1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

God help us, every single one, if this gets funded...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Jamvan, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Jamvan

Jamvan The Bassist Formerly Known As Meh Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2014
    Minnesota
    PortlandBass77 likes this.
  2. mongo2

mongo2

Feb 17, 2008
    Da Shaw
    Oy!

3. Boom762

Boom762 I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    AHHHH HA HA HA HA HA!

Loseriest thing I've seen in a long time.

Midak, bopeuph, hintz and 4 others like this.
  4. Frank Tuesday

Frank Tuesday

Jul 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    So if it is set to play a major chord, what happens when you want to play a minor chord? What if you want to add a 7th in? If you're going to limit yourself that much, why not just get a guitar and tune it so the open strings make the major chord and then you just have to bar across all the strings on a single fret. Just as useless, and you don't have to pay for a trinket.

5. fendermademygibson

fendermademygibson

Jan 28, 2015
    W.T.F.?!

Just another example of the dumbing down of society.

"A fool and his money are soon parted." - Thomas Tusser (1524-1580)

mb94952, Manichga, Matthew_84 and 5 others like this.
  6. SpanishDave

SpanishDave

Mar 3, 2009
    Vigo Spain
    You too can play songs that sound similar to all your favourite songs!

dutchwife, JeffLieby, hintz and 5 others like this.
  7. "It's also a shortcut for people who don't have time to learn guitar." Really? If you don't have time to learn guitar then just don't pick up a guitar, don't try to learn it in some half-ass way! The only thing I can see this thing being useful for is for someone who really wants to play but has a physical issue that would otherwise prevent it.

Fxpmusic, bopeuph, hintz and 6 others like this.
  8. marko138

marko138

May 24, 2013
    Perry County PA
    What a waste of time. STUPID.

9. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    It's only a matter of time until the Bass equivalent come out. It'll just be that much easier for the posers.

10. ggunn

ggunn

Aug 30, 2006
    Austin, TX
    I went to a Bad Company show many years ago, and when they played "Shooting Star" the lead singer came out with an open tuned righty-worn-lefty white Strat that he whanged away on during the song. The apex of the heresy was when he lifted the guitar up to his mouth and pretended to play with his teeth while the actual guitarist stood with his back to the audience and played Hendrix-esque licks.

Fxpmusic and 000_Unknown like this.
  11. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    That's what drums are for. ;)

12. ImNotJoel

ImNotJoel

Jan 12, 2014
    Connecticut
    There's one major point they mentioned, people with physical disabilities could benefit. I am not against a product that allows people with disabilities who can't play the opportunity to be able to actually play something.

13. Stewie26

Stewie26 Supporting Member

Please don't start throwing things at me but from an engineering point of view, this is quite brilliant. I do like the way it switched from major to minor chords. Also, the younger generations like instant everything. He could sell a lot of these. Just sayin.

14. Who cares. It's not like it could replace a real player.

15. hjschwartz

hjschwartz

Jun 7, 2013
    I've just invented this great device that makes it even easier. Its called "iPOD Taped to a Bass and Wired Through Speakers". You just select the song you want to play and hit the button on your iPOD. It plays the song through your speakers while you hold onto the bass. You can even keep a hand free to scratch your ass if you like. It works for pretty much any instrument. Anyone want to donate so my dream can become reality?

16. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    It's quite irrelevent really - you don't have to use instruments today, just get some band in a box software, buy prerecorded packs of the music style you like and cut and paste a hit on your computer. :)

17. bass_case

bass_case Maintain low tones. Supporting Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Miami, FL
    Now everyone can play the blues guitar!

000_Unknown and bassrich like this.
  18. This seems like something the guy from the Goo Goo Dolls would use. I saw them in concert as a feature act, and he just played everything with one finger in open tunings.

000_Unknown likes this.
  19. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Soooooooo....basically you're re-inventing "Guitar Hero"? :eyebrow:

000_Unknown likes this.
  20. FerruleCat

FerruleCat

Mar 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    I'mma grow me some "long, luxurious nails," then "blow off steam and jam!"

Dude sounds a bit like Saul Goodman.

Boom762, hintz and S-Bigbottom like this.