1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Future Impact now available!! WAS: deep impact reissue!!! interested?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by lokki, Nov 15, 2014.

1. im really digging these new features, cant wait to get stuck into this new editor

2. I knew that would be the case, but in my head it's more about the excitement of starting fresh. But as I'm sure many others in this thread have done, I've spent quite a bit of time really dialing in my most used sounds, so starting over does seem like backtracking. I'll probably import old > new and see how it goes!

5sg.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  3. Awesome sounds! I really need to get into this new editor too

The Mouse and cosmicevan like this.
  4. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    Srs. All the bullfrogs are out! I havent even updated yet. Shame

JimboP likes this.
  5. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    Just to be clear, the patches I’ve posted are for the v3 update (which is still in beta). The recent publicly available update was for v2.22.

cosmicevan likes this.
  6. GisserD

GisserD

Sep 9, 2015
    Awesome work @Quatschmacher !!!!

the second from last patch in the long post it absolute KILLER!!!

7. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    Thanks. That’s one which sounds similar to one I made on my Moog Subsequent. There I used hard sync. The FI doesn’t have it but I faked it by using the envelope to control the volume of a second waveform within the oscillator which then changes the harmonic structure over time and gives a similar effect.

fivestringgecko likes this.
  8. bassvirtuoso

bassvirtuoso My God, it's full of chrome! Gold Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Nebraska
    @Quatschmacher can you label these soundclips (just a title above the links) so I can write down which ones I want later when we can download them?

cosmicevan and 76jazzbass like this.
  9. Exactly what I was thinking too. Nice work @Quatschmacher. I get the feeling quite a few of your patches are going to be in 3.0. :cool:

I'm a pretty patient fella, but I'm definitely starting to get antsy for the new firmware to hit. :nailbiting:

5sg.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
    Quatschmacher likes this.
  10. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    5D3B507A-335D-4BCE-BADD-707B5C14DC96. 9941B49F-3B94-407A-91E0-0E5CBB0E77DE. 2BAE5FBA-0EEA-4E49-9E66-68C71977C84E.
    I’m not sure which ones I’ll finally release (though probably all the ones I’ve uploaded clips of so far). Also the numbering may change. All my patches that I’m happy with will be available to download for free.

As of today this is how they are numbered so cross reference any you like with the numbers. (Though some of the more long-winded titles might get changed but I’ll try to preserve the info in the notes I make.) If you listen via the google drive folder (link a few posts later) then the current patch numbers are displayed.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
    maxmaroon, JimboP, The Mouse and 2 others like this.
  11. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    Here’s a link to the whole folder of my v3 samples so far. I needed to pull the embedded links as they were clogging the page and causing it to take ages to load. It’s sorted into last-modified order so new ones appear at the top.
    FI v2.83 samples - Google Drive

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  12. Some amazing stuff in there... thank you! Let me know your address and I'll give you my first born son. He's 18 now, but it's the thought that counts, isn't it?

13. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico
    OMG those type of sounds I missed them from my Octavius Squeezer, I guess not anymore!

Quatschmacher likes this.
  14. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    Have you checked the others in the link quoted above? So many great sounds to be had from this instrument.

The Mouse likes this.
  15. forgive me for asking, as i'm sure it gets brought up ALL THE TIME, but im've never ventured into the midi world and im looking for a small box that allows me to cycle through the FI presets and turn the FI on/off remotely, as it's housed under my board.

16. GisserD

GisserD

Sep 9, 2015
    Selecting FI presets with Midi PC (program change)is easy with controllers like the Tech21 midi mouse or one control gecko are popular and small. there are others.
    Turning on/off will need a controller with Midi CC (control change) capability. A workaround may be to make a clean patch, and switch to it when you want no effect.

MADChuudoku likes this.

17. creating a clean patch hadn't even crossed my mind! thanks mate

18. Quatschmacher

Quatschmacher

May 16, 2007
    maxmaroon, cosmicevan and JimboP like this.
  19. Lippi

Lippi

Dec 6, 2015
    Well, a “clean” patch isn’t really clean, it is not true bypass. AD/DA conversion occurs in that case. (As a benefit you can adjust bass volume level for that patch though.)

20. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Disaster Area Designs | DMC-3XL Gen3