Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by G-Dog, Jul 30, 2019.

1. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    Is there any reason to keep wi-fi on other than when updating the firmware?

2. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2016

No. No, there is not. Updating the firmware is the only function of the wi-fi.

iagtrplyr and SoulReflection like this.
  3. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    Thanks, G-Dog. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Bassclef46 and G-Dog like this.
  4. Bassclef46

Bassclef46

Feb 1, 2021
    i only brought up the wifi because it came up when i was googling the amp for reviews. On google it showed me this thread
    Fender Rumble LT25, Studio 40 & Stage 800

and i scrolled down and found the email shawn posted on the issue. So i bookmarked that in case i had any issues with my amp cutting out i would know the answer (thank you shawng)
    So when i got the amp that issue was stuck in my mind so i mentioned it because i did not and still have not had any issues with wifi.

I did a firmware update first thing before doing anything else. The wifi is always off unless i turn it on. But like gdog said, no need to even have it on unless you are updating. However even when i turned it on I did not experience any issues

chupacerveza and G-Dog like this.
  5. Bassclef46

Bassclef46

Feb 1, 2021
    I am loving this amp. I am amazed by the ability is has to offer so many variables for a player. I love that it is way to loud when you want it to be, but also can be quiet enough to not disturb my family in the evening.

The best thing so far is the ease of use with the Fender app on my phone. I really do not even touch the control panel on the amp because its all right there on my phone! I still have not taken the pedal out of the box yet but look forward to exploring that aspect when the time comes. I also love how you can download other models from the amp and it lets you try them without saving them. Such a cool feature.

Are there any other places to get models to download or any new amps available? Or is it all via Fender Tone?

iagtrplyr, rmc63, G-Dog and 1 other person like this.
  6. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Glad you're enjoying your Stage 800, cleffy!

I wouldn't be surprised if there is some way to download models from some other source than the Fender Tone App, but I have no idea what way that would be. Anyone else?

User @Dookieshoes described a way to download the Fender Mustang amp models (for 6-string guitars) to our Rumble bass modeling amps via the Fender Tone App. See the links to those posts in the Tone App Support section of the Rumble Club Wiki page. That's gotta be interesting!

7. Bassclef46

Bassclef46

Feb 1, 2021
    Does anyone know a pedal that will let you drop tune? Like by half step or whole step? I looked through and can’t seem to locate a pedal that does what I want.

iagtrplyr likes this.
  8. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Hey, clefford, have you tried the Pitch Shifter? It's mentioned on page 31 of the manual. I haven't tried it myself, but it should work for you. Here's a testimonial. :cool:

iagtrplyr likes this.
  9. Bassclef46

Bassclef46

Feb 1, 2021
    I tried both chromatic and diatonic but either I am not setting it up right or it seems to output two tones at the same time. I also found pedal shift which will drop it down however many steps you want but it doesn’t output clean at all. It’s like a stuttering sound or like a breaking up tone (think cell phone).

iagtrplyr likes this.
  10. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    [
    Yeah, I wouldn’t use that. To me, it’s more for a single-note effect. The only thing I can think of is Digitech’s Whammy pedal. Do they even make they anymore? It allows you to do a lot, but I think it’s for guitar. Don’t know if there’s one for bass.

Bassclef46 likes this.
  11. chupacerveza

chupacerveza Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Austin, TX
    The HX Stomp folks say they have a good one....

12. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    Indeed. As I’ve mentioned previously, when playing live, I use my Stomp as an effects unit in front of my Stage 800.

For the bass, the Stomp’s original monophonic pitch shifting effect block Simple Pitch works as well, if not better, than Digitech’s Drop pedal. The new polyphonic effect block Poly Capo works even better; but, it consumes a lot of DSP power. Although you’d definitely want to use the Poly Capo effect on a guitar, Simple Pitch has no problem with bass octaves and simple 1-5-8 chords. So, I still use Simple Pitch when I need to combine pitch shifting other effects, too.

chupacerveza and Bassclef46 like this.
  13. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    The pitch shifter or diatonic pitch shifter built into the amp should get you what you want. Just turn the mix all the way to the effected side.

G-Dog and Droopy_TX like this.
  14. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016
    Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, all ye members of the Fender Rumble Club, for joining and sharing your Rumblings here. To celebrate this latest milestone, the current Membership List, aka Roster, has been attached here and linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page in the Rumble Club Membership Lists section. You have created a great Rumblers neighborhood in the overall TalkBass community. Thank you, for making it such an amazing place!

While the information and discussions here are always of interest, I very much appreciate the civility and genuine helpfulness that shines through, too. Thank you for that, very much. Have a great 2021, and . . . .

Rumble On!

Attached Files:

Diver, Droopy_TX and chupacerveza like this.
  15. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Digitech Drop is my solution to this situation. :thumbsup:

16. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Thanks, Tom, but that's an actual hardware pedal, right? I believe, since this was asked in the Fender bass modeling amps thread, they were looking to use a modeled effect in the amp, no? Some users seem to have done it well with the built-in Pitch Shifter.

BTW, Tom, have you had a look at the new Fender Mustang Micro, yet? Looks interesting! Please tell Fender that we bassists would like a Rumble version, would ya?

17. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    My bad, sorry. Yes, it is a hardware pedal - but it's on my board all the time, and gosh darn, it is useful! I will ask about a Rumble Micro!

G-Dog likes this.
  18. Droopy_TX

Droopy_TX

Jul 17, 2016
    Houston
    I did some testing with the tip that @Gsnorgathon gave regarding the built-in pitch shifters. For simple capo-type transposition, the proper effect is the Chromatic Pitch Shifter. The Diatonic Pitch Shifter creates note offsets based on the song's key and the chosen interval. This is more for creating harmonies than simple transposition.

Using the amp's front panel, the Chromatic Pitch Shifter effect is located in the FILTERS+SHIFT group, and called PITCH SHIFTER. Once you've added it, it's called CHROM PITCH.

Here's an illustration of the parameters:
    0CZoNAS.jpg

It works pretty well. Certainly good enough for live performance. I am going to make a couple generic tone presets with the effect set for Eb and Drop D tunings. This will cover my needs in case I ever have any problems with my HX Stomp. (Also, perfect for any impromptu jams with those SRV aficionados that just HAVE to tune down like Stevie did.)

Thanks for the tip, Gsnorg.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2021
    rmc63, ricardol, chupacerveza and 4 others like this.
  19. Gsnorgathon

Gsnorgathon

Jan 15, 2020
    My pleasure!

20. G-Dog

Feb 12, 2016

Attention: Rumble Club Wiki Edit Alert!

Thank you, @Droopy_TX, for sharing that info! Droo, your explanation of the Pitch Shifter effect on the Stage & Studio amps to detune, or drop tune, has been linked on the Rumble Club Wiki page near the middle of the Tone App Support section, at the end of the Droopy_TX Preset Experience sub-section. This is a terrific example of helping each other get the most put of these super-versatile bass modeling amps.

Thanks, Droo, for your sharing, and you too, @Gsnorgathon, for first confirming that this effect can do this job. :thumbsup:

Rumble On!

chupacerveza likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021