Guitar store woes...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Garrett Mireles, Jul 19, 2004.

1. I drive for an hour to go to the music store hoping they have an ESP F-255, because I know they sell ESP. They didn't have it, only the F-104 and some F series guitars.

So I had them order it for me, because that way I don't have to pay shipping and handling. Thing is, it takes them 1-7 days to get back to me on a price quota, and add another week on top of that for it to ship.

But if I ordered it myself off the net shipping and handling would be $80, which is rediculous. So basicly I have to wait 2 weeks to get a new bass, instead of getting it today.

Anyone else been in a similar situation?
  2. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Oh dear. Two whole weeks, and all you save is $80.

I waited two and a half months for an aguilar preamp, three months for a replacement A string from Thomasti-Infeld, and three weeks for a replacement fretless from Yamaha.
  3. You waited 3 months for an A string?

*bends wrist in gay fashion* DETAILS!
  4. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    A whole production of the A strings in TI Flats were bad, and they'd give you a free replacement. Unfortunately, I didn't get the bass that I was putting them on until two months after I got the strings, and by the time I found out it was bunk, I was past the "free replacement" thing. The store I ordered the strings from initially covered the cost, but there was this whole issue, and then something with shipping, etc. I would visit the store every day during my second period spare and ask if it was in. The day before they got there, the owner's son (around 30 or so) gave me this huge lecture on how "things don't always go exactly how you want," etc. etc. (do note that "checking if they came in" involved going in there, asking the owner if they were in or not, and then saying "Ok, see ya later" and then walkingout). Needless to say, I refuse to deal with the guy's son now. It's all good though -- the owner cut me a deal on a Ritter gig bag -- gave me $10 off and didn't charge tax.

Weirdes thing about the whole situation? In November, I ordered a set of TI Jazz Rounds from the same store and got them the next day. :eek:
  5. bluntman_bass

Jul 13, 2004
    Wilcox, NE
    just wait for it, it wont kill you
  6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Yeah, yeah...but what if it did!?

Hold me!

7. That guy's son sounds like an ass. Not like you were complaining about the situation, just checking up on it.

I'm going to call them everyday asking if the price quote is in. I want my bass dammit!
  8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Try ordering a Fender. You'll be waiting for a lot longer than 2 weeks.
  9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I'm just a little curious, what place was going to charge you $80 in shipping? :eek: I have never paid that much for shipping a bass. I know Musicians Friend has that bass for $525 and free shipping.
  10. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Most places charge a hefty surcharge for shipping to Hawaii. Not too surprising it would take a couple of weeks to get something over there, IME.
  11. Yep. The only shipping option is the 2 day express. would give me the 1 day express for $27 (talk about a great deal!!) but they won't have the bass until august 13th.

If I knew I would have to wait I woudn't really mind I'm usually patient. It's just that I really thought I was goign to get the bass yesterday and instead it was like "SIKE! YOU HAVE TWO MORE WEEKS! SUCKA!"

Waiting on a Sadowsky has to suck too :meh:
  12. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Yea yea, you save $80 shipping by going to the local shop,, but you'll probably PAY that much in sales tax... It's a wash...

However, I strongly advise going w/ the local shop, only because your dealer will likely stand behind the bass he sells you. Go off the net, & its a major PITA if you have some sort of problem.
  13. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    I had to wait a few weeks for my Dingwall too, isnt a dealer anywhere local. I had the cash, I wanted it in my hands. I had been dreaming of it for quite a few months before I got it, so when I had the cash, I wanted it right then. That is just how things work though :) I was more than thrilled when I got it, but I understand the waiting woes too hehe.
  14. THANK YOU for reminding me of sales tax. I live on a military base we get everythign at cost. I THINK the sales tax is 4%?

525 x 1.04 = $546

$21 aint too bad. Though if I shovel out another $60 I could have it a week earlier...meh I'll just wait.
  15. Dude, that's nothing, I live in New York and the sales tax is...are you ready for this...... 8.75%!!!!!!! :eek:

No offense, but, living in Hawaii must suck (some places won't ship there at all). Just like Silent Hill, "it's a nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there." :D Same thing goes for Alaska. :smug:

Rack up Misc post # 4 for me...
  16. BTW:

:D :p :D :p

Good one, my friend.

17. invisiman

Feb 22, 2004
    And in Saskatchewan it's 13%. So quit complaining :p
  18. Ha-ha! :D I guess there's much worse out there afterall. And how is the economy with a 13% sales tax, hmmm? :meh:
    But you can't beat Puerto Rico, which has NO SALES TAX!!!!! (well, if I remember correctly that is; I'd have to double check).

Can't beat that deal. No need for money conversion don't hurt either. :)

EDIT: Or was NO Income Tax?! :meh:
  20. FIRE IN THE SKY-Y!!!

Awesome song, played it the other day at the "One Night Only: Balls to the Wall" Scrotera Reunion :smug: (my former band), but what's your point? :confused: :p