1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jule Amps Monique part 5

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Nov 27, 2013.

1. jsbarber

jsbarber

Jun 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Reminds me of a story I read some years ago. There’s this guy talking to his friend and the friend is complaining that his tube radio isn’t working right. The guy tells his friend that his nephew is really good at working with these things, and the friend tells the guy to bring his nephew over to take a look. So the guy shows up with his ten year old nephew, and the friend is a bit surprised but says “ok, let the kid see what he can do.” So they leave the room and the kid turns on the radio. It is silent for a bit, then starts squealing and making odd noises for a while, and then works fine. So the kid turns it off, lets it cool, and then switches the two tubes. Problem solved. The kid figured out that the second tube was putting out the crap that the first tube was generating as it warmed up more slowly. Once the tubes were swapped by the time the second tube warmed up the first tube was stable. The 10 year old was Richard Feynman. He went on to win the Nobel prize in physics for the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics. Smart kid.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
    interp, Slaymus, allenhumble and 2 others like this.
  2. juledude

juledude Creator of the Monique Preamplifer and Bass Amps. Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Owner and creator Jule Amps. Creator of the Monique Bass Preamplifier

Ric Vice likes this.
  3. juledude

juledude Creator of the Monique Preamplifer and Bass Amps. Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    I'm probably too old for a Nobel, but I like the thinking. :)

BurningSkies, interp and Ric Vice like this.
  4. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    “On behalf of the selection committee I hereby nominate you Jule Potter for consideration for the Nobel Prize in Tone Expression.”

“Included with text and drawings of his advancements the committee was afforded a working model of the design. It’s affectionately known as Monique. The clarity combined with down home phat makes an amalgam of science and art rarely seen in tech today. We are considering this award with all haste. Any delays are due to the sample, the Monique. It continues to go missing at different homes of the selection board members.”

Sincerely,
    Swiss Watchman

Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    DirtyDuke, gkbass13, juledude and 2 others like this.
  5. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    I finally found a cabinet that doesn't break up when I push it with the Jule.

IMG_0142 copy.

6. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Berg and Monique quite a pairing!!

7. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    This replaced a pair of HDN-112s. The 12 on this is really deep, and the 10's add nice clarity. My HDN-112s are currently for sale in the classifieds ;)

juledude, gotfunk21 and chadds like this.
  8. EMoneySC2

EMoneySC2 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    You can see Monique was with me last weekend at my bands 3rd show!

429_4440.

9. GentProvocateur

GentProvocateur Supporting Member

What's the 3U thing under it?

juledude likes this.
  10. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    Maybe a pedal drawer?

juledude likes this.
  11. EMoneySC2

EMoneySC2 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    2U pull out pedal shelf! I drilled holes in the front and back and mounted passthrough 1/4" instrument cable jacks with power in the back.

IMG_20190522_215401.

Peterson strobe tuner, Cali76 CB, Sansamp YYZ, DSM Noisemaker OmniCabSim Mini, and SFX Microthumpinator ... all into the front of Monique.

juledude, JKos, allenhumble and 2 others like this.
  12. Indeed...
    5CAA7E29-6536-4C4C-AE36-698F1C53331A_zpswx7gbklq.

13. whitelines

whitelines Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    65B31A17-ECA3-4753-9856-17092C1B96B7. I took my Mesa 400 to a gig this weekend along with an old ampeg 6x10 fridge. I had not used that stack in awhile and wanted some variety from my Monique tardis and Mesa subway cabs.
    Plugged in the Mesa, flipped the on switch, and... nothing. Fuse was ok but amp was dead.
    Thankfully I brought my Monique as a backup and played it through the ampeg 6x10 (g-60, which was really a guitar cab but who’s counting) for the gig.
    That rig sounded awesome! So much low end, reminded me of an SVT, with some warm up on top.
    I don’t usually see Monique’s sitting on top of SVT cabs in this thread, so here u go. The bass is a 1980’s MIJ NBD I just posted about in another thread.

14. whitelines

Oct 26, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    This weekend, I recorded a little jam I transcribed from a Janek Gwizdala Instagram post. Used my Monique and a Cali pedal compressor. Thought you Monique fans would like hearing the Monique direct tone.

15. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    Every show...for many years. Monique + M-series power is the rock.

66852666_2335239356591714_692178235093417984_n.

67744236_10215234705485087_224702449724686336_n.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though sometimes a grainy video from the audience is best...

16. ghorvers

ghorvers

Dec 22, 2005
    always nice to see pictures of those lovely Monique setups. kudos.

17. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    If you look closely behind whitelines, you'll see that his other amp is a B-15N.

ghorvers and whitelines like this.
  18. whitelines

Oct 26, 2014
    Salt Lake City
    Yes sir, a 63 if I remember right. It’s easier to record with the Monique however. I have to rather crank the b-15n to get into its tonal sweet spot.

Ric Vice and ghorvers like this.
  19. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    I hate to do it, but I am selling my 700 Tardis if anyone is interested. It is not because I want to play any other amp. I love it. But I am not gigging right now and probably won’t for at least another year. So I’m hoping to re-home it to someone who will play it now. I will most assuredly buy another as soon as I can get this project to completion. Rob

juledude likes this.
  20. juledude

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    And the Music goes on forever.

Ric Vice likes this.