the PA. i also have a Mooer Radar and it sounds really good too. i just prefer the CAB M a little more because it has an output level right on the top of it, plus it has more settings and an XLR output.

chupacerveza and alanloomis1980 like this.
  3. chupacerveza

chupacerveza Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I keep a keep a can of glossy black paint around for various items that make their way to the stage like your board. I had thought flat black would have been the way to go, but glossy looks better on stage in my opinion. I’ve also used black spray-on undercoating for a couple of items that might benefit from friction or protection from hard use, if you wanna get fancy. Good job on finding an expedient solution!

4. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    I run post EQ on my Stage 800 to FOH and it works fine. I just try really hard not to change volume on stage so as to change the mix out front.

GonePlaid and chupacerveza like this.
  5. bassdeal

bassdeal

Jan 6, 2018
    Thanks @chupacerveza for the color suggestion. I am lousy at painting houses but I think I could handle painting a board.

GonePlaid and chupacerveza like this.
  6. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

1. nitro, as you can see from this closeup view below, the Stage 800 (and Studio 40) has, by default, both a Pre-EQ XLR Out and a Post-EQ XLR Out (both mono, by default, but adjustable to Stereo!). Ideally, you should run both to FOH where the soundman may chose to mix them to give as close to your carefully crafted Post tone as he can get. IIRC, I've read of more than one who has done just that with great results. ;)

B. fixxy, the post-Master affect on the non-modeling Rumbles' XLR Out is greatly exaggerated! See the real world experiences and testimonies linked in the Rumble XLR Out Volume Levels section of the Rumble Club Wiki page linked in my signature. Not to worry about adjusting your Rumble 500 Master, within reason. :thumbsup:

PSX_20200123_165055.jpg

Cardy! I thought you knew! The Stage & Studio XLR Outs are NOT affected by the Master! No worries about FOH whatsoever if you need to change volume onstage! (This link is also in the Stage & Studio section of the Rumble Club Wiki page linked in my signature.) :cool:

Let's Fire Up Our Ru-um-bles!

Last edited: Jan 23, 2020
    MCF, chupacerveza, GonePlaid and 2 others like this.
  7. Cardsfan_69

Cardsfan_69

Jan 21, 2019
    Iowa
    I have forgotten many things, this being another fine example. I will crank stage volume to disproportionately loud levels fearlessly now! Drummer beware!

8. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    G-Dog Thanks man...
    So the thing is to make sure all Presets are the same volume..

MCF likes this.
  9. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

The thing is, since the Master does not affect the Stage's XLR Out level, you're quite free to adjust the Master for any desired stage volume(s), as needed, between different presets for different songs. OR you can pre-adjust the volumes of the different presets you plan to use so as to minimize your stage adjustments. The choice is yours. :D

Even if you pre-adjust some presets, don't be afraid to try a new, unadjusted one. Just adjust it at the time you try it, as needed. :thumbsup:

HTH.

MCF, chupacerveza and GonePlaid like this.
  10. sgtpepper

sgtpepper

Jan 22, 2010
    Mexico City
    Alright, guys. So today I want to share a little DIY post. It is well known that Fender Rumble amps have flimsy cheap grill logos so I decided to fix that (pardon my OCD).
    So I decided to put an end to it. I bought a Fender Flat Amp Logo, that looks just like the Rumble but a little bigger and made from real metal, and replaced the ugly plastic one. I did have to make new holes for the 4 new screws but this was an easy job. No need to use a drill, just a screwdriver and human force, very straightforward. Here are the pics. Hope this helps.

FBDC745F-E14D-4DB5-87D9-100BDC2F7D12.jpeg 3B19D89D-4571-4D7D-BBD7-E71FDD5B4AB8.jpeg 5082B5E0-8B38-4A00-A358-A65A75664771.jpeg 851FEE53-FBBB-4BB7-B169-E34617E19C8D.jpeg B8CA6A45-A693-4461-8672-F82FB8237D98.jpeg

Attached Files:

MrNylon, nitrofix, MCF and 12 others like this.
  11. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, @sgtpepper, for sharing your logo changeout! sgt, your post of your new flat metal Fender logo has been linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page near the middle of the Rumble Modifications section, second under the pic of the Fender blackface logo. This is a fine example of a straightforward, logical logo changeout that makes good sense without changing the original aesthetics of the amp. Bully, I say, bully for you!

Thanks, peppito, for sharing this. I'd like to think that I will do this one, too, when the time comes. Unfortunately, the actual original 2 screw logo is not readily available on the market. And, while I see the allure of the blackface logo, I believe this readily available 4 screw flat metal logo is more true to the Rumble tradition going all the way back to the first, all tube Custom Shop Rumble of the mid '90s. Bravo, sir! Bravo! :thumbsup:

Rumble On!

12. sgtpepper

sgtpepper

Jan 22, 2010
    Mexico City
    Wow! I certainly wasn’t expecting this. Thank you for the kind words and for adding it to the wiki page.

13. pbass74

pbass74

Sep 19, 2015
    Sunland, CA
    HAPPY FENDER FRIDAY!
    Well, today was a really cool Rumble opportunity. I play in an all-volunteer work band and each year for the last five years we've been asked to play for a big company awards presentation. We get to play for an hour before the presentations and then one final song as everyone is leaving. I used my Rumble 200 and played half the show with my almost new Ibanez SR-875. The second half I played my one owner '75 Precision. (The old & the new). Rumble MOJO was dripping from the ceiling!. With the Ibanez, I left the vintage button off, but turned it on for the Precision. Both sounded fantastic. Here's a photo of my rig for the day and the empty venue. (It filled up most of the way, I believe). image001.jpg P1010870.JPG

Relayer71, MCF, amoodymule and 11 others like this.
  14. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    I love my Rumble 200c!

15. MakoMan

MakoMan

Oct 17, 2011
    Ottawa, Canada
    Not a bad idea! I'll see what I can do :)

GonePlaid and G-Dog like this.
  16. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

giphy.gif

OooOoo! Those golden globs of growling goodness! Such vivid imagery, pb. :thumbsup:

17. nitrofix

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    I was talking about the level sent to the FOH from the DI on the amp, we don't have a soundman just the singer going out front on occasion to check levels and the mix

GonePlaid likes this.
  18. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    A yard or so of black cloth would probably work well in this situation. Easier to hide cables if necessary, too.

(Edit)
    P.S. Was thinking also, if you have an amp cover, maybe just drape it over the front.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  19. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Oh, I see. Yes, you may need to adjust relative volumes of the presets you intend to use so that the levels sent to FOH are consistent. As I said previously, I believe I've read of most Stage 800 owners going thru the presets they plan to use live and "leveling" them so they don't have to change volume or gain settings between songs. I just always thought of that as stage volume, but maybe some of them might have been "leveling" the XLR Out levels, I'm not sure. But, since the XLR Out level are fixed in general, I wouldn't expect much adjustment to be needed.

Hey, you Stage 800 owners, do any of you check the XLR Out levels of the presets you use for consistency to FOH?

chupacerveza likes this.
  20. John Stephen

John Stephen Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2018
    SF Bay Area
    On another subject, does anybody use a portable 120V power supply for your Rumble amp, one of the rechargeable kind? I did a search on this, but the only threads I came up with were ten years old. I have gigs where I have to run a very long extension cord to reach the electrical outlet, and I'm wondering if any of the newer portable rechargeable power boxes (generators?) will do the trick. Curious if any of you have tried these, and sorry if I'm repeating a question that has already been answered.

MCF and chupacerveza like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021