1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jersey Shore!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by J. Crawford, Jan 5, 2012.

1. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Starts tonight! I can't wait. I've been an addict since the first episode and haven't stopped.

I don't know if I'm less or more awkward than the Bronies...

2. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    I suppose if it strikes your fancy go for it.

Me I think it's quite possibly on of the biggest defining factors in the helpless dumbing down of our culture in todays society. IMO of course.

3. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I agree, which is a reason I love it. It makes me feel so intelligent.

4. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    Long Island, NY.
    My old roommate use to watch that show. I tried watching a few episodes with him, but I could never last more than 15 minutes without wanting to blow my brains out. That said, I can watch the poop out of Dom Mazzetti on youtube.

5. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Ok, lol I can see that.

6. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Dom Mazzetti is supremely ****ing hilarious.

7. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I watched one full episode with my girlfriend just to give it a try. Never again. She's watching the premiere now, I'm in the 2nd bedroom with the door closed. I have work to do, anyway. Later, we'll watch either The Office or Beavis & Butthead on the DVR if there are new episodes. It all works out...

8. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    There aren't. :atoz:

The only exposure I have to Jersey Shore is Beavis & Butthead.

"You're the best grandma ever Grandma J. Wow...please don't hit me!"

9. How does it feel to be what's wrong with this country?

(I kid, of course :p)

10. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Bummer! Oh well, I've got PTI recorded, she'll usually watch that with me.:D

Ha! I loved that part.

11. ebonalley

ebonalley

May 17, 2010
    Guilty.

12. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    Great season opener.

13. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Ive seen all the previous seasons. I dont care for it all that much, but my wife likes it. Rather than watch the new episode we watched some Arrested Development on DVD last night.

14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I HATE hate hate hate HATE that show!!!! Having lived it and dealt with idiots just like that every damn time I went to the shore here, that show triggers flash backs. So help me god I've dealt with, fought with, yelled at, been yelled at, been jumped by, had my arse kicked by, kicked the arses of, people JUST freaking like that all through my late teens and twenties. Any show glorifying that mindset should be shut down and the makers shot... well maybe just shot with a taser in the nads.

15. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Hey Relic, your bias is showing! :spit:

Lol. There are people just like these ijiots the world over. Most people have encountered someone who behaves like the stereotypical guido, musclehead, jockbro type in there life. These morons arent relegated to the Jersey Shore.

That said, now is their comeuppance. Though these 8 in particular are being paid big bucks to be the dramatic versions of who they are, they arent accomplishing anything other than making these types look like the idiots they are.

16. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I hear ya, and you're absolutely right. Still...a taser shot to the maker's nads would make me happy :)

17. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    If I'm not mistaken aren't most, if not all, of those idiots actually New Yorkers? Yet NJ gets the black eye. :rolleyes:

I've never stooped so low as to actually watch the show but I've seen those idiots on talk shows and interviewed on the news (those idiots are NEWSWORTHY?!). It's hard to imagine finding a more shallow and self-absorbed, bunch of pigs. They're actually deluded enough to believe that they deserve celebrity their idiot fans give them. Yeah, like they deserve to have anyone admire them. :eyebrow:

It would be nice if that were really true. But, unfortunately, they think they really do think that they've accomplished something important and that they themselves actually are important. And, worse, they have millions of brain dead minions who are dumb enough to believe the lie that these idiots are actually important. :spit:

Ummmm, is my bias showing? :D :smug:

18. MatticusMania

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    I realize that they actually think theyre accomplishing something, I was saying that the reality is that theyre not. And, aside from their "fans" most people are aware of this. Id say even a good portion of their fans are probably aware. Yes, your bias is showing, but its not as big as Relic's :smug:

19. snooki.

20. J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I do nothing more than watch the show, don't think I find any of them idols and intelligent. They are far from it. But to me, a 19 year old college student, the show is extremely entertaining.