1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Geddy Lee US book Tour

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Valsmere, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Valsmere

Valsmere Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2018
    southern NJ
    Not sure if you guys saw this but they have released a bunch of dates for his book signing tour. July 19th is Philadelphia for my area. Anyone else going??

2. Michigander

Michigander

May 24, 2019
    I already bought my copy. Great book.

3. Valsmere

Jun 28, 2018
    southern NJ
    I got mine as well but I figured a signed one I can keep on the shelf and really its like 20 minutes tops from my house!

4. Wear a Blue Jays cap and bring a baseball for him to sign: Front of the line like THAT fast !

5. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    I have a copy already, but maybe I can get permission to get another one. :laugh:

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    Valsmere likes this.
  6. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    At the risk of sounding like one of those new yorkers who has a hard time accepting that there is a world outside of new york...

Ged, How ya gonna come to the states and not hit New York?!?!

(truth be told, it would probably be easier to go to philly for this than deal with it if it happened in NYC)

Mike Sorr likes this.
  7. Valsmere

Jun 28, 2018
    southern NJ
    I just remembered I should have attached the dates duh me!
    book tou.

Yeah it seems stange since he will literally be going past NYC to get to Philly.

byoung93888 and cosmicevan like this.
  8. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    I was wondering why they chose the bookstore they did in Atlanta, and then I noticed what's nearby on the map:

[​IMG]

And no, that's not a photoshop. :laugh:

9. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    It would be interesting to know why those locations, specifically...

... with data mining so prevalent, I'm sure it played a factor in the decision(s)... and I'm sure this isn't the entire tour.

cosmicevan likes this.
  10. MonetBass

MonetBass ♪ Just listen ♫ Supporting Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Tulsa, OK
    And of course he's not coming anywhere near Tulsa. St. Louis is the closest, and I can't swing that on a Monday. :(

11. Winslow

Winslow

Sep 25, 2011
    Yeah, it's funny how in some cities they go one-off places, but others, a B&N chain. Can't figure it, but then, I'm not in the book tour business.

Of course, now I want to take a bass down to that rec center, just for the goofy pic potential.

Valsmere and Spidey2112 like this.
  12. Wilmingtonian

Wilmingtonian

Aug 20, 2011
    Youse New Yawkers, he did hit Ridgewood, NJ, way back in like December. Like 35 minutes from Manahattan by car, not the same, I know, but I figured then it was more about publicity for the book - I think tickets were only around $70 then, not pushing $100 like now - since he only did like two signings in the holiday / book release time frame. He could hit more, larger cities but I'd guess he's pretty happy with how demand has shaped up for the book. I'm a bit at a loss as to the tour itinerary, myself.

cosmicevan likes this.
  13. Charlzm

Charlzm Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I hope i odn't come across as a jerk, but I couldn't care less about his book after thumbing through it. I would prefer he gets back to playing music. But, Geddy will do as Geddy will, so I'll just keep my fingers crossed and hope he starts playing basses on a tour instead of selling books about them on a tour.

14. Wilmingtonian

Wilmingtonian

Aug 20, 2011
    Not a jerk, just a little surprising. I'm more bass collector (collection: 1 really good bass, 1 crappy cheap player) so I'm not a 'basses are tools' guy and I love the book at first look, haven't spent a lot of time with it yet. I maybe rather he be out playing or in recording music, but I am ok with that not happening, too. Plus, his voice is really shot, Rush can't continue as a trio. So something else would have to be happening and I'm not sure what he could do that would be as cool as Rush once was...

Charlzm likes this.
  15. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Always overcompensating Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    SoCal
    Considering Neil Peart has had tendonitis on his arm for years, and that alex lifeson has arthritis (if i remember correctly) plus theyve all been playing and touring for so long...I wouldn't be surprised if maybe Geddy Lee also has some sort of undisclosed physical ailment that keeps him from being too eager for more touring especially without the rest of the band. This is probably something fun and easygoing for him and I think he’s earned that.

Matthew_84 and basted like this.
  16. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You have to buy a $100 ticket for the "privilege" of buying a book and having him sign it? What a crock!

Charlzm, johnson79, basted and 2 others like this.
  17. Wilmingtonian

Wilmingtonian

Aug 20, 2011
    Well, more like $105 after 'fees'. It's not my crock of tea, either, but there are folks who will jump at the chance and I don't have an issue with that. I'm just not one of them, and I love Rush and GL.

JimmyM likes this.
  18. JoshS

JoshS

Dec 30, 2018
    Colorado
    I thought you got the book with the ticket.

moonshinegtrs and 43ManSquamish like this.
  19. Yup. In Atlanta, the ticket is $90 and includes a copy of the book. Then there are the fees that push it to just over $104. I already have the book, and now... I will have two signed copies.

As to "why certain bookstores", he's known for going to indie book shops. He usually goes to Eagle Eye in Atlanta, which is what I was expecting, but I think their schedule for July is packed. The occasional B&N gets thrown in if the indies aren't available.

JimmyM likes this.
  20. ClusterFlux

ClusterFlux

Apr 11, 2018
    $90, and that includes the book.

Sounds par for the course to me. I don't go for the autograph thing, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of signing events cost that much these days.

JimmyM likes this.