1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jule Amps Monique part 5

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Nov 27, 2013.

1. juledude

juledude Creator of the Monique Preamplifer and Bass Amps. Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Owner and creator Jule Amps. Creator of the Monique Bass Preamplifier
    Makes the $$ I invested in this computer audio system a very wise investment. Thank you.

whitelines and TolerancEJ like this.
  2. juledude

juledude Creator of the Monique Preamplifer and Bass Amps. Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    And this is a Monique that has been making music for many years. Wonderful.

whitelines and TolerancEJ like this.
  3. juledude

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Cool pic

4. allenhumble

allenhumble

Oct 22, 2004
    Acworth GA.
    juledude and TolerancEJ like this.
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Endorsing artist: Dingwall Guitars
    We got 'called' for a break at a festival on Saturday due to lightning...it was just a quick 15 minute stop. But after exiting the stage for a moment I went back up and there were a couple guys ogling my stuff...turns out they were bass players and had heard of the legendary "Jule Amps" but never seen one. We rode out the storm talking about the Monique and the M2500, and the hows and whys they work for me. Always love sharing your work.

6. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Why, did it make yer butt look big or sumthin'?

juledude, BurningSkies and TolerancEJ like this.
  7. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Dude even without lightning my ass looks big. ;) Baby got back.

Soon I'll have it in the rider that no photogs can take shots from this angle:

[​IMG]

Even the scrawny palm trees couldn't hide that action.

8. juledude

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Thank you Bill. Good also, to know you are healthy again. And congratulations on your and the Band's success. Don't forget Santa Cruz has good venues.

Passinwind likes this.
  9. juledude

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    OH NO! Don't stop now. :thumbsup:

Passinwind likes this.
  10. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    We'll be out there eventually. Staying east of the Mississippi for a bit, I hear but there's word that they're working out some touring with The Movement (west coast reggae) and some other things. Also yeah, weird to have all my head spaces back where they should be and to feel halfway human again. I'm not sure how I stayed upright last year now that I look back on it. I've got some renewed enthusiasm for our mission. ;)

shadowrider, juledude and Passinwind like this.
  11. juledude

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Chassis are getting color this week. Silkscreen won't take long after that. Time for Beta testing - very soon.

Both Simone and the S-500 amplifier will be ready at the same time.

12. juledude

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Count me in on that enthusiasm. You have all worked very hard to be there. Proud.

shadowrider likes this.
  13. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    Standing on the backs of giants, Jule. Without the work of guys like you I'd sound like poop. ;) We have some new stuff in the making that I need to hand off one of these days. I also have a package in the making for you and Marsha...just haven't gotten offa my duff to box it up.

14. Peredur

Peredur

Jul 7, 2002
    Wales
    I was in France and found her house.
    20190808_083150.

15. juledude

Dec 10, 2006
    Santa Cruz, CA
    Looks about right.

16. pawnshopbill

pawnshopbill

Jun 20, 2015
    Florida
    Hey guys, I did a quick search but couldn't find the answer. Does anyone know what bulb the Monique takes? Mine burnt out months ago but I do like it to know that the Monique is getting power rather then waiting for the tubes to glow. Also I am thinking about replacing the lens to make it shine Red, Is that a standard size somewhere?

17. Valveman

Valveman Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2012
    Maple Grove, MN
    I can't help you with the bulb but I got a selection of colors for the jewel lens from Mesa/Boogie. I also like the contrast of the creamy knobs.

2019-08-11 CH VFW rig small.

TolerancEJ and pawnshopbill like this.
  18. BurningSkies

Feb 20, 2005
    Syracuse NY
    I think it's the same size and wattage as the general use fender ones, but shoot Jule a message and ask.

I ended up buying a frosted green 'vintage' lens that probably was originally a Gibson part.

allenhumble and pawnshopbill like this.