Geddy Lee????? I don't get it.......

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by 2behead, Apr 29, 2012.

1. HAHAHAHA

You know, I'm semi w/the OP as for tastes, but WHO CARES what I think & what good does it do to tell the innernetz if'n they dint ask me?!?

*maybe*- priceless

:D

2. I gotta give props to anyone who can sing and play in two different time signatures...Geddy's style is not my thing, but I admire his virtuosity

3. ZBirdV8

ZBirdV8

Feb 26, 2012
    Detroit Michigan
    OP is actually a priest of the temple of syrinx!!

4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

Haha, yeah that takes no talent. I'd love to see your band, something tells me you couldn't even play 1/2 of Rush's catalog and you couldn't comprehend even more of it.

Go write something that traverses time signatures without the public noticing and make a hit if it is so easy.

If you think a band as deep as Rush is immature I would love to see what you listen to. They know more about chords and timing than 95% of bands out there. There is a reason they are one of the greatest selling groups of all time, right up there with the Beatles and Elvis.

Troll.

5. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Not everyone's going to love them but hate is an ugly word. Now slow the motor down so I let the lure run deep......

6. LaBassGuy

LaBassGuy Supporting Member

Aug 26, 2008
    To me, it's Geddy's voice that's annoying.

Otherwise, I like their songs and his playing/tone.

7. OPBASSMAN1994

OPBASSMAN1994

Jul 30, 2010
    Listen to La Villa Strangiato's guitar solo. If you do not feel SOMETHING you have no soul...

8. ZBirdV8

ZBirdV8

Feb 26, 2012
    Detroit Michigan
    The federation has no soul.

9. The Internet: another toy that helped destroy the elder race of man.

10. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Testify! Conform or be cast out!

11. Rush can't touch Donovan! ;)

12. Hawkbone

Hawkbone Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Newfoundland
    ah, I'm just razzing OP - he has to expect that after dissing Geddy and co. on TB. I couldn't care less what others think of the things I like. My best buddy is anti-rush too. Smart cat and a brilliant musician but Rush just doesn't push any of his buttons.

13. smcgov

smcgov Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Northshore Mass
    I've got some of Geddy Lee's concert worn undies, every once in a while I put them on and then practice and I notice I play with a tad more verve, I can rent them to you if want, you can't wash them tho.

14. Oh, wow. If anything, I think this is a perfect example of a "bombs away at the OP" kind of thread.

People, it's the webz. Anyone can and should post their opinion wherever and whenever they like without you guys getting your panties in a bunch. Respect alternative tastes, not every single bass player on Earth loves Rush.

15. Tupac

Tupac

May 5, 2011
    Hah! And you guys made fun of me for calling Jazz musicians overrated. Does this mean I'm not the most hated person on the forum anymore?

16. john_g

john_g

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    And people are free to respond that those that do not like Rush are idiots! ;)

Go Geddy!

17. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    I too hate things I cant understand or for that fact that I cant play!

18. DaDrew2112

DaDrew2112

Apr 7, 2011
    Rochester
    I used to like Rush a ton however i just got out of it. I don't dislike Rush and if it's on I don't mind but i don't seek it.

19. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    LOL. So Rush is just another garage band? You know, until you pointed that out, I never saw the similarities between Rush and The Kingsmen before!

Mmmmmmmm, nahhhh, still don't. :p

So you don't like them. No problem. But I'll bet there are a ton of people here who feel nothing but disdain for what YOU consider to be emotion filled, mature, authentic prog rock. how about some examples? :rolleyes:

20. Are we supposed to open new threads for every artist we dislike...or should we stick to those more accomplished and well known bands/artists as a measure to call more attention for ourselves? :meh: ?

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021