Fender Rumble Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BumbleB, Mar 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

Scoot! You came! Awright! @Scooter Johnson, you are now member #1299 in the Fender Rumble Club. Congratulations and welcome. Put that number in your TB Signature for instant recognition as a bassist of distinction. Then, check out the Rumble Club Wiki page for all kindsa Rumbling info.

Tell us of your bass experience in general and your Rumble journey in particular. We have all kinds here, so you're bound to fit in. And, of course, we all love to ... ...

Rumble On!

2. wctesla

wctesla

Jul 8, 2018
    Welcome to the club, they'll send you a number. I'm a proud LT25 owner (and 100 too)...Sometimes I plug the headphone output of my 25 into the return on my 100 and get the fun of the 25 effects with the power amp of the 100...love the 25 by itself too. Congrats....

3. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

My, oh, my, F5vey! @F5veByF5ve, you are now member #1300 in the Fender Rumble Club. A very extra special congratulations and welcome. Quite the milestone!

Celebrating ....
    Nearly 8 years!
    Almost 44,000 posts!
    Over 2.5 million views!!!
    Now 1,300 members!!
    We must be doing something right!

F5vey, tell us about yourself and your Rumble journey. It's great to have you with us. Now is the time when all Rumblers should most righteously ... ...

R U M B L E ON!!!

Come on, now ... ...

Let's Fire Up Those Rumbles!!

4. GonePlaid

GonePlaid "It needs a bridge cover" Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2016
    Southeast FL
    Well, 'nuther gig tomorrow. Local restaurant in Hobe Sound, FL. 9AM!-12. Aacck! 67TBird>R100. Been using a phaser lately just for gits and shiggles. Guitar, drums, me, and a sax man the drummer knows will be sitting in. S'posed to be quite the pro. Little bit of dinner(breakfast?)music, some R&R, and ?. I'll prolly wake up around the middle of the 2nd set. My voice oughta be in real fine form at that hour.

Not.
    EDIT: forgot to mention: crappy pay.:(

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
  5. F5veByF5ve

F5veByF5ve

Nov 28, 2020
    WA
    Thank You @G-Dog for #1300. My Rumble 25 will make the club proud. I recently purchased my 5th bass. My first 4 are all passive four strings. So, I plug in with a SansAmp Tech 21 to hone the brightness. My new bass though is a completely different story. It’s a Schecter Stiletto Stealth-4 (active). I plugged in clean to the Rumble and inside of 5 minutes easily found great agreeable tone. Once again, Fenders quality and ease of use just makes me smile. Sometime down the road another FENDER will be sitting right next to it.

6. TheMaartian

TheMaartian Always forward. Never straight.

Sep 23, 2014
    Flagstaff, AZ
    So, y'all gonna call yourselves...

R-699886-1518247540-3755.jpeg.jpg

7. Yesterday I added a Fender Rumble 100 to my amp collection. today I put all my amps, other than my little pocket amp, together for a picture.
    #1 Joyo 10watt battery/electric bass amp
    #2 Fender Rumble 15 bass amp (about 10 years old)
    #3 New Fender Rumble 100 bass amp
    #4 Acoustic B25C bass amp 25watt
    #5 California 10watt guitar amp... cheap with buzz
    #6 Rogue 15watt guitar amp ... Sold to me with my Rogue bass by Guitar Center... it is not a bass amp and works well as a guitar amp but not with the low tones of a bass.

6AMPS.jpg

8. tothemax

tothemax

Nov 1, 2013
    Annapolis Area
    Following up on my original post on boosting my Rumble 40 for practices using the DI to the PA. Tested it yesterday - it's not going make the cut. We practice with a minimum PA setup, since we have all haul everything to the practice space. Basically the PA and a pair of 12" Yamaha wedge monitors. Adding the Rumble to it will muddy up the vocals.
    My goal was to get away from hauling my BA-115 to practice, the Rumble 40 is so portable. Just not enough power to keep up with the full band. I'm definitely considering upgrading and am on the fence between the Rumble 100 (1x12") and the new Peavey 112 Max (200w). Price points are within $50. Anyone had a chance to compare with the Peavey being a new model. If it helps my main bass is Fender P-Bass.

Granted this is the Rumble club... ;)

9. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, all ye members of the Fender Rumble Club, for joining and sharing your Rumblings here. To celebrate this latest milestone, the current Membership List, aka Roster, has been attached here and linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page in the Rumble Club Membership Lists section. You have created a great Rumblers neighborhood in the overall TalkBass community. Thank you, for making it such an amazing place!

While the information and discussions here are always of interest, I very much appreciate the civility and genuine helpfulness that shines through, too. Thank you for that, very much. Have a great 2021, and . . . .

Rumble On!

Attached Files:

10. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Gets a 200c and do not look back! Lol IMHO

11. Hi people!!! I have a Rumble Studio 40 for home practicing and the amp is great, every day I finish playing with the effects and different combinations, it’s insane. And the amp for a low wattage it sounds amazing, the cab simulations works very well. But I have a question for anyone that owns the same amp, a thing that bugs me ultimately.

Some made presets that I use more than others and apply some modifications and saves are highlighted in yellow color instead of blue. Normally when you save or the other presets are in blue, or in red if you modified and not saved them, but some of them are in yellow even if I save the last modify.

Is this something bad?

I assume this is a silly question because the amp and the presets works without problem but I want to know the reason of that.

Thanks in advance!!!

12. B Dax

B Dax

Sep 8, 2018
    That has to do with it being in your favorites set list.

mcclurer16, chupacerveza and G-Dog like this.
  13. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, @Droopy_TX, for sharing that info! Droo, your explanation of the Pitch Shifter effect on the Stage & Studio amps to detune, or drop tune, has been linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page near the middle of the Tone App Support section, at the end of the Droopy_TX Preset Experience sub-section. This is a terrific example of helping each other get the most put of these super-versatile bass modeling amps.

Thanks, Droo, for your sharing, and you too, @Gsnorgathon, for first confirming that this effect can do this job. :thumbsup:

Rumble On!

14. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

You're absolutely right, Daxy! Thanks! This question was even asked a few months ago in the Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800 sub-thread of The Club by none other than the certifiedTM Rumble genius, @JakobT!

Peter, you should post a pic of your Rumble here in the overall Fender Rumble Club and get a free membership number. Then go to the LT25, Studio &Stage sub-thread to discuss these great, but extremely versatile, bass modeling amps. ;)

Ronzo, RColie, EatS1stBassist and 2 others like this.
  15. Thanks a lot for the link to the thread G-Dog!!! Solve my doubt. I’m gonna post the pic of my Rumble Studio 40! Great amp indeed, this little bastard never stop to impress me every day I use it.

16. My buddy bought a used Rumble 100 about 6 months back. I borrowed it for for a while and didn't care for the boomy sound it had. Since then he's replaced the stock speaker with an EMI Beta-12A and put some stuffin' in the cabinet to damp the sound a bit and it sounds pretty decent now.

I'm borrowing it again to compare to my newly acquired Rumble 40. In fact, I think I like it better than my 40 as it seems to be smoother sounding. The stock driver in the 40 has a bit of edginess to it.

BETA-12A-2 - Loudspeakers | Eminence Speaker

cratz2 and Miles_ONeal like this.
  17. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Yeah, Morby, the Beta is mentioned frequently in the 100 thread of the Rumble Speaker Replacements sub-section of the Rumble Club Wiki page. You might be interested in Astrosonic's first R40 speaker replacement thread there. A cheap, easy and reversible first step would be just putting a little polyfil in the ports, or behind the speaker. Good luck!

First, be sure your Rumble is out of warranty before doing any non-reversible modifications.

18. Thank you! I'll check it out.

19. tothemax

tothemax

Nov 1, 2013
    Annapolis Area
    I'm kind of in the same boat, I really like my Rumble 40 - but wish it had more power so I could use it for practices. Some of the guys here advised going to the Rumble 200, I'm hesitant as I've got a 15" in my BA-115v2 and not totally in love with the sound (with what I know now I would have gone for BA-210v2).

I'm curious to see what works out for you.

mcclurer16 likes this.
  20. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Surely, Shirley, you don't expect a speaker change to give the 40 more power for band practice!?! I don't think that's happening. :rolleyes:

mcclurer16 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021